2015 Hayabusa Oil Change

Lewis

Registered
I've found a lot of "Oil Change" topics on this forum, but nothing recent that answers my question.

I have a 2015 Hayabusa that I purchased brand new in November of 2016. It is now time for the first oil change. I have read a lot of posts mentioning that you have to take off the entire right hand side plastic to get to the oil filter. Other posts state that you don't have to take the plastic entirely off, however none of these posts provide any clear detailed instructions, pics and/or video.

My question is... whats's the simplest way to change the oil and filter on a 2015 Hayabusa?

Unbolt bottom of fairings, and bolts on throttle side fairing.
Some fairings have more flex than others.
Sometimes you can pull the fairing back enough to reach the filter.
Sometimes you have to remove the right side fairing.
I've seen gen2s with very flexible stock fairings, and others that were very rigid.
Plan on taking the right fairing off, but you may get lucky and not have to.

If your doing the first oil change you will have to remove the fairing. Suzuki puts the oil filter on with a impact (not really but it is on there good). Plus you will want to check bolts and fasteners. Personally I have never had any luck trying to leave the fairing on.

Just take your time, keep track of all of your push pins, after you do it once it's a piece of cake.

Not a bad idea to let the dealer do the first one. Just to look things over and make sue no obvious issues. I have done all since the first one myself.

Not a bad idea to let the dealer do the first one. Just to look things over and make sue no obvious issues. I have done all since the first one myself.
You mean let someone else loose with my favorite lady???? Uughh, I would have sleepless nights and the marriage may just end up in a divorce!!!:bounce::D;)

Reactions: Zee
Me too, my bike has only been back to dealer one time in the 7 years I have owned her. That trip resulted in major hassle that left me stranded on the highway, needed a new rear rotating assembly, including a new rear wheel. I don't go to the dealer for anything unless I absolutely have too. And boys and girls, the wheel only is 1k at dealer price.

I found lifting the tank very helpful with removing and re installing the RHS fairing (esp the upper bit)

If you know what you are doing, absolutely! When I started with my Bandit I really loved working on bikes but my ambition regularly exceeded my skill! With the Busa I take the bike to a trusted shop every couple of years just to get a second pair of eyes for the first couple years. Now I can do most maintenance quicker than the shops. It's great and fun to do things yourself, but just like riding take it slow and be careful.

BTW: Skydiver, I would be glad to pack your chute for you!

Yes, be very careful to lift not pull, or you will break that pin. Bought my 2008 last October, first Busa, and was being very careful with that section of the panel, only to find out that whoever did the previous services wasn't aware of that pin and broke, not only right side but the left side also. Its not hard to break it, it's plastic.

Back