I Dropped My Bike Today Club - IDMBT#1

First time was coming down my driveway messing with new led lights a couple months after buying the bike (right fairing and exhaust)
Second was in a church parking lot (broke front wheel, bent back wheel and scratched stator cover)
Third it got off balance in my garage all I could do was slow it down (garage was carpeted no damage)
Fourth I was loading it into my truck and got off balance again (scratch left fairing and a fist size dent in my truck)
Fifth I hit a turkey on the Blue Ridge Parkway (never laid it over but knocked out right turn signal and cracked front fairing)

Do I get 5 numbers now???

IDMBT #5 to you!

First time was coming down my driveway messing with new led lights a couple months after buying the bike (right fairing and exhaust)
Second was in a church parking lot (broke front wheel, bent back wheel and scratched stator cover)
Third it got off balance in my garage all I could do was slow it down (garage was carpeted no damage)
Fourth I was loading it into my truck and got off balance again (scratch left fairing and a fist size dent in my truck)
Fifth I hit a turkey on the Blue Ridge Parkway (never laid it over but knocked out right turn signal and cracked front fairing)

Do I get 5 numbers now???

Dropped my Busa while trying to turn around in our driveway and I was way to close to a boat parked there...learned that you shouldn't turn the front wheel while not moving much, crushed my finger and my ego...

Dropped the Busa 2 more times, once while going up a ramp to a shop I have, and once while going down the same ramp...

Had it lowered after those incidents and it's been fine since :D

Last edited:
IDMBT #6 to Vabs!

Dropped my Busa while trying to turn around in our driveway and I was way to close to a boat parked there...learned that you shouldn't turn the front wheel while not moving much, crushed my finger and my ego...

Dropped the Busa 2 more times, once while going up a ramp to a shop I have, and once while going down...

Had it lowered after those incidents and it's been fine since :D

Sir Dropsalot. Did you do it again?

What number are we on? I will claim club member #5. In my garage, but no bike damage. When it went down as I dismounted, I scooted back kind of underneath it and it fell on top of me. A bit of yelling and wifey helped pick it up. Think I permanently damaged a disk in my back though, so that may not have been too smart.

IDMBT #7 to jellyrug

Sir Dropsalot. Did you do it again?

What number are we on? I will claim club member #5. In my garage, but no bike damage. When it went down as I dismounted, I scooted back kind of underneath it and it fell on top of me. A bit of yelling and wifey helped pick it up. Think I permanently damaged a disk in my back though, so that may not have been too smart.

IDMBT application # 9:

In 2008, at the Fall Bash, I was following Omar near Fontana Dam. When Omar got backed up trying to avoid a bike that had gone down, I jumped off Bessie to help, but put the kickstand down in neutral... She slowly rolled forward as I was completely focused on other things. Cosmetic and pride damage only...

IDMBT #9. Application accepted.

For the life of me why don't bikes have a solenoid that locks the kickstand down when the bike is turned off. De-energized extended and energized retract when starting. Maybe a 3/4" throw would do it!

IDMBT application # 9:

In 2008, at the Fall Bash, I was following Omar near Fontana Dam. When Omar got backed up trying to avoid a bike that had gone down, I jumped off Bessie to help, but put the kickstand down in neutral... She slowly rolled forward as I was completely focused on other things. Cosmetic and pride damage only...

IDMBT #9. Application accepted.

For the life of me why don't bikes have a solenoid that locks the kickstand down when the bike is turned off. De-energized extended and energized retract when starting. Maybe a 3/4" throw would do it!

There's your million dollar idea... Make it a bolt-on mod for a handful of popular fitments. :thumbsup:

IDMBT application # 9:

Shawn neglected to mention that his drop was a result of me dropping Violet... I had a bum knee and couldn't hold her up...dropped her and he came to help me.

IDMBT #11. A hero for that gesture he is...an 11 to the man that had a bum knee.

Shawn neglected to mention that his drop was a result of me dropping Violet... I had a bum knee and couldn't hold her up...dropped her and he came to help me.

Maybe at the fall bash as an early Christmas present? I'll have to keep checking whose been naughty and whose been nice....

I think we need t-shirts :whistle:

Who am I kidding, we're all screwed if that is the only criteria:)

Back