At What RPM Does "Oh My God Mode" Begin

Thanks, ddd269. There are definitely strong opinions here. Risk taking within limits is OK. Operational Risk Management, to borrow from my military training! YIKES! I've ridden bicycles, ridden bulls, flown airplanes, etc. but always knew the risks and accepted them.

The weekday commute via (any) motorcycle, for me here in this part of Florida, is not worth the risk it presents because of the overwhelming amount of drivers who are disrespectful of motorcyclists (in my opinion.)

Early rides on the Busa each weekend morning have been treats I look forward to all week.

The weekday commute via (any) motorcycle, for me here in this part of Florida, is not worth the risk it presents because of the overwhelming amount of drivers who are disrespectful of motorcyclists (in my opinion.)
Yup, it's the same here in Dallas. Actually, they're no different with any motorist, it's just the consequences are higher when I ride my bike. They'll literally kill you to save themselves 15 seconds on the commute home from work and not feel a bit bad about it either. I pretty much only ride Saturday and Sunday mornings now.

Yup, it's the same here in Dallas. Actually, they're no different with any motorist, it's just the consequences are higher when I ride my bike. They'll literally kill you to save themselves 15 seconds on the commute home from work and not feel a bit bad about it either. I pretty much only ride Saturday and Sunday mornings now.

Yeah, I don't get it. I can't understand people who either a) truly don't care about others on the road, especially unprotected motorcyclists, or b) Are in such a rush they don't realize the potential consequences of their irresponsibility. Outside of combat or protecting my parents/children, I couldn't live with myself each day knowing I'd killed someone.

Back