Oil Test Results From Blackstone Lab

On what grounds? One of the best oil filters available! Besides the K & N spoken about above is an air filter. Silica is sand and the K&N air filter is not bad just doesnt stop small particulates, that is why they make a filter sock. The sock stops the smaller particulates like sand dust.

As I said their oil filters are garbage. Personal experience talking.
K&N air filters are garbage also.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/debunking-the-k-n-myth-why-oem-is-better-t180100.html

Every independent test has similar results.

When I get a car in that has a drivability issue one of the first things I check is the air filter. If it has a K&N, inevitably the mass airflow sensor and intake tract is caked with dirt and the cause of the poor drivability. It's extremely rare that I find a dirt caked maf with a paper filter.

K&N air filters are garbage also.

http://forums.nicoclub.com/debunking-the-k-n-myth-why-oem-is-better-t180100.html

Every independent test has similar results.

When I get a car in that has a drivability issue one of the first things I check is the air filter. If it has a K&N, inevitably the mass airflow sensor and intake tract is caked with dirt and the cause of the poor drivability. It's extremely rare that I find a dirt caked maf with a paper filter.
Might be why this stuff exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the nearly 70,000 miles using a K&N oil filter with a perfectly running motor
As I said their oil filters are garbage. Personal experience talking.

In nearly 70,000 Busa miles the K&N oil filters have served me well. That's my experience.

I have run K&N for almost 40 years, air filters on everything, cars, trucks, sand drag bikes, speedway bikes, street bikes, quads, side x sides and their oil filters on my Harley's except my 59 and only 1 failure. That failure was a 2005 Dodge ram 3500 with a 5.9 Cummins diesel . I installed with their cold air kit and ask your mom the rubber boot on the air filter started to tear because of the weight. I took it to K & N in Riverside California and they replaced it instantly. A great product that's made in the USA with the great history copied by others, and I will continue to support them!

Back