Ok Geniuses I have to lower this 1000-Advice

Lycan

Emerging from slumber...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so it's NOT a Busa (trust me I tried:whistle:)

BUT, Now I have to lower this 08 1000 for the wifey, so, all you

Suspension Gurus
Modification Gurus
Sponsors

Oh savvy Veterans of the Org, I have often relied on your guidance, expertise and input for major decision. OBVIOUSLY, I want to make sure that this gets done right and will not compromise my wife's Safety. OK, so you will say "yeah but Angel, lowering a bike 2 inches compromises it anyways" yeah we all know that Captain obvious, BUT, it has to be done...so here ya go on THAT:moon:

So without further ado, what do we do and what is better...

Dog Bones & Lower forks

Cut shocks and springs ( more money yeah I know)

Rhonda's just at 5ft 1", I tried the whole set up boards and see where she feels ok, once I measured that roughly puts it at 2" lowered.

I'm sure this thread my deriorate into..well who knows, but thats ok as long as I get some GOOD advice form the peeps I trust...so let's commence shall we?

:thumbsup::whistle:

Last edited:
Hey Brendan I see you up there..did you forget to send me some INFO:poke::whistle:

Dog bones, and let the forks slide north :thumbsup:

Thats what I was thinking, I just want to make sure that its going to be appropriate since the spring and shock thing is also preferred by some...

desperate times call for desperate measures.. and I wanted to ride the bike NOW!

You dont need to put some hi po rear shock in angel. unless she is some serious racer. I know you can do this job by yourself man. Bring it to the bash. you'll get it done

My Tobin did not help me touch the ground any easier....it is about the same as it was before the Tobin. Lycan...my suggestion is to stretch her legs...Sometimes you have to do that with Ewoks...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:Now THATS funny..:rofl::rofl:

toss some adjustable dog bones and lower the forks. Just try and keep the overall geometrey the same as best you can.

the other option would be to make sure she always wear platform boots. How the stretch to the handle bars? Does she have short arms too? :laugh:

toss some adjustable dog bones and lower the forks. Just try and keep the overall geometrey the same as best you can.

the other option would be to make sure she always wear platform boots. How the stretch to the handle bars? Does she have short arms too? :laugh:

No shes not like mutant or anything:laugh: everything else is GTG, range and movement on the pegs and shifter, Handlebars etc it's just the height to ground cause she's 5ft 1 is all

Here brendan...how ya like me now bro..just for you

DSCN0291.jpg

Having that, you are very worthy of enjoying one of my Cubans at the bash.. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Thank you brutha! Now I know who else can enjoy them should I get my hands on some Cubans myself...not that I would cause theyre illegal and stuff:whistle::whistle::laugh::laugh:

:bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
Back