Canadian ecu question

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
Not a busa but keeping it in the Suzuki family, my cousin has a 2002 gsxr600 that came from Canada. Problem is that the cluster will not switch from kmh to mph and after researching it seems this is common for the Canadian bikes. My question is would it be the ecu that needs to be swapped to make it able to switch or could I possibly send it to be flashed and resolve the problem?

Thanks six. That's what I was thinking but being able to see the mph on it threw me off and the couple things I was able to find on the subject was telling me the ecu was keeping it from changing

I had a 02 600 from Canada. Is his blue and silver? When it was crashed and I rebuilt the bike I had this same issue. I fixed it with a Speedo healer.
His is actually the Telefonica blue model, he has a yellow box that's supposed to di the same as the speedo healer but could never get it right so at this point im just trying to replace whatever I need to in order to make it work properly

20190324_170652.jpg

His is actually the Telefonica blue model, he has a yellow box that's supposed to di the same as the speedo healer but could never get it right so at this point im just trying to replace whatever I need to in order to make it work properly
Ya will have to prob buy a cluster then. The speedohealer i had worked just fine.

50 kph is 32
60 kph is 37
70 kph is 43
80 kph is 50
90 kph is 57
100 k is 62.5
120 kph is 75
130 kph is 83
140 kph is very fast
150 kph is even fatser
160kph is 100
any thing higher is between you and the judge.
:)
have fun and good luck with the switch over.

Back