oil changing

XBAJBUSX

Registered
hey im new here i was just woundering is there an easy way to change oil on hayabusa with out taking the fairing off and if you have to which side do you take off ?

Brake-side fairing must be removed.

*EDIT*
That's if you want to change the filter. You don't have to remove any fairing to only change the oil.

The manual gives you a chance to change oil without changing the filter. Personally I don't do it. It only takes minutes once you do it a time or two. It's easy removing the right fairing.

Just did mine last night.

One push pin under the nose, the one closest to the rad of course, one pull pin near the top of the tank, and a number of allen screws. Make sure you get the ones underneath. It's probably a necessity ; remove the two screws keeping the tank down so you can lift it enough to pull the rubber pin up and away near the tank attached to the inner. It's real easy. I did it.

What they said.
wink.gif

Used my redline stands last night to gain clearance. Had to cover my pipes for removing the filter for the first time. The jury is still out.
all_coholic.gif

First time removing the right faring takes forever. Just take your time and you'll get the hang of it. BTW--buy some extra of those little black "push pins". I always seem to loose them or wreck them so they can't be reused. They are the biggest pain of the whole process. Also, I never change the oil without also changing the filter. Just seems to make sense to me.

(hottrodd7 @ Jun. 12 2007,03:44) First time removing the right faring takes forever.  Just take your time and you'll get the hang of it.  BTW--buy some extra of those little black "push pins".  I always seem to loose them or wreck them so they can't be reused.  They are the biggest pain of the whole process.  Also, I never change the oil without also changing the filter.  Just seems to make sense to me.
Where can you buy the push-pins for the fairings?

Most likely the dealer on the pins.

Someone mentioned before about mask taping the exposed edges of the nose fairing when reinstalling the right side fairing. Glad I did, I probably would of scratched it when I had a hard time aliening the tabs.

OK, my question because I didn't do this, what is the best way to get that damn filter off?

I use channel locks if I can't do it by hand, and yes I hand tighten my filter.

On the push pins there was a thread not long ago. Take them to home depot or lowes or an auto parts store and get them cheap. I wrote the cheapest place down and stuck it in my mailbox at work. Just remember, you only have to push the pin in about an 1/8 of an inch to release it, then have the same amount sticking out when reinserting it.
beerchug.gif

I've never removed the fairing to change the oil and filter. I do remove almost all the holders and simply prop the fairing edge on the right side with a piece of wood. Works just fine.

(CBXRider @ Jun. 12 2007,06:59) I've never removed the fairing to change the oil and filter.  I do remove almost all the holders and simply prop the fairing edge on the right side with a piece of wood.  Works just fine.
I thought about doing it that way, next time. Glad it worked for you.
My last two oil changes were also part changes too so off came both fairings.

(Over_Easy @ Jun. 12 2007,12:01)
(hottrodd7 @ Jun. 12 2007,03:44) First time removing the right faring takes forever. Just take your time and you'll get the hang of it. BTW--buy some extra of those little black "push pins". I always seem to loose them or wreck them so they can't be reused. They are the biggest pain of the whole process. Also, I never change the oil without also changing the filter. Just seems to make sense to me.
Where can you buy the push-pins for the fairings?
I don't know if it was a typo, but I had Nissian Push Pop do-it-yourself 8 for $3.99. Going to look for thread now.

(CBXRider @ Jun. 12 2007,12:59) I've never removed the fairing to change the oil and filter.  I do remove almost all the holders and simply prop the fairing edge on the right side with a piece of wood.  Works just fine.
+1 that works. It is also very easy to remove the filters if they are k&n. Dealer gives me a great deal but I buy 10 at a time. He keeps a couple for stock.

Can't wait for the 7500, and we go through the changing plugs thread. Frankenstein bolts are the funniest threads though. Those bastids got me too.
laugh.gif

don't be afraid to do a little yanking on the fairing....

if you're changing filters lay a good amount of aluminium foil over your headers to prevent them from getting oiled.

Back