Bikes suddenly not running well

nitro71455

Registered
Hey Fellow BUSA riders.

I'm pretty picky about how my bike runs and yesterday I just noticed it seemed as tho I was hitting some lean spots (a bit laggy, not pulling smoothly through the entire RPM rang a WOT). It's about 95% up until 6k then it hits pockets were it looses a little power.

I'm wondering if I got some bad fuel, I only run non Eth fuel (pure gas). Have any of you experienced this? Do I need to possibly clean my fuel pump screen? I'll drain the fuel when get home tonight and pull the pump.... Any other suggestions of what it may be?

Thanks guys

On another note, I've also noticed a slight whine coming from the pump after I've been riding it for 20 minutes or so.

fuel filter could be clogged making the fuel pump work harder trying to deliver fuel fast enough.
The plugs used in Gen 2 and other newer GSXR's etc are prone to failing without warning which starts to show as high load / rpm misfires....dig my head in for weeks on my old Bking.

Just replaced my plugs about 2k ago. Is the fuel filter you speak of the pump screen or is there an actual "Filter"?

Just replaced my plugs about 2k ago. Is the fuel filter you speak of the pump screen or is there an actual "Filter"?

the plastic housing the fuel pump is in is actually a filter,,non cleanable,,new one is over $250
the is a fuel filter bypass mod on here somewhere. Chances are the pump is just wore out,,have replaced 2 in the last 2 months on 2 different gen2s.

Tore the pump apart flushed the gas out of the tank, cleaned the pump reassimbled. Test ride in the morning.

2008 just turned 13k?? I will tell you what's wrong with it,,,you let it sit around too much.... My 2008 busa has 52k and i never had a problem with it...
It's not good to let any engine sit around like that..

That was helpful, thank you!

Bosch pump didn't correct the issue. It also wasn't really a direct fit minus the power connector. I still had some power loss in the 9 to 10k range but it was harder to detect. The wideband was showing I was a bit lean still as well and adding fuel didn't change anything. Relaced with a factory Suzuki pump and problem is solved, runs like a dream again.

Got to say not really impressed with having to replace a fuel pump after 13000 miles. Glad you got it sorted out.

BB

Back