Omaha 188MPH Busa ticket

Forget all the obvious questions. In these times of finacial hardships, government and law enforcement cutbacks, record jobs lost due to heavily reduced budgets... How in the hell does Bumblef**k, Iowa have a frickin PLANE to catch speeders?!?

Forget all the obvious questions. In these times of finacial hardships, government and law enforcement cutbacks, record jobs lost due to heavily reduced budgets... How in the hell does Bumblef**k, Iowa have a frickin PLANE to catch speeders?!?

:rofl:Where??

If you're a cop, you get much better treatment. ???

DASH-CAM VIDEO: Trooper, Officer Ticketed For Alleged Speeding | NBC4i.com

:cussing:

From what understand there were 3 riders (2 of them were cops, dunno about the third). They were clocked by air and one was doing 147, another was 139. The third they didn't clock the third guy so he never got a ticket. All three were let go, but it took about 8 days for the tickets to show up for the other 2 guys. They never impounded the bike or nothing.

I bet if I was riding a bicycle going 30 in a 25 mph, they would harrang the crap out of me.

The only that I can imagine there is that the plane may have been using some type of infrared camera system that didn't "lose sight" of him. But the whole losing sight for a couple seconds and then finding the right person, then not being able to do anything is more of loop whole then anything else.

Just FYI an IR camera wouldn't be able to track the guy once inside a building, at least not a bldg in the US. I should know, I use airborne IR for recon in the Army. We can see the heat signature great, until its masked, like for example, if a bad guy were track into some thick Iraqi palm groves and lay in the moistened dirt, or hopping out of "suspected" rocket delivery vehicle and duck into a house. Flip side of the coin, anyone in the house gets tossed until the goods are given up.

SAR, Sythetic Aperture Radar, may be give a better idea once inside an obscuration-bldg etc.. but there SARs has not been outfitted on any Cessna's as of yet.

man this sux, i like to open up the busa occassionally on the freeway. Nothin too crazy, but if there isn't any traffic i will open her up a bit. Lately i have been so paranoid after hearing 5 or 6 guys getting busted doing 150+. When i had my gsxr 750 i never thought twice about it, always thought that if they clock me at over 100mph i'm not stoppin. Now that i have the busa and am satisfied with my "need for speed" with sport bike's, i rarely do it anymore. I think cops are looking very closely now at bikes after a few guys get caught doing 150 mph

I'm kinda leary of the 188MPH claim; because of the circumstances, my money says it's a guestimate rather than rock-solid proof (Airplane?). Court will sort out what is real and what is not.....

an airplane could keep up with you with ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM

1. Airplanes can maintain speeds, bikes cannot
2. Airplanes fly in straight lines while the roads we ride on are not always straight
3. Even if the airplane could fly only at 100mph it would be almost impossible to out run it unless you were on a 20miles stretch of completely straight interstate and you were consistently doing 150+

Nice explanation.

Sorry but I have a family to go home to. 89 in a 55 construction zone would have sucked but I'll bet it would have been waaaaaaay less than the fine/possible jail time he's going to get, not to mention the $1200 he's already out.

WOW that makes 2 around here on busa's in the last couple of months the other 1 was also said to be tracked by the trooper plane in Omaha, Ne lead them on a great chase exceeding 154 mph till he ran out of gas.

lol...woohoo! We have a RECORD SETTING SPEED IN MISSOURI!!

Why arent we CELEBRATING!!!:beerchug:

Oh wait.. cause no one on here EVER maxed out their bike.:whistle:

jk i know he shouldnt have been doing that in traffic...

But he would have gotten away with it TOO!! If it werent for those measly kids! And that mangy dog! And the plane...

Last edited:
I think we've all opened it up from time to time, but the disturbing part of this story is the proximity to other traffic. He's been watching too much Ghostrider. I know I've had my moments in the past, but it was always on roads with little to no traffic. Having done my share of 188MPH+ bursts, I would be a hypocrite to condemn him fully, but I can honestly say I've reformed. I road 50 miles today and never did more than 80mph. I'll still hit boost in third gear once in a while when I'm alone on a deserted stretch of road, but my top speed runs are over. There's too much at stake for me as well as those on the road around me.

Back