Got side-swiped

gsferrari

Registered
Well...it happened. I got side-swiped by a F-350 truck at 80mph on I-40. I was in the left-most lane when this happened - he merged into my lane STRAIGHT after merging into I-40 and right off the ramp. Basically - the truck ran 3 lanes across to get into my lane without looking...WTF!?!?

I saw him coming but I didnt expect him to come across - avoided contact by sticking my foot out and kicking his door. This sent me off the lane into the median between the two directions of the interstate. Rolled down through the grass and stopped with both wheels across the storm drain.

Didnt drop the bike or hit anything hard - but I have a lot of long grass in my radiator and chain/sprocket.

What do you recommend I look out for? Any specific problems to check for?

I didnt get his tags because I was too busy saving my ass...

Driver - Mexican
Passenger - Mexican
Looked like a "painting service" truck because there were ladders and paint cans in the back IIRC.

f**k !!!

Glad you are okay and no damage to the bike. Start by removing the fairings and getting the grass out. Crank her up and see how she does.

Wow Bro ... glad you're okay ... good work riding her into the median without going down ... another example of us being invisible out there.

take em to the car wash...I'm glad you are ok... ill. alliens...
mad.gif

I am headed to the stealership now to have her checked out. Good thing I have insurance that covers towing expenses. I am looking closely now and I have scratches on my right mirror - nothing that a black marker cant take care of though.

More in the evening post busa-dissection
sad.gif

That sounded like a close one! Glad you're okay. Also, inspect your tires for any foreign objects they might have picked up in the median.

Everything looks OK. Oil changed to Synthetic mobil-1 and they cleaned out the radiator...didnt charge me for it but I paid for the oil and got some chain lube to go.

Aah well...

If I see that truck again i'll have some fun with the paint cans and customize me an F-350
mad.gif

Come to think of it my stealership is pretty awesome...

Here's a list of things they didnt charge me for:

* Vehicle inspection (prior to purchase)
* Idle adjustment
* The work related to this incident

Hmmm...too bad they dont have a dyno!

<!--EDIT|gsferrari
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152295733 -->

Sh!t glad your OK... What I would look out for are those damn illegal aliens driving around in un-insured cages. Nice save though. At 80 mph your lucky you weren't killed. Hope you remember the truck and remember pay back is a beotch!
mad.gif

I was doing 80 when he came over...no idea how much brake I grabbed or how long the whole event took. It felt like it was going on for several minutes but it must have been 10 seconds in all from push to shove...

Just shocking how quickly sh*t can come flying out at you...frightening...

But I am back riding. Got back to work and all is good.

Be careful out there...ive had 3 close calls already without any spills but my luck is bound to run out some-day. I am geared up for that though...

That would piss me off, too. It's what we get for riding down here in the south... a lot of people down here can't drive because they're too busy listening to Randy Travis. In AL, people here do NOT use turn signals (no law against it) and I have to be extra mindful on the road.

That would piss me off, too. It's what we get for riding down here in the south... a lot of people down here can't drive because they're too busy listening to Randy Travis. In AL, people here do NOT use turn signals (no law against it) and I have to be extra mindful on the road.
Never trust a turn signal. My best friend wrecked his bike when he got it, he forgot to cancel his turn signal and a car pulled out in front of him (thinking he was turning).

I was doing 80 when he came over...no idea how much brake I grabbed or how long the whole event took. It felt like it was going on for several minutes but it must have been 10 seconds in all from push to shove...

Just shocking how quickly sh*t can come flying out at you...frightening...

But I am back riding. Got back to work and all is good.

Be careful out there...ive had 3 close calls already without any spills but my luck is bound to run out some-day. I am geared up for that though...
I usually do the opposite, I open her up as far as I can and walk in front of the cager.

Back