Ohlins vs New valves and forks?

I'm going for a ride tomorrow, what torque setting do you recommend for the lower triple clamp, and just don't tell me to go "set the sag" jeeze....

A guy running your pace need not tighten them at all. Hey brother you set that one up!

...another thing is the clamp torque spec is very low for Ohlins. No problems yet but I was pretty concerned about wheelies at first. Don't tighten Ohlins more that they spec. CRUNCH. The top clamp spec is normal but the lower is like 7' lbs.

Hey I made a mistake , Mythos was correct , for FGRT208 the bottom Busa clamp is torqued to 10 NM or 7'lb... , my mate torqued up the legs for me at the time cos my wrench is missing ... Sorry for any crap caused by my misinformation !!! :banghead:

Breaker bar? Fallenarch said finger tight. One of you doesn't know what you are talking about...

OK but I still say Kml doesn't need to tighten his forks up at all. Lol!
May I suggest a man of you ample expanse invest in a set of quadruple clamps.

Ok it's me. I don't know what I'm talking about. But you didn't have to point it out in front of everyone did you?

When you said expanse you were talking mentally right?

OK but I still say Kml doesn't need to tighten his forks up at all. Lol!

Ok it's me. I don't know what I'm talking about. But you didn't have to point it out in front of everyone did you?

When you said expanse you were talking mentally right?

I thought it was me
Breaker bar? Fallenarch said finger tight. One of you doesn't know what you are talking about...

Yeah, Arch has to be wrong.
Because, if you use the breaker bar, you can get as many extra turns on the bolts as you want.
They'll even get loose again without turning them the other way.

I thought it was me

Yeah, Arch has to be wrong.
Because, if you use the breaker bar, you can get as many extra turns on the bolts as you want.
They'll even get loose again without turning them the other way.

WOW... a man of your advanced mechanical knowledge could only have received his training at an Walmart Automotive center. Why are the rims on my car always so loose when I have tires installed at Walmart.... ?

I'm curious as to why you would install heavier springs then add more oil to increase resistance? If your spring rate is proper you would have no need for reduced air space within the tube, no? :dunno:

just saw this :) the stock busa springs are way too soft , being 210 lbs, the tuning expert worked his magic

Back