OMG!!!! I dropped my bike today!!!!!

OK TallTom you know the rules, If you drop your bike you must Slap Yourself !!!

SLAP myself...HA.

Dude I am sick over a careless thing like this.

The lucky part is...it fell to the left and missed hitting the 109 parked next to it by about 2 inches.

Talk about a bad day that woulda been!!!!!

Man I feel your pain. I think I have a left side footpeg for you. I run the same footpeg mod and my busa fell on the right side in the trailer, so I replaced the right one out of a set I had. PM your addy and I'll send it to you if you need it.

Man I feel your pain. I think I have a side footpeg for you. I run the same footpeg mod and my busa fell on the right side in the trailer, so I replaced the right one out of a set I had. PM your addy and I'll send it to you if you need it.

PM'd. Man I can't say thanks enough.

happpens to everyone someday , don't sweat it let the insurance take care , thats why you pay them

Ouch, sorry for the gravity check. They don't normally ding the tail from a drop? What exhaust is on the bike?

Stock. And what happened was it fell and hit, left can first, then tail and rolled/slid/drifted/whatever forward. Rashed the tail a little but also cracked it behind the seat. That little bridge piece that holds the split together popped the pins and is one piece, no biggie, but the tail is done for.

In the garage. In a hurry cuz of rain. Apparently didn't deploy kickstand all the way. Parked my bike about 3,000 times in the past 6 years of owning it.

The sound of it hitting..................

I hope you and busa get well soon

Nothing to get excited about. Most everyone will do this once in their lifetime but few will do it twice.

:moon:Mine's fallen 3 times!:laugh: To base the Busa solely on it's kickstand, it's the worst bike I've ever owned:laugh: Still gotta do the kickstand mod:banghead:
Now after locking the bars and in 1st gear, I still push it forward to make sure the slack in the gear is out. The last 2 falls were steering locked, in gear, on flat ground. It sat there for a few minutes, it then rolled forward about an inch with the slack in the gear and bam(it's like it's haunted:laugh:). Fortunately it fell from pavement to grass the last 2 times, and the first at the gas pump scratched the fairing, stator cover, mirror, and broke the long gone stock clutch lever. I've never dropped any other parked streetbike! That kickstand is garbage!!!
Sucks man, don't panic, and don't let them total it!!! If they want to just say no thanks, it's cosmetic damage and you'll keep it that way. Aside from fairings it seems folks here have you covered everywhere else. Good luck:beerchug:

Ouch! Hate to hear that stuff. I've heard and witnessed a buddies 04LE tip over.....it has that crunchy, grinding, thud sound, actually kinda nauseating.

I have free stock exhaust parts available in the 'pay it forward' thread. PM me if ya want 'em. I'll send just the cans if that's all ya need.

There is a guy on craigslist here selling some cans. Let me know and I could go check them out for you and ship if need be. Not sure where but check Denver or fort Collins craigslist. It was like 30$ if I remember right. Also is a guy selling primered plastics for fairly cheap on cl. Let me know if I can help.

sorry to hear about this! however, it can all be fixed with a little time, a little $, and some help from your friends! :beerchug:

I did that same thing with my cbr 600rr, but when it fell over it knocked my neighbors two bikes over. That one cost me quite a bit of money. Talk about a crappy feeling when I had to go tell him what happened. Luckily my bike didn't really get damaged. His Interceptor was quite the cushion, but an expensive cushion.

Back