What RPM do shift at for everyday riding?

I start spooling at 5k so if there is not enough open road for me to blast down then I shift before the turbo starts to sing.

Well I don't weigh have of sh#t so I don't need to go so high in the rpm range to get moving along. I also notice if I go up anything above 5 I have this urge to go to redline :rofl:

I used to shift around 3-4000 and I would run 6th gear at highway speeds doing around 2500-3000 RPMs. I read where you need to run it higher because it was bad for the engine to shift early and run it at low RPMs. Now I am shifting at 7,000 or above then while riding try and keep then at at least 4,000. Also helps to keep the RPMs up while riding incase you need those ponies to get yourself out of trouble

When I'm riding in town, I'm all over the map, don't pay attention to it really.
If traffic is heavy I'm shifting low in the 4k range.
No traffic, I just like to hear the engine wind up to 8-9k once in a while!
Geez is that too much to ask in a 35MPH zone??? :laugh:

I used to shift around 3-4000 and I would run 6th gear at highway speeds doing around 2500-3000 RPMs. I read where you need to run it higher because it was bad for the engine to shift early and run it at low RPMs. Now I am shifting at 7,000 or above then while riding try and keep then at at least 4,000. Also helps to keep the RPMs up while riding incase you need those ponies to get yourself out of trouble

Well my motor is in great shape :whistle:

When I'm riding in town, I'm all over the map, don't pay attention to it really.
If traffic is heavy I'm shifting low in the 4k range.
No traffic, I just like to hear the engine wind up to 8-9k once in a while!
Geez is that too much to ask in a 35MPH zone??? :laugh:

:rofl:

Around town(between stoplights)usually between 4,000-9,000(in 1st and 2nd:laugh:),average highway cruising around 4,500 in 6th.

(warm here today guys,105 at the moment:guns:)

MOTO GP on again in about an hour today instead of tomorrow(watched it at 6:00 this morning,helluva race!).

Back