OMG!!!! I dropped my bike today!!!!!

Welcome to the club. After you fix your bike I would think about some frame sliders. Mine are not to noticeable and and helped save my bike in a parking lot tip over. The only think hurt was my pride and a scrape on the lower side of the engine case. I am thinking Wood Craft.

I think my problem came from deploying the kick stand but the ball of my food pulling it back slightly, I call it size twelve syndrome. After all the difference from staying on the stand and tipping over is rather small, unless you do the kick stand mod. I have noticed the ball of my food hitting the kick stand several times since then. As for plastics I saw some one selling plastics on Ebay for $300 bucks. Just remember you get what you pay for. Glad it didn't land on you. You are harder to fix.

Left side plastic for a red/black 2005 be about the same price? If so I'll have to give you a call myself.

I'm not sure why, but for the Gen 1's, pricing on the plastics varies from year to year and color to color.

2005 Red/Black 94408-24F82-YU7
Retail - $852.39

Org price - $574.99

OK She's in the hospital now. Will get the damage estimate in a day or so. Then see how State Farm handles it.

Unless he somehow managed to light the bike on fire or damaged the frame on the drop, the bike isn't anywhere near totaled

i know, just insurance companys can be funky sometime and find a way to not pay out, and as expensive as the oem plastics are i can see them crawlfishing and giving him a hard time

i know, just insurance companys can be funky sometime and find a way to not pay out, and as expensive as the oem plastics are i can see them crawlfishing and giving him a hard time

This is what I was worried about myself. But after talking to my agent on Monday he said he first of all doubted it would be close and if they tried, he'd go kick some insurance butt for me. He saw the bike when he wrote the policy and he said "Man this is one nice bike"....and we discussed the one year only color. He said he wrote a note that day to make it max value if ever a claim was made.

I'm hoping to continue liking State Farm in this process.

So far so good.

This is what I was worried about myself. But after talking to my agent on Monday he said he first of all doubted it would be close and if they tried, he'd go kick some insurance butt for me. He saw the bike when he wrote the policy and he said "Man this is one nice bike"....and we discussed the one year only color. He said he wrote a note that day to make it max value if ever a claim was made.

I'm hoping to continue liking State Farm in this process.

So far so good.

good, insurance agencies dont ever really care about the value a vehicle has to its owner just the blue book, and they usually go with the lowest amount to try and save themselves money on payout:banghead::banghead:

Kudos to Justin at Honda East. Has all my plastics on the way to me.

I'm starting to feel like this will go away soon.

I did this here in Redding. insurance quoted $1925.. The dealer here wanted $744 for the undercowling on my 06... I found it at RiverRat motorsports in kingman AZ for $580..I was able to buy both sides at that price as previous owner did other side.. so now my 06 is clean, minus a few little scratches on mirror and exh can edge by flange.. I also was able to get aftermarket cans and frame sliders.. and those helped.. as I lost my footing and gently laid it over.. maybe 5-6 little scratches that half can be buffed out.. so thank you frame sliders..:thumbsup:

Dropped mine on the right side, minor damage to the paint. Anyone know a shop that can do the repair in minnesota. 2009 stock white.

Dropped mine on the right side, minor damage to the paint. Anyone know a shop that can do the repair in minnesota. 2009 stock white.

If it isn't Pearl ( I don't know on the Gen II), it shouldn't be too bad. A good shop can blend that in.

Pearl is supposed to be a real biotch to do right in the first place, let along blend to existing.

Can't help you in Minnesota. I think it's against the law to ride there this time of year anyway.

:laugh:

Back