Oil cooler lines touching exhasut

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Hey i just finished cleaing the mold off my bike and i installed a BDE full system One of the header pipes touches the oil cooler is that cool? Its tounching the metal part. I tried bending the oil cooler line but that was a no go

wait till you try the putting on all the plastic.......oh and better get some heat resistant tape!!! DON'T forget the shims on the little bottle piece of plastic
Personally I think the pipe/exhaust is.....
1) Not the easiest to put on
2) I have had to bend the oil cooler lines as much as possible and:
3) start shimming the bottom fairing cause you are sure to MELT that bad boy

Maybe, just maybe I installed the system wrong and please don't get me wrong the power and accelaration gains is great but the install IMO sucks. Also watch your two right side exhaust and tell me if their turning a bit "Bluer" then the left side. Just being a bit buzzed and honest

It should not touch. The fix is to space the lower oil cooler support out from the block (the one that runs between the middle two header pipes from the oil cooler to the block) until you get some clearance. You don't need much, about an eighth of an inch is good, as I recall.

Here is what I did. I took the oil cooler support bolts out of the block and got some a little longer. I took some washers and stuck 'em together using red loc-tite. I used these as spacers to shim the support out from the block.

So im supposed to replace the bracket holding it on. With the washer do i just put a larger garmount there?

Painless is right about the heat tape on the plastic. I got some of the kind that comes in sheets - the kind I used to put on my atv. It works great. You can cut it into any shape easily with a scissors, and it has a sticky backing that allows it to be placed anywhere inside the fairing.

My plastic is all off right now. Give me a little time and I'll get you some pics.

Heat tape on the plastic...

Heat_Tape_2.jpg

on the clutch lever side i loosened the 2 allen bolts on the oil line and turned it slightly and it cleared, on the throttle side i did the same and had to bend the oil line abit to get it to clear

DO NOT leave the oil cooler line touching the header. It will eventually rub a hole in the oil line.

put a channel lock plier on the line and you can twist it away from the oil cooler. all it needs is a 1/32- 1/16th of an inch.

Its supposed to be nice tomorrow so ill see what i can come up with thanks

I bent the oil cooler line so it isnt touching the exhaust. I also put the tape on my plastics. Would it be safe to put some of the heat shield wrap around the oil cooler line close to the header?

Yeah your local parts store should have it. its called header tape. cost bout 2 bucks a pack. I did the whole bottem of my plastics off 1 and 1/2 packs

Johnnycheese used to warn about this happening with brocks pipe. It is the only bad thing I have heard about the BDE Gen 3 system, other than it's too quiet for some.

Back