Oh my Lord

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well I have pretty much babied my new bike for the last couple of weeks. My middle son wanted to take a ride when we got home this evening so we went out and filled up with premium. I need to get used that, any way we didnt go far but I got into the throttle a little bit and this bike is smooth. She is a beast climbing above 6k and there seems to be no delay whatsoever in torque and power at any rpm range. I have been riding a Gen I for 4 years. Sorry guys, I can definitely tell a difference and now understand why UncleSteve was able to walk all over me with my other bike. I also notice there is a false neutral between 5th and 6th, you really need to be firm with the last shift. I love this bike. :cheerleader: I am still breaking her in so I didnt want to get stupid with the throttle or rpm range, just wanted to feel her out a little bit today. These machines continue to amaze me over and over again.

They are a fun time for sure. Hey, I just noticed you still have the GEN 1 for sale in your sig...

I lowered my shift lever just a little to help with that false neutral ( like an 8th of an inch) and haven't had that problem any more. welcome to the gen 2.

glad you are liking your new ride and hope you can sell poor Bessie soon :beerchug:

I lowered my shift lever just a little to help with that false neutral ( like an 8th of an inch) and haven't had that problem any more. welcome to the gen 2.

I will try that, thank you sir.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I put my Buell pegs on and lowered the shift lever and every shift is right in the money !!:thumbsup:

They are a fun time for sure. Hey, I just noticed you still have the GEN 1 for sale in your sig...

I was going to keep her, but I decided I would leave her for sale at 6500. If I get my price I will sell, otherwise she stays here. :beerchug:

I moved my shifter down simply to facilitate quicker shifts.
With it down a bit I barely have to move/lift my foot for downshifts and upshifts are super quick.
Your bike is also a tad bit quicker than all others due to color as well don't forget that :laugh:

I moved my shifter down simply to facilitate quicker shifts.
With it down a bit I barely have to move/lift my foot for downshifts and upshifts are super quick.
Your bike is also a tad bit quicker than all others due to color as well don't forget that :laugh:

LOL, I will move my shifter. Agreed on the color! :bowdown:

A good oil change also seems to help the shifter issue.

The mid 4000 rpm vibration was very bad on my gen 2,compared to the 1st gen. Happy to say it went away for the most part, with miles ridden(5000 or so)Much more than my 02 did,still vibrates more than I would like.
The trans will slightly loosen as well. It is miles above the gen 1,yes?.... buttery smooth!:bowdown:
You are right on about the 5-6 gear shift.I know I am getting tired toward the end of a long ride when I start hanging up that shift on either gen bike.
Needs a firm shift even with the lever adjusted.

The power difference is obvious as well as the bike's bigger size,Tours a bit better than the gen 1 as a result.:cheerleader:

Enjoy, safe riding:beerchug:

glad you're enjoying the new bike... I never did get a chance to ride a gen 1, but I love my gen 2...

And I have never had a problem with the false neutral thing from 5-6... It must vary from bike to bike... I have noticed a couple funny little quirks, though... on mine, it occasionally gets stuck in neutral, and doesnt want to go back down to 1st... Not sure if this was on the gen 1 as well, but if you run into it, just let go of the clutch and pull it once or twice and it will work just fine... Also, I have noticed that if I get lazy on downshifting when coming to a stop, and try to shift down from 3rd to 2nd at a low speed, it will hang up... Not quite a false neutral, but the dash will show neutral (or go blank, cant remember) and it wont shift down... Just let out the clutch for a second and it will grab and pop right into place... Not sure whats goin on there, or if its a gen 1 issue as well, but its there...

glad you're enjoying the new bike... I never did get a chance to ride a gen 1, but I love my gen 2...

And I have never had a problem with the false neutral thing from 5-6... It must vary from bike to bike... I have noticed a couple funny little quirks, though... on mine, it occasionally gets stuck in neutral, and doesnt want to go back down to 1st... Not sure if this was on the gen 1 as well, but if you run into it, just let go of the clutch and pull it once or twice and it will work just fine... Also, I have noticed that if I get lazy on downshifting when coming to a stop, and try to shift down from 3rd to 2nd at a low speed, it will hang up... Not quite a false neutral, but the dash will show neutral (or go blank, cant remember) and it wont shift down... Just let out the clutch for a second and it will grab and pop right into place... Not sure whats goin on there, or if its a gen 1 issue as well, but its there...

It did that once to me yesterday when I was stopped at a light. Wouldnt go into first.

Back