Need lowering Advice

The reason I want to go with just lowering straps in the front for track use is that I was wondering if it were a simple fix for wheelie control.
As some people here know, an out of control wheelie is one of my biggest concerns when it comes to drag racing.  Well, that and keeping my butt in the seat all the way down the track  
biggrin.gif

The advice I have been given by nearly everybody who knows I'm heading to the track in the spring is to strap the front end, no doubt.  Simple tie downs.  Easy on and easy off.

Hope my .02 helps.  
wink.gif

Kris

grabntwist,

No prob man, I know how you feel!

I tried just strapping the front a couple times and it wasn't to bad.  Just make sure it doesn't bind up with the throttle cable bracket/loop on the right side of the frame when you strap it down.  Either remove the cable loop or be careful when you yank the front down.  

With it strapped, your steering speed is slowed down quite a bit so watch it if you launch "wrong".  It can cause you to wreck if you aren't careful because it can give you a funny tank slap affect if something does goes wrong.  

If you launch smooth, everything is normal and you should be fine.  I just wanted you to know  what the worse case scenario feels like in case it gets ugly.  

As far as performance increase, depending on your 60' you could see up to 2 tenths reduction in ET. Maybe more if your launch control/330' is better. I haven't seen you ride so I am only guessing. Good luck!

Josh
blues.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1074652817 -->

Thanks man, Im in the 80's w/ stock height and w'base, wish to be in the 50's w/ straps. As far as my ridin' buds are concerned, thats cheatin'. But I don't care...

Back