OMG!!!! I dropped my bike today!!!!!

TallTom

Registered
In the garage. In a hurry cuz of rain. Apparently didn't deploy kickstand all the way. Parked my bike about 3,000 times in the past 6 years of owning it.

The sound of it hitting..................

WHOLE LEFT SIDE!!!!

Insurance called already.

I'm gonna need a good score on 03 Copper panels and misc.

So far:
Left can, left lower fairing, nose, left mirror, left Pazzo lever, left Buell peg, rear tail, front fender.

Best place score for OEM plastics etc.

I'm with State Farm so I'm thinking it will go smoothly. It's Sunday so I won't know more til tomorrow.

I want to feel sick, but I know insurance will make this all right again.

Talk me down off the ledge guys!!!!!!

I've gone down this path and it will hurt until your baby gets fixed up. The one thing I've learn from this, always check and double check that the kickstand is all the way out!

As for talking you down the ledge, When my bike fell not only did I damage the left side but my bike fell on the 350Z and damaged her too. Double whammy!!

ahhhh :duh: that crap sucks man. Hope you get her as good as new fast :beerchug:

Im sure you would rather be wet than have this happen again. lesson learned :laugh:

Ouch man...I had to go make sure mine was put down when I read this...but it has a familiar click sound and feel when its all the way out so i always know and am reassured. Man I feel butterflies in my stomach thinking about mine dropping *wipe's sweat* I hope you get her fixed and like the post above everything can be fixed so dont sweat it, have a beer and chalk it up as a lesson learned. :beerchug:

Ouch, sorry for the gravity check. They don't normally ding the tail from a drop? What exhaust is on the bike?

Mine fell in a gravel parking lot Friday. I about cried. The rocks dug into the plastics, broke my clutch master cylinder, and messed up my mirror. I'm footing the bill as I have a high deductible.

Luckily I had installed frame sliders that took the brunt of the fall.

I here you though... It really sucks. :banghead:

Mine fell in a gravel parking lot Friday. I about cried. The rocks dug into the plastics, broke my clutch master cylinder, and messed up my mirror. I'm footing the bill as I have a high deductible.

Luckily I had installed frame sliders that took the brunt of the fall.

I here you though... It really sucks. :banghead:

Which mirror? I"ve got stockers lying around, your wecome to one.

Everyone's worst nightmare for sure. I have a natural "kick it forward" on the kickstand every time I egress. Good luck with the repairs.

The only thing I'm worried about is the availability of 03 Copper plastics. It's a minor tip-over but I don't want to hear OK well we can't make it OEM, cuz we don't have those parts available any longer so.......here's a check.

I'm thinking Suzuki only made so many in the spares run. Its OMG 8 years old now. She still looks brand new....til today.

I hope they have some still out there.

Nothing to get excited about. Most everyone will do this once in their lifetime but few will do it twice.

I did the same thing 2 months a go. In a hurry and didn't put the kick stand down all the way. I have been so sick about it I couldn't post it. I've only told my wife. I was going to ask the same thing about the left plastic. Looks like plasic on the side and clutch cover. This posting has made me feel better!! Thanks for being more of a man than me to post it. I will try Honda East.

i've did this about 3 times in the couple years i've owned my Busa and i'm also so ashamed LOL! my wife proabaly thinks i'm an idiot but she loves me enough not to tell me i guess. the same thing,just dropped it in the building and messed up the clutch lever,fairing, mirror and some of the nose each time it happen and costed $400+ each time and i paid it out of my pocket. i think next time i'll turn it in on my insurance but i was just scared of it cancelling or going up.i'm more carful now when i'm messing with it

I did the same thing 2 months a go. In a hurry and didn't put the kick stand down all the way. I have been so sick about it I couldn't post it. I've only told my wife. I was going to ask the same thing about the left plastic. Looks like plasic on the side and clutch cover. This posting has made me feel better!! Thanks for being more of a man than me to post it. I will try Honda East.

See therapy talking to another that is in the same mindset.

i've did this about 3 times in the couple years i've owned my Busa and i'm also so ashamed LOL! my wife proabaly thinks i'm an idiot but she loves me enough not to tell me i guess. the same thing,just dropped it in the building and messed up the clutch lever,fairing, mirror and some of the nose each time it happen and costed $400+ each time and i paid it out of my pocket. i think next time i'll turn it in on my insurance but i was just scared of it cancelling or going up.i'm more carful now when i'm messing with it

I have looked up parts on Justins site....I stopped at $2000 and had parts still to go.

Plus labor.

OMG this better not total!!!!!

Back