Ok, yet ANOTHER HID question.....

Big Moe

Registered
I am in the process of installing my Xentec slim HID Kit and I am having trouble with the retainer clip for the low beam creating enough contact to properly secure it in the housing. Did any one else have this problem and what did you do? Thanx!!

Chris

Maybe have to get a plastic washer from Home Depot to make it work?
You sure you've got the bulb in correctly ? Try turning the bulb 180 degrees?

Maybe have to get a plastic washer from Home Depot to make it work?
You sure you've got the bulb in correctly ? Try turning the bulb 180 degrees?

Im sure that I have it turned the right way, but that retainer thingy is getting on my nerves! Its barely touching the back of the bulb. Other than that the install was too easy, Im just at a stand still right now?

Wow, ok! You got any pix?

Lol, no. It's easy: you just fold a sheet over and over until it's about the right thickness, then wedge it in behind the bulb and close the retainer over the top of it. The aluminium foil will still be malleable enough to allow the retainer to press into it and form a good, tight hold.

Lol, no. It's easy: you just fold a sheet over and over until it's about the right thickness, then wedge it in behind the bulb and close the retainer over the top of it. The aluminium foil will still be malleable enough to allow the retainer to press into it and form a good, tight hold.

OK cool, Im headed out to the garage.....foil in hand!!

Something I think has to be wrong for you to be having problems?

Did you remove clip when you did the work or leave it on?
Reason I ask is because initially mine popped out and I could not figure out how to get it to make contact same as you. I fooled with it for a bit and got it back on right to where it pushed on the bulb properly.

Just make sure clip is on right before you 'fix' anything.

I'm remembering now , yes.
When I put clip back in after it popped out I did not have the two feet that clip it in from other side in correct place and when I closed clip it did not push properly onto bulb, same as you.

Again check the clip. My dollar is on it not being in correctly.

Something I think has to be wrong for you to be having problems?

Did you remove clip when you did the work or leave it on?
Reason I ask is because initially mine popped out and I could not figure out how to get it to make contact same as you. I fooled with it for a bit and got it back on right to where it pushed on the bulb properly.

Just make sure clip is on right before you 'fix' anything.

Blanca, IDK which Gen Moe owns, but on my '06 there was no way to get one of the two bulbs (can't remember whether it was high or low beam) to lock in. I had to pack it out with foil/a washer/whatever.

Ok well, tried the foil trick like Rainbow7 and it worked! Very snug fit and now shes put back together!! Lovin the HIDs so far, now gotta get her out for a ride!

foil.jpg

Blanca, IDK which Gen Moe owns, but on my '06 there was no way to get one of the two bulbs (can't remember whether it was high or low beam) to lock in. I had to pack it out with foil/a washer/whatever.

Oh and i own a GEN I and it was the low beam.

Nice bit of information. Think it was something specific to the new socket, or kit?

Nice bit of information. Think it was something specific to the new socket, or kit?

The low beam HID bulb where it connects to the wires was alot slimmer than the OEM bulb. So you have to use some type of filler like washers or folded foil to take up the space in between the clip and the bulb, to keep it seated. The foil tip I got from Rainbow7 worked perfectly for me! The bulb is in there snug and I didnt have to leave the house to go and purchase anything!

only problem is that may throw the alignment of the bulb off, and start to blind people. just saying, triple check that it's seated correctly before using solutions like this

only problem is that may throw the alignment of the bulb off, and start to blind people. just saying, triple check that it's seated correctly before using solutions like this

The installation was done at 12:05 am and checked more than three times! And since you say "using solutions like this" do you have a better idea? And if so lets hear it and why you didnt mention it earlier?

Back