Any differences between Canadian & US Busa's?

bazooki

Registered
Other than the odometer/speedometer are there any differences between these two countries bikes? I am looking at buying an 05 blk/silver from a seller here in Canada but it is a US bike and I just want to avoid any surprises aside from the instrumentation.

What country is the Title in, if it's Canada, it has to be OK to have been registered :rulez:

Yeah, it is registered in Ontario but I am just wondering if there are any technical differences between Busa's in Canada and the US?

The ones in Canada are faster.........:laugh:

In my Clymer manual, the wiring has 2 charts - 1 for US, California and Canada and the second one for UK and Europe.
I am saying they are the same.
With working on mine for 3 years now the only difference I have found in the Canadian model other than the speedometer, is that the rear axle nut has slots in it for a cotter pin to stop it coming loose.
The US models don't have that, so I guess we ride so fast up here that the axle nut flys off.....:whistle:

Hey I forgot:

Welcome!

(I used to live in Ottawa)

:welcome:

Last edited:
if it has a valid ONTARIO title all is well :beerchug:
You are not to far from me and a bunch of other Busa Riders.:whistle::whistle:

Other than the odometer/speedometer are there any differences between these two countries bikes? I am looking at buying an 05 blk/silver from a seller here in Canada but it is a US bike and I just want to avoid any surprises aside from the instrumentation.

:welcome:

Nah, ours are faster! Yours should look like this?

007.jpg

Yup, if I go through with the purchase it will look like that....except for the seat and pipes and lowered? So the cotter pin is the only difference then.....all good. I am going to check it out on Tuesday....if I buy then my Gixxer goes on the block!

Back