Oh boy MORE CHANGE!! Smokers. (better not look)

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
A bill is passing to increase "FREE" healthcare (price? $32B)

Guess who is footing the ENTIRE amount? Smokers...
they are doubling the tax on a price of smokes so you guys can foot the bill.. pretty cool huh? a genuine CHANGE... (this was vetoed twice by evil George Bush)

the people that require the most health care related costs are now going to be paying a sizable chunk for it.. This is going to make some people quit I bet, and then they will jack the taxes even higher to make up for those that quit.. This oughta be good...

The Associated Press: House approves children's health bill
You gotta read the entire article, it will make your eyes bleed if you smoke...

Last edited:
Don't take this wrong, but if they are the one's that need it most, shouldn't they be the one's to pay for it? That's my take on it.

As for the fairness of the tax; there is none. It holds no fairness at all, and I don't smoke.

That's for the Children's Health bill. They should be spending that money on revitalizing farming communities so they can afford to grow more food. Good health care doesn't matter if you're starving to death.

more than doubling the federal excise tax on a pack of smokes

"To cover the increase in spending, the bill would boost the federal excise tax on a pack of cigarettes by 62 cents, to $1.01 a pack." That would mean the current excise tax is .39. Doubling would make it .78

well...the gas/ oil tax will take up the slack that tobacco can't handle...won't be able to afford to drive to get the smokes in the first place. we're gonna be some patriotic mofos by the time it's all said & done by bidens ideology. p.s. I don't smoke, but do hate over taxation.

Well we certainly would not want all those kids to have health care....now would we?

Personally I really could give a crap about cigarette tax. Raise it all you want, better yet make the cigarette companies pay the tax. If it gets people to stop smoking all the better.

I am healthy and I don't smoke. Why should I pay the same health care premium as the smoker?

Don't take this wrong, but if they are the one's that need it most, shouldn't they be the one's to pay for it? That's my take on it.

As for the fairness of the tax; there is none. It holds no fairness at all, and I don't smoke.
let me fast forward here...

They already pulled this off.. (Democrats have a higher incidence of smokers than Republicans btw..) Your Democratic controlled house and Senate sailed it right through... (more taxation without representation?)

Now the people that can least afford the tax (and incidentally can least afford to be spending $5 a day on cigs in the first place, go figure) are going to sink a little deeper..

Some will quit, revenue from the new tax will drop and 1 of 2 things is going to have to happen by the liberal M.O.
Either further jack the tax (more quitters)
Or put the tax on the rest of us some how... (re appropriation of funds coming right up)

(I am a reformed smoker btw) "Change, the other white meat"

Well we certainly would not want all those kids to have health care....now would we?

Personally I really could give a crap about cigarette tax. Raise it all you want, better yet make the cigarette companies pay the tax. If it gets people to stop smoking all the better.

I am healthy and I don't smoke. Why should I pay the same health care premium as the smoker?

So you believe people shouldn't smoke because it isn't healthy for them. What happened to the liberal view of it's my body I can do as I want with it? Isn't that the line your side uses to support abortion?

Picture201335.gif

thats fantastic. if more people quit there might be
less roadside litter from all the butts, less fires from cigs flicked out of car windows, and most importantly, cleaner air for those of us that dont smoke that crap.:thumbsup:

I buy mine at the Indian Reservation. :laugh: No tax.

Although this bill has good meaning it's just another sink hole for money. Why?

As it stands now, and I forget the exact figures, people are canceling their private insurance and signing up for government insurance for their children. Why pay premiums when you can get something for less or maybe free. (if you qualify)

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out huh? Liberal Democrats can't however.

Remember..

sticker03.jpg

r8

So you believe people shouldn't smoke because it isn't healthy for them. What happened to the liberal view of it's my body I can do as I want with it? Isn't that the line your side uses to support abortion?

I do believe you should not smoke because it is not healthy. However you are an adult and if you chooses to do so then smoke all you want, it is your body I just don't think I should pay more for health insurance to cover your addiction and assoiciated health problems. As for abortion don't go there because it is a debate you can not win.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Smoke all you want it is your body I just don't think I should pay more for health insurance to cover your addiction and assoiciated health problems. As for abortion don't go there because it is a debate you can not win.
Posted via Mobile Device
the babies sure won't win

In re: "(Democrats have a higher incidence of smokers than Republicans btw..)"

MrB, where did you get this information? BTW, if there are places where smoking is prohibited, there should be places where smoking is mandatory!!!

Back