Oil cooler lines touching exhasut

I bent the oil cooler line so it isnt touching the exhaust. I also put the tape on my plastics. Would it be safe to put some of the heat shield wrap around the oil cooler line close to the header?
i didn't put any heat tape around my cooler lines and have been this way for about 2000 mi with no problems.

Johnnycheese used to warn about this happening with brocks pipe.  It is the only bad thing I have heard about the BDE Gen 3 system, other than it's too quiet for some.
Its also in the install instructions that you have to bend the oil cooler line, its alittle tough at first but it will bend slightly

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109159733 -->

Its a great pipe and the gains are worth bending i just dont want it to bend back

Zooky - motorcycle shops, especially if they also sell ATVs and or dirt bikes....

Also could check on-line....

just got my plastic back on glad i put the tape on the plastic. Damn pipe touches the plastic where the rear wing meats the rest of the body
mad.gif

the mid pipe?
if so then its not rotated properly
it shouldnt touch anywhere

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109387786 -->

Its the part that runs diagnaly under the bike by the oil pany. Its so close i cant screw the right screw that holds the wing on in all teh way

I don't think that the exhast is going to work for you ! You should send it to me
biggrin.gif
!

It doesnt sound like something is completely seated
did you spray wd-40 at the connections to help slide the pipes together easier?

NO i didnt i bout used pipes so they have scratches where they install at. I pushed them all teh way down to the end of the scratches but ill go and spray some PJ and try to slide it on further

also if the top of the header spigots isnt fully seated it would cause the bottom of the header to point slight up

Hey i just finished checking it everything is on great but the pipe is touching the wing. The header tape is saving it but its turning black

ill go back out and try turning the pipe

Hey it worked...and the pipe rotated very easily. Thanks. I know this is off topic but you should powdercoat your rear sets. I have pics of mine i can show you when i find my camera

Great!!! glad you got it right
what year and color is your bike? what color did you powder coat them?

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1109430973 -->

Back