BDE Gen 3 Installation

btreaves

Registered
I installed my new BDE Gen 3 exhaust system over the weekend and everything looks great. The only problem I'm having is bending the oil cooler line away from header pipe #1 (clutch side). I'm guessing that you're suppose to bend it down correct? I am concerned that I may crack the line so I haven't bent it yet. Can anyone give me any advice on how & where to bend it? The instructions are kinda vague and I don't wanna screw it up...Right now the metal part of the oil line is up against the header pipe.

Thanks!

Support the cooler (very important!), and push the line with your right hand.. I found it stubborn, probably because a) I didn't want to be too agressive, and b) I'm weak!. If I remember correctly, 1/16" gap is all that's required.

yes be careful this is why I don't like this pipe also the #4 header will sometime rest on the oil pipe use heat deflection matireal

whatever you do, DO NOT use the oil cooler as something to pry on.... I thought about it and bumped it with a channel lock and poked a hole in it.

I did mine with a channel lock squeezing lengthwise on the line and twisting it.

I had a clearance issue with my Muzzy pipe too and I carefully applied pressure on the line coming out of the oil cooler until I had enough clearance to make me happy - steady even pressure just using my hands and it worked great.

You might also PM Bullet Train - he has the Gen 3 and he documented his install on the board and he talked about bending the oil line for clearance.

Kent

Back