Ohlins rear shock and fork cartridge

masterblaster

Registered
Am pretty sure Ohlins makes a rear shock for the Busa, how many running them and what is the diff between that and stock? Am also interested if Ohlins has a fork cartridge out there for the Busa and how much of an improvement? Have Ohlins on my Harley, night and day improvement, modern sport bikes are way more advanced stock though and wondering if the improvement is worth the $.

not sure myself but depending on what your doing the stock shock and fork may work good with the proper set up...

Problem is that most stock setups are for the Avg 185 pound rider; so many who ride busas that I know have to get them resprung. I run Ohlins forks and rear shock and it is a completely different bike! More feel for the road and better adjustment possibilities. On the forks, you are right, simply re springing the forks works very well- springs and valves from race tech are extremely popular-
The biggest difference for me on the rear is the preload adjuster. Convenience of adjustment for a passenger is off the charts!

Just my .02

The reality of the suspension game is: If you do not have a race number you most likely have no "Need" for spending big bucks on your suspension. You can buy the most expensive Ohlins suspension available and it won't improve your ride in any way shape or form.

If you are a beginning racer, you most likely still don't "Need" anything more than stock suspension unless you are a heavy weight. Your stock suspension works excecptionally well for street use. My friend GregBob romps the a$$ off his Gen I busa on the track. Greg weighs in at 210 in leathers with bone stock suspension. Greg put his money where it mattered most, the rider and not the suspension.

There is no magical suspension that will improve your skills. As Matt Mladin says "Spend your money where it matters most, on the idiot behind the bars"! I say "Improve your skills to the point you really NEED upgraded suspension"!

Was just looking for a smoother ride, no need for performance improvements, I live in Fla and the only turns we have are ramps on the straight highways.

The reality of the suspension game is: If you do not have a race number you most likely have no "Need" for spending big bucks on your suspension. You can buy the most expensive Ohlins suspension available and it won't improve your ride in any way shape or form.

If you are a beginning racer, you most likely still don't "Need" anything more than stock suspension unless you are a heavy weight. Your stock suspension works excecptionally well for street use. My friend GregBob romps the a$$ off his Gen I busa on the track. Greg weighs in at 210 in leathers with bone stock suspension. Greg put his money where it mattered most, the rider and not the suspension.

There is no magical suspension that will improve your skills. As Matt Mladin says "Spend your money where it matters most, on the idiot behind the bars"! I say "Improve your skills to the point you really NEED upgraded suspension"!

Was just looking for a smoother ride, no need for performance improvements, I live in Fla and the only turns we have are ramps on the straight highways.

id say try setting it up....sag,rebound,comp, if you know a good suspension shop and they know what there doing you will be more then happy with the stock suspension for the riding you are doing and it shouldent cost know more then 50 dollars... no doubt that Ohlins is top notch butit will cost you..

Tufbusa is spot on with his insight, can't go wrong with suggestion above by squale147. Had the same goal as you and I paid my local bike shop $35 to set-up my bike's suspension for my weight/riding preferences. Night-and day change and very easily the BEST MOD I have done to date.

You can't buy a smoother ride than what your busa comes stock with. It's designed for a smooth ride. However, your suspension should be adjusted for an exceptional smooth ride!

I'm running ohlins front and rear. I did the setup for the track, not for the street. I couldn't justify the $$$ for a street only bike.

Back