Dropped my bike today.

Bruce Bell

Registered
Dropped my bike today, I have to get off to open the garage door. I'm guessing the kick stand wasn't all the way forward. Caught it, but the mirror didn't fair well. Anybody got a stock left side mirror to sell? Not all bang up like mine is now. I'm bumming, it's like getting the first ding on your new car. It's a 06, I'd really appreciate it. The mag casing got scratched but i can repaint that. No fairing damage, thank god. Pulled a muscle in the back trying to save it, that's repairable also.

That is a lot of weight to stop when it is on its way down. I'm not so sure I could stop mine if it was falling, but I would certainly try.

Well at least it's not trashed I would have ran and laid under mine or broke my back picking it up good luck

That Sucks Bro! I dropped my 05 off the ramp trying to unload on sunday night (after eureka springs ride).... stopped midway and fell from 3 feet with me on it...smashed my foot..swelled up like a football...its not a good feeling...I shoulda got help! my dumb stubborn ass! oh-well looks like Ima get some fairings and new paint...uhg...hope your turned out betta than mine!???

I honestly check every time before I go to swing my leg off the bike that it is sturdy leaning on the kickstand... I got off the bike once and the kickstand came back in... SCARY moment... luckily caught it with not damage. So now I am paranoid every time I go to get off it even though that happened many months ago

That Sucks Bro! I dropped my 05 off the ramp trying to unload on sunday night (after eureka springs ride).... stopped midway and fell from 3 feet with me on it...smashed my foot..swelled up like a football...its not a good feeling...I shoulda got help! my dumb stubborn ass! oh-well looks like Ima get some fairings and new paint...uhg...hope your turned out betta than mine!???

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. I hope you heal up quickly.

Re: Dropped my bike today..........first thing I was warned about.

First thing I learned. ***ALWAYS***park the bike pointing uphill or there's a good chance it can roll right off the kickstand.

Yeah, I got my Busa intro from Gpmo, taught me good habits. Turn bike off, lock forks, roll as far forward as it will go in first gear, push stand forward with foot, lean it onto the stand, and then let it settle back. Hasn't steered me wrong yet, and we modded the kickstands a bit last weekend to help with it also.

my vn2000 needs a larger kickstand spring. so each time you dismount, you must check the stand is fully extended.

I learned when the bike started to fall over towards a wall in garage, I caught it just in time.

the bright side is everytime I get off or on any of my bikes, I'm VERY aware of this.

sorry that happened, that stuff can be very frustrating....

Back