At what RPM do you all shift?

G

I have not gotten out of the habit during breakin, so I shift at around 5500, (normal in town riding) am trying to wait longer... Good habits are hard to break.....lol

I SHIFT AT 4500-5000AROUND TOWN & 6000-7000 WHEN IM ON IT. I STILL HAVENT GOT OVER THE BREAK IN HABIT EITHER.
IT SEEMS THAT AFTER 5000 RPM THE BIKE SEEMS TO VIBERATE ALOT MORE AND YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHIFT.

Light throttle putting- I keep it around 3000. Moving for lane position- around 4000rpm. Waiting to pass cars when distance is limited- about 5000. Passing R1s while they are passing cars when distance is limited- I hang out around 5000rpm and then stomp once when I take off, upshifting at red line (like it really makes any difference).

you mean you guy's have never taken the bike to 10k in 2,3,4 and 5th you don't know what your missing thats when this bike really opens up. try it you'll be shifting at 8+ here on out

Is this about the oldest thread I've ever seen on here or what~?~ :laugh:

3000rpm around town. 4000 when I want to really get moving. 7000 to 8000 when I'm blowing past other bikes or fast cars. Usually though most of the riding is at lower rpm, less than 5000.

I think the point is that at 6-7k in any gear, you're probably doing something illegal lol.

10,500 everytime! Wait for the light, press the button, keep it WOT!!!

246862_2073720728574_1411607061_2553530_3700783_n[1].jpg

Fatts when grave diggin. But since you brought it up, I shift when I feel the need to. Depends on the mood, the traffic, road surface and conditions. I dont look at the tach, relying more on the way the bike sounds and feels.

You defiantly have to be doing some serious browsing to find a 11yr old thread, or bored as hell. :laugh: But pretty much same here as far as just going by sound mostly, but if playing then just looking for 3:00 right there just before she starts saying "For gods sake please shift me" and starts stuttering. :laugh:

Do you have a Gen I or II ???

:laugh:

I think this is the oldest thread I've posted in :thumbsup:

Back