local stealer just to find out how hard it would be to get it
down here in the states~ I also contacted Iggy in Canada,
who is looking into a price with shipping included for me~
The thing is.. the stealer tells me that it's next to impossible
to get a Canadian bike serviced or have any warranty work
done on it here~ He basically said I'd have to have all this
taken care of up in Canada~
Has anyone else ever heard this before or is he just blowin
smoke up my arse tryin to sell me one off his showroom floor??

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: "can't spell worth a damn"|1078876078 -->

Once that bike leaves the country..bye bye warranty.
Unless you get an after market warranty at your local suzuki dealer.

IT all comes down to your dealer man, I have heard repeatadly that many Dealerships will not honor warranties, etc... On Canadian imports. Some other folks on the board have purchased Canadian Bikes with little hassle though it can get pricey converting the guages and such. If your dealer will go for it cool... Otherwise I would stear clear.

Be patient, get the exact bike you want, I am still recommending the 04 in Red. I dig the solid colors and man the Red Dragon would really stand out.

YES and NO!

He is blowing some SMOKE because he wants you to buy his bike.  They can and will cover a Canadian bike but........

a US dealer can tell you they aren't going to warranty it and to take it back where you bought it from.  I would just keep looking around and talk to other dealers.  They either want your business or they don't.  If you have to buy a bike from them to get something done, I wouldn't want them working on my bike anyway! IT IS UP TO THE DEALER!

If you have to, buy a extended warranty from your local dealer but I don't think you will need it.  I would just bank that money for Mods or save it for something NOT covered at a later date.

IGGY will do just about anything you need.  If you did have a problem, he would give his left arm to make it right.  The BLACK/BLUE looks HOT!
cool.gif

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078879864 -->

Then Again... Dealers up north may be a bit more inclined to deal with Canada Speck products due to geographic location? IE, They run into it a lot more often?

Hi GypsyJoker. I have a ? is Iggy a parts supplier in Canada
the reason I ask is that I have a 2003 blue & silver busa which supposedly was only for Japan the thing is I need a right side fairing I check to see if I can buy the 04 one but the blue is darker can't get the fairing in the US for my 03. A parts dealer here tells me he can get it in Canada but the price he is telling me is outrages would like to know if Iggy can get one do you have his #.

I think it might be cheaper in the long run and less of a headache if you buy the the U.S. model and buy the Canadian Plastics. I dunno that is just my thought. I really like the Canadian Blue/Black.

arey,

This is Iggy's info and YES he is a parts supplier.  He should be able to help you but you might have to pay the Canadian price.  You never know he might be able to give you US price shipping out of country.  Just give him a call and see what he can do for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
{{POWER CYCLE  
Address  3140 WALKER ROAD
WINDSOR, ON N8W 3R5  
Phone  (519) 969-2339  
Fax  (519) 969-5825  
E-mail:  powercycle@bellnet.ca  

Just ask for IGGY and tell him you heard about it on a bike forum.  If you have any questions just shoot him an email and he can hook you up.  If you are not within driving distance of Ontario than he will ship it to you.  All prices include everything to get it titled/licensed in the USA.  Brokerage $32+/-  Duty cost $200+/- and shipping FEE depending where you are at Est. $300-500.  If you can pick it up you will save a lot more than your local dealer.  The prices are always changing because of the Canadian exchange rate but it is worth the time to check it out.

For those that don't know about the different colors available.

Hayabusa:  US colors plus, Limited Edition Solid RED and Black/Blue.
1k/750/600:  1 of each color different if you don't want a Busa.

I just wanted to put the info. out for people that are getting messed around by there local dealer.  If you have any questions just shoot him and email.}}

Canadian Black/Blue or Blue/Silver is the only way to go if you ask me.  Black/Purple looks good but just doesn't do anything for me.  I haven't seen the RED in person so that's still up for debate.

Give IGGY a call, they will ship it to your front door!  I bet you still come out better than your local dealer.}}
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-

As for buying a US spec 04 and swapping the plastics, NOT even close!  The plastics NEW alone are close to $3k.  You could probably make up the difference selling the US color stuff but not much.  Just to give you and idea, you would be saving almost half the price of plastics by buying from Canada.  

GypsyJoker,

You should be fine with a Canadian bike, you just have to talk with a dealer willing to help you.  They have to submit a few extra papers and what not to get Suzuki to cover it but a Canadian bike is definitly do'able!  

That is one of the reasons I bought from Canada.  I got the color I wanted and the local dealers were trying to shaft me with BS!  It was the end of the summer and they wanted full MSRP.  Then they are like "We can go cheaper but you have to buy a extended warranty, helmet, gloves....bla.....bla......bla......

They didn't even have the color I wanted so......I got the Black SE from Canada and saved over $2,000 even with the 3-hour drive to pick it up.

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078886944 -->

arey,

No problem man!

Come to think of it, I don't think Blue/Silver was available in Canada in 03 but he should be able to order it for you.

Later,

Josh
cool.gif

cool.gif
Thanks for the feedback...

I ran across Iggy here, arey~ Hope it helps you find your parts~

I'm really second guessing the red on the SE~ From most of
the pics I've seen it comes off as too bright or metalicy~ I'm
hoping for more of a deep, thick, kinda red~ Really hard to say
until I get the chance to see it in liiving color~ And..
Yes, that Blk/Blu scheme just gets my mouth waterin.. I
pretty much figured on changing the gauges out, but never
thought about any services being a problem~ I suppose I can
do most of it on my own anyhow (good bonding time)~
Then there's also the fact that I have a very low tolerance
level in my patience department~ The SE won't be on the
showroom until April~ The Bruiser can be had anytime, yet,
with shipping could still take a week...  
down.gif
... why does
custom painting gotta be such an expensive mod!
eyes.gif

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078888899 -->

GypsyJoker,

Let me know what kind of a price IGGY works out for you! Damn that BLACK/BLUE looks good!
wow.gif

Josh
cool.gif

I think it might be cheaper in the long run and less of a headache
if you buy the the U.S. model and buy the Canadian Plastics...
I did think this over, too... just get the plastics and tank from
across the river~ Have yet to look into the pricing to do it,
but it would be nice to have a whole set put aside for that
rainy day~  
cool.gif

edit:
Will do, Got-Busa.. I should hear back from him soon~ Being
down here.. it's more of an 18hr drive for me to pick it up~ So
Iggy's looking into shipping options, crunchin numbers, and
supposed to get back with me soon~

<!--EDIT|GypsyJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078889235 -->

Hey I'm curious about something ?? You American lads are always curious and interested in importing a bike from Canada - how about Mexico ?? Would it be easier/closer/cheaper or whatever to get a Busa from down south and bring it back ? Or is the Busa not sold in Mexico or something ??
rock.gif

Back