And I thought "Jobs" was the #1 priority

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
It amazes me that after a brief pause to address Jobs, the Obamanation
is back at healthcare full force. Not that the stimulas and/or the new stim....er Jobs bill
will do anything...

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back
a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers,
a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.
:rofl::rofl:
They KNOW the American public does not want this.

Serious question...is there anybody, any Democrat that actually likes or thinks
Pelosi is...or proud of the fact that she is the Party leader in the house. I mean,
the Dems really don't have anybody better. Just watching her spew out her mouth
makes my eyes bleed.

Pay back the unused money of the first Stimulas bill (waste of money), pay back
the 500 million the banks paid back. Can the 2nd Stimulas bill and reduce the
deficit by a trillion dollars tomorrow...AND STOP SPENDING. Cut govt' in half
and reduce taxes, business and personal.

People who believed the first stimulas worked....6%
People who believe Elvis is still alive.................7%

There is 1% of people who believe Elvis is still alive that say they are not
dumb enough to believe the Stimulas worked...Ah but on to health Control...er..care.

Last edited:
I don't want to get too heavy politically and get banned from the Org.
Pelosi is an embarassment to the Democratic Party. Most of the Liberal folks that I know view her that way. My personal assessment is that to many botox injections have numbed her brain. I view myself as an independent these days. I used to be a Republican.
Both Parties are out of touch with the TAXPAYERS WHO PAY FOR THIS GOVERNMENT.
The Republicans, however, are LESS out of touch at this time. I believe that at this time that the Dems will send us down the tubes if unchecked! So I will vote Republican next time. Give the Repubs a year or two and if they get Fat & Happy, vote the other way.
The only thing that career politicians care about is getting voted out. If they feel that
they may actually have to represent their constituency to avoid getting voted out, maybe they might!

Pelosi is an idiot.
You all know i am probably as liberal a member as you will find on the board, and she does liberals a disservice by claiming to represent them. All the extreme posturing she spouts does nothing but alienate the progressive liberals, in much the same fashion as the "super-cons" on the right do with their ultra-Christian hypocritical nonsense do.
As mentioned above we need some people in there who are actually in touch with regular folks......

To me, most all liberals are the same....... and the right extremeists are not any better. I am centrist and NOT a Christian or any other supreme being believer. We need to REMOVE every politician every 2 years, do away with their retirement plans as they exist and make them come to US for pay raises.

i don't know enough about pelosi to have an opinion of her worth typing. BUT rather u like her or not she is one of the most powerful women in the world and it would be extremely difficult for anyone that is an 'idiot' or whatever to get to that position.

but, maybe she pulled it off. i don't know

When I say idiot, I mean somebody that is completely oblivious to her surroundings. She is convinced she speaks for all liberals, and that she knows what is best for this country whether we like it or not. In spite of massive evidence to the contrary she pushes her agenda forward while saying her ideas represent what is wanted.
FYI, having power doesn't equate with intelligence. Bush was an idiot also.

i don't know enough about pelosi to have an opinion of her worth typing. BUT rather u like her or not she is one of the most powerful women in the world and it would be extremely difficult for anyone that is an 'idiot' or whatever to get to that position.

Interesting perspective.

All you have to do is watch TV and listen to her talk...an opinion is not that
difficult.

What I don't understand is how the fact that she is a liability to the Democratic
party escapes the people of that party and why they don't get together in
a room somewhere and demand she step down. Almost ANYBODY else would
be an improvement and help their agenda. (and I used to think Hillary was bad :banghead:)

As far as her being "powerfull"...that's debatable and I believe Obama is about
to make Congress virtually irrelevant...can you say "executive orders"...

I will say that the whole bi-partison meeting on Thur. was just a dog and pony
political stunt...worthless.

When I say idiot, I mean somebody that is completely oblivious to her surroundings. She is convinced she speaks for all liberals, and that she knows what is best for this country whether we like it or not. In spite of massive evidence to the contrary she pushes her agenda forward while saying her ideas represent what is wanted.

+1 (imagine that :laugh:)

Yes, yes he was.......

we live in the age of computers and a more knowledgeable citizen base..(if they want to be) why cant the elected "representitives" simply (blog) post weekly what they will be voteing on...and then let the public call in (with pin) or vote online thier wishes...then the 'representitives' will truely only vote on the concept of "majority rules"..and before whine whine for those who are undereducated..they can mail these also..plus if only 23-28% voter turn out...its safe to say 3 out of 4 dont care anyway...so those who dont or cant offer imput problably didnt vote anyway....so think of this...elections would no longer be based on "platforms and lies" the moral man would be able to get elected easyer becasue "do you belive in abortion?" "no i dont but that dont matter if a vote comes up for it i post the questions to my people and thier majority vote on the issue determines how i vote!" see how simple it makes everything...our goverment truely becomes of the people for the people...corruption dissapears..and we the people finnaly do and say in our goverment by spending 5 min a day to vote on how we WANT things. and our representitives have to vote based on the majority!!!!!!!

it all ends with a web page...and a automated phone 1-800 number with a computer hooked up to send in reports of the results...oh...and 50-100 a week to post ad in local paper detailing vote and how to put in your wishes...imagine all the money saved. and if a rep votes diffrently than majority instructed...santions and he is FIRED!!!

It amazes me that after a brief pause to address Jobs, the Obamanation
is back at healthcare full force. Not that the stimulas and/or the new stim....er Jobs bill
will do anything...

WASHINGTON (AP) — House Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged her colleagues to back
a major overhaul of U.S. health care even if it threatens their political careers,
a call to arms that underscores the issue's massive role in this election year.
:rofl::rofl:
They KNOW the American public does not want this.

Serious question...is there anybody, any Democrat that actually likes or thinks
Pelosi is...or proud of the fact that she is the Party leader in the house. I mean,
the Dems really don't have anybody better. Just watching her spew out her mouth
makes my eyes bleed.

Pay back the unused money of the first Stimulas bill (waste of money), pay back
the 500 million the banks paid back. Can the 2nd Stimulas bill and reduce the
deficit by a trillion dollars tomorrow...AND STOP SPENDING. Cut govt' in half
and reduce taxes, business and personal.

People who believed the first stimulas worked....6%
People who believe Elvis is still alive.................7%

There is 1% of people who believe Elvis is still alive that say they are not
dumb enough to believe the Stimulas worked...Ah but on to health Control...er..care.

sorta underscores and falls right in line with cnn's **** Cafferty Files as he debuts his latest special..."Broken Government".

folks is gett'in tired of the lies and corruption...as senator anthony weiner reports on youtube to the american people...

"make no mistake...the republican party IS a corporate franchise"

imho?..lately here?..

1. Yes...pelosi is a major disgrace to the dem party...i especially loathed her latest junket for her and her cronies to visit copenhagen at a cost of 2.5 million to the taxpayers...$440,000 for rooms at the marriot alone...then claimed she wasn't aware of the 6 night minimum charges..how blatant does it get?

2. The claim was recently made that the reason clinto was such a success and why obama will be a 1 termer is because clinton got it...and played ball with the bush's where obama won't..but figured hillary would bridge the gap...and then didn't.

3. I'm with cafferty...in a world that now sees the likes of conservative dems and liberal pubs?...the roles have reversed yet stayed the same..and our gov. serves the fat cat aristocrate corporate sharks rather than the american masses...so it's true...our government is broken...beyond broken.

and this ain't a good time for it to be so...spy invasions on a killing mission in dubai?...israli's debuted a fleet of drones the size of 737's and dwarfs F15 strike eagles with the claim they can now reach Iran...with manless flying killer robots?...and what are we fighting over?...hit & run $3000 per hour CEO's?..multi million dollar personal bonuses to those who were just recently bailed out to the tune of hundreds of billions that ran our entire banking system and economy into the ground with grossly unregulated healthcare costs all at the price of the american folk who seated them?...as the lobbiests continue to practice the fine art of legalized bribery to sway our politicians away from serving the american folk and serve corporate special intrest groups?..yep...it's broken...and badly.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited:
Just for the record, I emailed my state senator Nelson (idiotsRus) and demanded
that he take no part in voting for the current health care debacle...I got a form
letter back on how proud he was to partake in the "historic" moment working
side by side with Obama on his health care initiative....:banghead:

After the Brown election, I emailed him again stating that he should take notes
and he was next...I got the same letter back again...

My point is...they don't give a crap what we think or want. Even if 75% of his
e-mails were against...I'm sure we all got the same letter.

HELLO...McFLY

To go back to my post, both parties are out of touch with the voters. Repubs were in and not paying attention. Obama got in and now he is not paying attention. Vote the Dems out now and let the Repubs back. Let them get Fat and Happy and vote them out next time. ONCE AGAIN: Career politicians only care about re-election! Voting them out is the only thing that will make them listen to thier constituents.
Both parties feel that they are the Anointed Ones and that they know what is " Best " for us. They ARE NOT there to know what is best for us. They are there to FULFILL their campaign promises.

sorta underscores and falls right in line with cnn's **** Cafferty Files as he debuts his latest special..."Broken Government".

folks is gett'in tired of the lies and corruption...as senator anthony weiner reports on youtube to the american people...

"make no mistake...the republican party IS a corporate franchise"

imho?..lately here?..

1. Yes...pelosi is a major disgrace to the dem party...i especially loathed her latest junket for her and her cronies to visit copenhagen at a cost of 2.5 million to the taxpayers...$440,000 for rooms at the marriot alone...then claimed she wasn't aware of the 6 night minimum charges..how blatant does it get?

2. The claim was recently made that the reason clinto was such a success and why obama will be a 1 termer is because clinton got it...and played ball with the bush's where obama won't..but figured hillary would bridge the gap...and then didn't.

3. I'm with cafferty...in a world that now sees the likes of conservative dems and liberal pubs?...the roles have reversed yet stayed the same..and our gov. serves the fat cat aristocrate corporate sharks rather than the american masses...so it's true...our government is broken...beyond broken.

and this ain't a good time for it to be so...spy invasions on a killing mission in dubai?...israli's debuted a fleet of drones the size of 737's and dwarfs F15 strike eagles with the claim they can now reach Iran...with manless flying killer robots?...and what are we fighting over?...hit & run $3000 per hour CEO's?..multi million dollar personal bonuses to those who were just recently bailed out to the tune of hundreds of billions that ran our entire banking system and economy into the ground with grossly unregulated healthcare costs all at the price of the american folk who seated them?...as the lobbiests continue to practice the fine art of legalized bribery to sway our politicians away from serving the american folk and serve corporate special intrest groups?..yep...it's broken...and badly.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Good,,,,,,,,somebody gets it. Good one Jinkster.

The Dems would have been SO much more better served to have elected a MODERATE as speaker instead of Pelosi. Might have passed some meaning ful legislation. But she's so far out of it that no conservative will have anything to do with her. That's where Clinton made money as he became more centrist.

Last edited:
let's make no mistake, they are all out of touch..... Here is an article that just kills me... A lone senator that is pushing his own agenda... Millions out of work, people that depend on that check coming in each week to pay the bills or for food, this guys is willing to block it all... Last time is was 200,000 his decisions directly effected, now it's in the millions... Want to know why people are stressed, want to know why there is no faith in the government or the politicians these days... This to me is exactly why..... How would you like to be unemployed and needing that check, depending on that check... What happened to our politicians serving the people? Seems like such a disservice.

Washington (CNN) -- The Senate adjourned Friday without approving extensions of cash and health insurance benefits for the unemployed after a lone senator blocked swift passage due to his insistence that Congress first pay for the $10 billion package.

Retiring Sen. Jim Bunning, R-Kentucky, led a spirited Senate debate with Democrats over the issue -- at one time cursing at another senator on the floor. Bunning said he doesn't oppose extending the programs -- he just doesn't want to add to the deficit.

According to two Democratic aides on the Senate floor Thursday night, Bunning muttered "tough s---" as Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Oregon, criticized Bunning's stance on the package.

An aide to Merkley said the senator didn't hear the remark. A spokesman for Bunning said he was aware of the reports about the senator's language but didn't have a comment.

On Friday, Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California, sent Bunning a letter asking him to "stand down immediately" from his stance.

"Unemployment insurance is a lifeline to the long-term unemployed whose families have been hit very hard by this recession," she said.

For his part, Bunning maintained on Friday that if all senators could agree that the benefits are so important, then they should find a way to pay for them.

"If we can't find $10 billion somewhere for a bill that everybody in this body supports, we will never pay for anything," he said.

Democrats argued the safety net funds are classified as "emergency" and therefore don't need to be offset.

Starting Monday, the jobless will no longer be able to apply for federal unemployment benefits or the COBRA health insurance subsidy.

With the Senate not in a position to vote on the extensions until next Tuesday at the earliest, senators and their staffs scrambled to determine the practical implication of letting the programs lapse -- even if for just a few days.

In addition to funding unemployment insurance and the COBRA health insurance program for people who have lost their jobs, the bill would have prevented a scheduled 21 percent cut in Medicare payments to doctors.

Those cuts will technically go into place when doctors' offices open Monday. But because there is a two-week delay processing Medicare payments, a short-term lapse of the program is unlikely to affect payments, according to experts in the medical community and a Senate Finance Committee aide contacted by CNN.

Likewise, unemployment benefits could be delayed -- but if Congress acts next week, they will probably be minor, according to a Labor Department analyst who spoke to CNN. That's because Congress will likely approve the funds retroactively to make up for the missing days. An aide to Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus confirmed the Senate will try to pass the funds retroactively.

Other programs involving federal flood insurance, satellite TV licensing, and small business loans, will also go dark until Congress passes extensions.

Back