Best RPM for auto-shift?

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
Installed a Boost By Smith shift light w/ Auto Shift and I'm wondering what the optimum RPM is for shifting. I've got it at 10.5k right now...but I've been told I should go higher... my redline is 11k...does it really make much difference to add a couple hundred more RPM's to it?

Yes. Has your bike been dyno-tuned, from memory the Gen I started ramping up around 4K RPMs and started telling off around 10.2K - 10.4K. From memory the peak was between 8 and 10 K, from memory every shift drops you @1K. You want to keep it in that peak range to get there faster..........

Here is the Dyno-chart....looks like around 10.2 -10.3k or so? I wonder if the reading the auto shift gets is actual or tach? It's connected to the tach wire....but I'm not sure if that's a different reading than from the coil? I know there is a difference...but not sure which one to go by.

Busa Dyno.jpg

I can't open the attachment with my phone but typically around 8 K the bike peaks and starts dropping shortly after 10 K. Each shift will typically drop you 1 K. Don't know the answer about tach signal

Back