At what RPM do you all shift?

The turbo kicks in at about 5,000 rpm, so I change at 10,000k when my shift light reminds me to snap out of the shock. :laugh:

gagues.jpg

you mean you guy's have never taken the bike to 10k in 2,3,4 and 5th you don't know what your missing thats when this bike really opens up. try it you'll be shifting at 8+ here on out

I have a time machine for sale. It makes it very easy to talk to people from the past. :rofl:

Oh, and welcome to the board! :beerchug: I hope by now you realized that you responded to an 11-year-old post. Not that there is anything wrong with that. Still a valid question.

There is no definitive answer to this question. Because it all depends.

If I don't want to annoy the neighbours I upshift at 3-4k. Just crising - somewhere around 4-6k, aggressive riding - somewhere around 5 -8k, riding on the track - 7-11k. And just to test my shifting skills, going in 1st on the highway, and shifting at redline - if there is no jerk, I did good. That's the beauty of manual tranny.

Gotta post for posterity...

3-4k around town, 5-6 if im heading up on the interstate... any more and the cops will get notified...

Turbo..... teeehee...

Ok, this is sweet.

I shift at 3.5-4.5 when I'm saving gas.
8-9 when I'm tearing up twisties.
9-11 if I'm on track.

Do I get a prize for posting in an eleven year post?:beerchug:

Back