I Dropped My Bike Today Club - IDMBT#1

Did anyone see Paul's post on FB? BigBadDodge? I think he needs a number reserved.. :down:

IDMBT #9. Application accepted.

For the life of me why don't bikes have a solenoid that locks the kickstand down when the bike is turned off. De-energized extended and energized retract when starting. Maybe a 3/4" throw would do it!

I still can't figure out why my Harley has such a great kick stand. When it is down, it is locked solid. I mean who cares anyway? And should it fall over, the only thing to be concerned about would be the damage of the pavement. You think a Busa kick stand is bad. Go ride a Husky....

Well here is mine! I have been riding for a long time and have worked at multiple dealerships so I know very well how bikes can go down when you are positive that they are solid! I am always VERY cautious when I sit my bike on the stand and make sure it doesn't roll, etc. When I bought my first busa I had it at the track all lowered and strapped on the front. On perfectly level ground it would sit just fine in gear and I din't have to worry about it. One night I was in the staging lanes and and wanted to get off as there were track problems. I sat it down on the stand, got off, turned around to talk to the guy that pulled up behind me, and I swear a milisecond later it was on it's right side! Talk about a pride buster!!!! Cracked the plastic around the clutch housing too. Never again my friends! Still have tiny scratches on the other piece of plastic too. It reminds me every day to be more careful! :thumbsup:

IDMBT #13 so granted.

Well here is mine! I have been riding for a long time and have worked at multiple dealerships so I know very well how bikes can go down when you are positive that they are solid! I am always VERY cautious when I sit my bike on the stand and make sure it doesn't roll, etc. When I bought my first busa I had it at the track all lowered and strapped on the front. On perfectly level ground it would sit just fine in gear and I din't have to worry about it. One night I was in the staging lanes and and wanted to get off as there were track problems. I sat it down on the stand, got off, turned around to talk to the guy that pulled up behind me, and I swear a milisecond later it was on it's right side! Talk about a pride buster!!!! Cracked the plastic around the clutch housing too. Never again my friends! Still have tiny scratches on the other piece of plastic too. It reminds me every day to be more careful! :thumbsup:

I've had three drops and I can surely describe two. First, I had the bike maybe a week after I bought it pristine with 3k miles condition. I put it in the driveway which slopes down with the kick stand near the edge of the side which also slopes off but much more quickly. The rest is easy to forsee. Bike slides down and falls over but at least it was on the grass. Second time similar scenario only on the other side. Third time I can't recall but I did catch it so I don't think it qualifies. Please let me know what my numbers are so we can celebrate/commiserate properly. Nic

IDMBT #14 for you!

I've had three drops and I can surely describe two. First, I had the bike maybe a week after I bought it pristine with 3k miles condition. I put it in the driveway which slopes down with the kick stand near the edge of the side which also slopes off but much more quickly. The rest is easy to forsee. Bike slides down and falls over but at least it was on the grass. Second time similar scenario only on the other side. Third time I can't recall but I did catch it so I don't think it qualifies. Please let me know what my numbers are so we can celebrate/commiserate properly. Nic

Maybe we should do t-shirts or something. One funny story I heard is the guy who said when he buys a new bike he just takes it out into the parking lot and kicks it over to get that out of the way, i.e., its inevitable that he's going to drop his bike. I know I know, any story that has to be explained isn't all that good. Nic

Back