Oil cooler lines touching exhasut

Exact same as yours hell they even look the same

Yeah i went and had my bike loweed in the rear 2 inches. I left my camera at work. Im tellin you man the bike looks sick with the rear sets powder coated and an LE arm. I did have one prob though. The interlocking tabs on teh main farings where they come togethter under the bike have melted. I didnt tape the tabs and they melted off. Other than that i havent had any heat issues with the bike.

no that happed from the header pipes where they come together under teh oil pan

Heres what i had before
post-11-09762-imag0001.jpg

and heres what i have now after the powder coating

IMAG0144.JPG

from the angle my competitors will see most

IMAG0145.JPG

from the angle chicks will see as i approach

IMAG0143.JPG

Good grief fellas!

4 pages on this BDE pipe. I gots and idea for ya...

Go buy a REAL pipe... Like one that installs good, makes more power, is louder, and looks a helluva lot better than that puny thang. One like this:

25_May_04_005.jpg

Yup that's right, no bending stock shid on the bike to get this exhaust to fit. I hear dem akras fit right up nice too...

Hey guys, I am completely fuggin w/ya by the way...
laugh.gif

I hope one of ya reads this post before you start rantin away about my 2 above this one, but if not, at least it will be funny!
Good luck!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey i just finished cleaing the mold off my bike and i installed a BDE full system One of the header pipes touches the oil cooler is that cool?  Its tounching the metal part. I tried bending the oil cooler line but that was a no go
him,

I didn't read all the posts yet, and maybe this is a repeat of what someone else has offered. The lines should not touch your headers. When I installed my full Micron exhaust, it came with a 1/2" spacer that seated the line perfectly and away from the header.

I was told that BDEs had the problem with touching the lines i was just having trouble bending mine

Fever,

What kind of pipe is that a big bird? Does it make more or as much power. I also not a high mount fan myselft

It the HMF dual highmounts
nice pipe but also not the easiest to install but once everything is ligned up it shouldnt touch but heat tape should be used in places from what ive read about it

I was told that BDEs had the problem with touching the lines i was just having trouble bending mine

Fever,

What kind of pipe is that a big bird?  Does it make more or as much power.  I also not a high mount fan myselft
The big bird is HMFs answer to the BDE pipe. Single pipe, large diameter pipe, with a short can on it. Everyone that has heard one swears it is THE best sounding can for the busa. Ask MSF, he has one. It makes outstanding power, just like the duals and the BDE. I would think that the BDE is a couple of pounds lighter than the BB though, as the BB is not titanium. You can get it in Aluminum and CF cans. Headers are SS, not titanium at all. I have read that the BB makes better power over the powerband than the BDE and very close to the same peak as the BDE. The 2 pipes really are neck in neck from what I read.

Johnnycheese uses the BB and loves it. I think that I read that he gets a tad more power out of the BB than out of brocks pipe, but don't quote me, its been a while since I was researching it.

Back