Patriotic "Relevant" Dialog

det45

Registered
Like it or not these are the facts my friends. I would love to hear "for the sake of dialog" someone dispute these facts, one by one. Being that we all live in this great country I feel that this discussion is appropriate. I also think this discussion is approptiate due to the upcoming elections. I am not hating our president nor am I a so called "right wing radical". I just disagree with his policies and the direction our president is taking this great country in. I am willing to be corrected if any of these facts are false and I will respond with respect to the other persons opinion. Sorry for the long thread but I had to list them all, please read carefully.....det45

* During his campaign for the presidency and since, Obama repeatedly assured us that he would protect Medicare against cuts; but he now presses for passage of bills that include savage cuts in Medicare.

* To obtain passage of his first stimulus bill, Obama assured us that 90% of the jobs created would be in the private sector; but as he well knew, most of them were to be in the p! ublic sector.

* Early in the health care debate, Obama assured us that he had not said that he favored a single payer system; but he was on record as having said exactly that.

* Obama gave primary voters a firm assurance that if he became the nominee of the Democratic party he would (unlike Hillary Clinton) abide by the campaign finance limits of public funding; but as soon as he became the party's nominee, he reneged on that pledge.

* During the presidential campaign Obama criticized the presence of former lobbyists in the Bush administration and solemnly assured us that he would appoint no lobbyists to his administration; but once elected he proceeded to appoint even more lobbyists than his predecessors.

* Obama criticized the size of George Bush's deficit and promised to stop deficit spending if elected; but he has already quadrupled the size of the deficit he objected to and recklessly continues new federal spending in the trillions.
!
* When campaigning Obama criticized bills before the congress that were too long for anyone to be able to read and promised to stop that; but the bills he has been backing throughout his first year are infinitely longer (2000+ pages) than the ones he criticized.

* Candidate Obama promised an end to the corruption of earmarks and pork, but in the bills he has supported this year there have been more and bigger earmarks than ever before.

* Candidate Obama promised us that CIA personnel involved in the interrogation of terrorists would not be prosecuted; but his administration is now doing exactly that.

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that the health bill he supported (pre-Stupak) would not provide public funding for abortions; but bitter resistance on the part of House Democrats to inclusion of language to that effect soon proved that it did.

* Candidate Obama promised that he would make sure that there was always enough time for the public to read legislation before it was enacted; but he has done! exactly the opposite, repeatedly pressing for even faster passage of even longer bills.

* Candidate Obama met fears that he would be a tax and spend liberal by promising, emphatically and repeatedly, that those earning under $200,000 would see no increase in their taxes of any kind; but he now passage of a healthcare bill that breaks that pledge in many different ways, and his unrestrained increase in federal spending makes more tax increases inevitable.

* Candidate Obama promised bipartisanship and an end to partisan bickering; but in a display of especially ruthless partisanship his allies have shut Republicans out of all key meetings on his health care initiative, with the unprecedented result that domestic legislation of historic importance garnered not a single Republican vote in the Senate.

* Candidate Obama criticized his opponent's plan to tax employer paid healthcare benefits, and promised he would not tax them; but the bill he now backs will do just that.

* Obama had promised that he wo! uld not sign a healthcare bill that would add one dime to the federal deficit; but the bill he now backs adds trillions in new federal spending, offset only by new sources of revenue that are both uncertain and more properly seen as offsetting the already existing deficit.

* Obama coerced congress into passing his stimulus bill by promising that if it were passed unemployment could go no higher then 8%; but unemployment is now at 10%, and he could not possibly have had good reason to exclude that possibility.

* Obama promised that his cap and trade legislation will create jobs; but its massive tax increases will certainly hobble the economy and destroy jobs, while green jobs in significant numbers can at best be hoped for, but never promised.

* Obama has repeatedly assured the American people that if they like their current health plan they can keep it; but the House bill which he supported created huge incentives for employers to drop their coverage and shift their members to a public option.

* Obama has just as often assured the public that under his health plan everyone will be able to keep their current doctor; but many are certain to lose their doctors when ObamaCare's large cuts in Medicare funding induce more doctors to withdraw from Medicare coverage, as they also would were employers to transfer patients to a public option to save money.

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that his health plan would not fund illegal aliens; but his allies had been busy voting down amendments to that effect. (This was the point of Joe Wilson's outburst.)

* Obama claimed that John Deere's CEO had told him that Deere would begin hiring again as a result of the stimulus bill; but that individual immediately announced that he had said no such thing, and that Deere would in fact be laying off more workers.

* Candidate Obama promised that Guantanamo would be closed by January 1, 2010; but it is still open.

* Candidate Obama promised that his administration! (unlike his predecessor's) would be so transparent that TV cameras (C-Span) would be there for key deliberations; but an unprecedented level of secrecy prevails as the final stages of Obamacare are negotiated behind closed doors and kept so secret that even the Senate majority whip admitted that he had no idea what was going on. Requests for Obama to honor the promise of C-Span cameras are being ignored.

* Obama claims that he wants a public option only to increase choice and competition; but the House bill would clearly reduce choice both by squeezing unsubsidized private health plans out of the market, and by setting rigid conditions o! n acceptable plans that would narrow available options.

* Candidate Obama claimed that violent radical Bill Ayers was just another guy in his neighborhood; but the record shows that the two had worked closely together.

* Obama assured us that his stimulus bill would create or save a million jobs; but he was claiming as fact what could never have been more than a wild (and highly improbable) guess, and his more recent attempts to justify that guess have been fraudulent.

* Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or "pull the plug" on grandma; but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.

* Obama now assures us that health insurance premiums will not go up if ObamaCare becomes law, insisting indignantly that people who say this have not read the bill; but the legislation forces insurers to cover preexisti! ng conditions, which will compel them to raise premiums substantially.

there is no argument.....

Obama supporters don't care if he is a liar. they loved Clinton, and even love Pelosi(both proven liars)...they are more concerned with thier handouts and free healthcare.

prety much anyone can, do anything....as long as they are Dem. and/or are not GWB....

How can one respond to this? I just don't know.

there is no argument.....

Obama supporters don't care if he is a liar. they loved Clinton, and even love Pelosi(both proven liars)...they are more concerned with thier handouts and free healthcare.

prety much anyone can, do anything....as long as they are Dem. and/or are not GWB....

I personally Love the Obaminator.
I am gonna vote for him in 2012.
I am gonna vote all democratic in November.
I am gonna assist in their dreams of a better America.
Your all wrong....

:moon:

I've said before...EVERYTHING out of that mans mouth...is a lie.

He can give a speach and read a teleprompter...and say exactly what anybody
wants to hear...and it's a lie. OVER and OVER again.

BTW-They are going to bring about a VAT tax...

Volcker: Taxes likely to rise eventually to tame deficit
NEW YORK
Tue Apr 6, 2010 7:57pm EDTNEW YORK (Reuters) - The United States should
consider raising taxes to help bring deficits under control and may need to
consider a European-style value-added tax, White House adviser Paul Volcker
said on Tuesday.

Volcker, answering a question from the audience at a New York Historical
Society event, said the value-added tax "was not as toxic an idea" as it has
been in the past and also said a carbon or other energy-
related tax may become necessary.

Though he acknowledged that both were still unpopular
ideas, he said getting entitlement costs and the U.S. budget deficit under
control may require such moves. "If at the end of the day we need to raise
taxes, we should raise taxes," he said

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And after we were repeatedly assured taxes would not be raised for people
under $200,000 a year. After the people who were against Obama said he
was full of it, and the math didn't add up...no way you could do entitlements
and not raise taxes. After "we the people" didn't want healthcare because
of the cost and again...2+2 is still 4 and the math doesn't add up.

We will get not only a national sales tax V.A.T. but probably a "carbon or engery
tax" as well...DUH! :banghead:

That's what the economy and businesses need...a bunch of new taxes to pay
for entitlements...have we tried not spending as much...NO. And the idiots
are so stupid they are calling doctors wanting to know how to get their free
Obama care :banghead: (that doesn't kick in for 4 more years)

Come ON NOVEMBER!

Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or "pull the plug" on grandma; but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.

i am in favor of euthanasia which is a completly different subject and had nothing to do with this stuff. but if you can not afford healthcare and you are in need of gov't support then i believe physicians should be able to moderate procedures done.

for example 88 year old, dementia, the doctor decides to put in a pace maker to keep him ticking, the patient is not functional but because he cannot be monitored 24/7 the nursing home finds him in the middle of the floor one morning. turns out he got up in the middle of the night and broke his hip. now ortho doc has to fix his hip. over a year has passed and now he is almost ninety, non functional for 2 years, pacemaker, broken hip, and he is getting violent with his dementia so they want to do a ct on his brain and try to adjust several of the 20 meds he takes every day.

30 years ago this stuff wouldn't happen. now it does and it is part of the many complicated things that make healthcare so expensive. we are MORTAL. we will never live forever. we are all going to die (that sounded bad, but its true) quality of life to me is very important and I am going to make sure the person whom has power of att over me when i am 88 with dementia has the balls to refuse this crap for me

See....this is why republicans shouldn't be allowed to use the internet...they get an email or see something that has been going around for weeks and copy paste things like it is fact without using some of that god given brain and checking up on it :laugh: Seriously it happens on both sides....it's aggrivating to see people get something in an email and take it as fact...probably the same people who believe "a king in Zaire will give you 1million for helping funnel some money..all he needs is your SS# and bank account"

SO PLEASE STOP SAYING "Like it or not these are the facts" when you didn't even take the time to look at some of them.
I had seen this before and while a few things are true...most are speculation or outright lies that have been circulating in emails for a while. This gentlemen already took the time to rebuttal this on another board so Ill credit "google dad" with the responses. Some of his responses could have been better, but i get tired of hearing about "death panels" and "illegal aliens getting healthcare" and responding to things that are outright lies.... "Facts"

I am not an "Obama nut" ...nor was I a bush nut...i am just tired of all the BS that go along with politics from both sides....both parties are corrupt...and they lie..and lie about what the other side is doing... Doesn't mean we have to buy into all the BS

FOLLOWING FROM GOOGLE DAD.....................................................He isn't totally right either!! I didn't want mess with the quotes though...Obama DID promise no more pork bills but that didn't happen..

Yeah, I HATE liars.

>>>>>>>>>> Unless they're Republican liars .

* During his campaign for the presidency and since, Obama repeatedly assured us that he would protect Medicare against cuts; but he now presses for passage of bills that include savage cuts in Medicare.

>>>>>>>> Define "savage " . Is 10% "savage " ?

* To obtain passage of his first stimulus bill, Obama assured us that 90% of the jobs created would be in the private sector; but as he well knew, most of them were to be in the public sector.

>>>>>>>>>> Please provide proof " most " were public sector jobs .

* Early in the health care debate, Obama assured us that he had not said that he favored a single payer system; but he was on record as having said exactly that.

>>>>>>>>>>> True .

* Obama gave primary voters a [censored] assurance that if he became the nominee of the Democratic party he would (unlike Hillary Clinton) abide by the campaign finance limits of public funding; but as soon as he became the party’s nominee, he reneged on that pledge.

>>>>>>>>> True .

* During the presidential campaign Obama criticized the presence of former lobbyists in the Bush administration and solemnly assured us that he would appoint no lobbyists to his administration; but once elected he proceeded to appoint even more lobbyists than his predecessors.

>>>>>>>>>> Utter lie . Bush hired over a hunded former lobbyists , many in charge of regulating industries they once lobbied for . Six of the former industry advocates have faced ethics investigations or resigned amid conflict-of-interest charges . There is currently an executive order banning lobbyists from working on issues they'd lobbied for in the past two years , 2-3 wa ivers have been allowed .

* Obama criticized the size of George Bush’s deficit and promised to stop deficit spending if elected; but he has already quadrupled the size of the deficit he objected to and recklessly continues new federal spending in the trillions.

>>>>>>>> Another lie , the last Bush deficit ( 20009 ) was $1.4 TRILLION , the current projected deficit is $1.75 TRILLION , hardly 4 times the amount .

* When campaigning Obama criticized bills before the congress that were too long for anyone to be able to read and promised to stop that; but the bills he has been backing throughout his first year are infinitely longer (2000+ pages) than the ones he criticized.

>>>>>>>>> What a nonsensical complaint .

* Candidate Obama promised an end to the corruption of earmarks and pork, but in the bills he has supported this year there have been more and bigger earmarks than ever before.

>>>>>>> Lie .
Congress is on pace to spend $11 billion on disclosed earmarks in fiscal year 2010, according to Taxpayers for Common Sense.

That’s about $4 billion less than last year’s cost of earmarks, which fund projects at the specific request of lawmakers. Disclosed earmarks totaled nearly $15 billion in fiscal year 2009, the groups said.

* Candidate Obama promised us that CIA personnel involved in the interrogation of terrorists would not be prosecuted; but his administration is now doing exactly that.

>>>>>>>> Tricky , the only people facing charges didn't " act in good faith and within the scope of the legal guidance given by" Bush administration lawyers. "

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that the health bill he supported (pre-Stupak) would not provide public funding for abortions; but bitter resistance on the part of House Democrats to inclusion of language to that effect soon proved that it did.

>>>>>>>>> There is no public funding of abortions .

* Candidate Obama promised that he would make sure that there was always enough time for the public to read legislation before it was enacted; but he has done exactly the opposite, repeatedly pressing for even faster passage of even longer bills.

>>>>>>>>>> Iffy .

* Candidate Obama met fears that he would be a tax and spend liberal by promising, emphatically and repeatedly, that those earning under $200,000 would see no increase in their taxes of any kind; but he now urges passage of a healthcare bill that breaks that pledge in many different ways, and his unrestrained increase in federal spending makes more tax increases inevitable.

>>>>>>>>> Speculation .

* Candidate Obama promised bipartisanship and an end to partisan bickering; but in a display of especially ruthless partisanship his allies have shut Republicans out of all key meetings on his health care initiative, with the unprecedented result that domestic legislation of historic importance garnered not a single Republican vote in the Senate.

>>>>>>>>>> It takes 2 to end partisanship . Where were the GOP offers to compromise ?

* Candidate Obama criticized his opponent’s plan to tax employer paid healthcare benefits, and promised he would not tax them; but the bill he now backs will do just that.

>>>>>>>>> Under McCain's plan taxed ALL employer-paid health benefits would be taxable , not the case now .

* Obama had promised that he would not sign a healthcare bill that would add one dime to the federal deficit; but the bill he now backs adds trillions in new federal spending, offset only by new sources of revenue that are both uncertain and more properly seen as offsetting the already existing deficit.

>>>>>>>> Conjecture , the CBO labels the plan as saving money .

* Obama coerced congress into passing his stimulus bill by promising that if it were passed unemployment could go no higher then 8%; but unemployment is now at 10%, and he could not possibly have had good reason to exclude that possibility.

>>>>>>>>>> Coerced ? What would happen without the stimulus ?

* Obama promised that his cap and trade legislation will create jobs; but its massive tax increases will certainly hobble the economy and destroy jobs, while green jobs in significant numbers can at best be hoped for, but never promised.

>>>>>>>> What " massive " tax increases ?

* Obama has repeatedly assured the American people that if they like their current health plan they can keep it; but the House bill which he supported created huge incentives for employers to drop their coverage and shift their members to a public option.

>>>>>>>>>> No public option , YET .

* Obama has just as often assured the public that under his health plan everyone will be able to keep their current doctor; but many are certain to lose their doctors when ObamaCare’s large cuts in Medicare funding induce more doctors to withdraw from Medicare coverage, as they also would were employers to transfer patients to a public option to save money.

>>>>>>>>>> Many are certain ? Sez who ?

* Obama assured a joint session of Congress that his health plan would not fund illegal aliens; but his allies had been busy voting down amendments to that effect. (This was the point of Joe Wilson’s outburst.)

>>>>>>>>>> No public option , illegal laiens AREN'T covered .

* Obama claimed that Caterpillar’s CEO had told him that Caterpillar would begin hiring again as a result of the stimulus bill; but that individual immediately announced that he had said no such thing, and that Caterpillar would in fact be laying off more workers.

>>>>>>>>> One of them is lying ,.

* Candidate Obama promised that Guantanamo would be closed by January 1, 2010; but it is still open.

>>>>>>>>> Another executive order .

* Candidate Obama promised that his administration (unlike his predecessor’s) would be so transparent that TV cameras (C-Span) would be there for key deliberations; but an unprecedented level of secrecy prevails as the final stages of Obamacare are negotiated behind closed doors and kept so secret that even the Senate majority whip admitted that he had no idea what was going on. Requests for Obama to honor the promise of C-Span cameras are being ignored.

>>>>>>>>>> Presidents don't control Congress .

* To gain traction for his attempt to return a would-be socialist dictator in Honduras to power, Obama claimed that he had been overthrown in an illegal coup; but the congressional research service pointed out correctly that ex-President Zelaya had been removed for constitutionally sufficient cause by legal and constitutional means.

>>>>>>>>>>> Way iffy .

* Obama claims that he wants a public option only to increase choice and competition; but the House bill would clearly reduce choice both by squeezing unsubsidized private health plans out of the market, and by setting rigid conditions on acceptable plans that would narrow available options.

>>>>>>>> No public option .

* Candidate Obama claimed that violent radical Bill Ayers was just another guy in his neighborhood; but the record shows that the two had worked closely together.

>>>>>>>>>> Sez who ? Not Bill Ayers .

* Obama assured us that his stimulus bill would create or save a million jobs; but he was claiming as fact what could never have been more than a wild (and highly improbable) guess, and his more recent attempts to justify that guess have been fraudulent.

>>>>>>>> NY TIMES 2/10
Just look at the outside evaluations of the stimulus. Perhaps the best-known economic research firms are IHS Global Insight, Macroeconomic Advisers and Moody’s Economy.com. They all estimate that the bill has added 1.6 million to 1.8 million jobs so far and that its ultimate impact will be roughly 2.5 million jobs. The Congressional Budget Office, an independent agency, considers these estimates to be conservative.

* Obama assured us that his health plan would never ration care, or “pull the plug” on grandma; but the legislation he backs sets up panels to make crucial decisions on when to withhold care, and it makes such deep cuts in Medicare that rationing is inevitable.

>>>>>>>>> Fraudualant . Another " death panel " lie .

* Obama now assures us that health insurance premiums will not go up if ObamaCare becomes law, insisting indignantly that people who say this have not read the bill; but the legislation forces insurers to cover preexisting conditions, which will compel them to raise premiums substantially.

>>>>>>>>> Or the additional 30 MILLION+ people required to get insurance the majority of whom aren't in poor health will reduce costs .

See....this is why republicans shouldn't be allowed to use the internet...they get an email or see something that has been going around for weeks and copy paste things like it is fact without using some of that god given brain and checking up on it :laugh: Seriously it happens on both sides....it's aggrivating to see people get something in an email and take it as fact...probably the same people who believe "a king in Zaire will give you 1million for helping funnel some money..all he needs is your SS# and bank account"

SO PLEASE STOP SAYING "Like it or not these are the facts" when you didn't even take the time to look at some of them.
I had seen this before and while a few things are true...most are speculation or outright lies that have been circulating in emails for a while. This gentlemen already took the time to rebuttal this on another board so Ill credit "google dad" with the responses. Some of his responses could have been better, but i get tired of hearing about "death panels" and "illegal aliens getting healthcare" and responding to things that are outright lies.... "Facts"

I am not an "Obama nut" ...nor was I a bush nut...i am just tired of all the BS that go along with politics from both sides....both parties are corrupt...and they lie..and lie about what the other side is doing... Doesn't mean we have to buy into all the BS

I am not going to quote the rest of your post you can read it again for yourself. Since you don't like people posting up things that "someone else" has, supposedly, researched maybe you shouldn't preach to people about looking up information for themselves. Obviously you didn't research the items listed "someone else" did it for you and did a poor job in doing so.

Just to clarify I do agree with you that both parties lie about basically everything. Both parties attempt to get things done they "THINK" will help even though they were obviously bad ideas in the past. Both sides continue to get a different result from the failures in the past with the same ideas. You would think they would get it, but I guess getting into a government office makes common sense go right out the window.

Where are these statements you say are factual gathered from? Not saying that they aren't, but I would like to know the source.

I am not going to quote the rest of your post you can read it again for yourself. Since you don't like people posting up things that "someone else" has, supposedly, researched maybe you shouldn't preach to people about looking up information for themselves. Obviously you didn't research the items listed "someone else" did it for you and did a poor job in doing so.

Just to clarify I do agree with you that both parties lie about basically everything. Both parties attempt to get things done they "THINK" will help even though they were obviously bad ideas in the past. Both sides continue to get a different result from the failures in the past with the same ideas. You would think they would get it, but I guess getting into a government office makes common sense go right out the window.

I had researched some of the things on there.so what makes you think i didn't...what was wrong in some of the big ones??...Yea... i could have passed it off as my own..but i gave credit. His responses could have been better in some of them...I didn't have the time right now to link everything... I am mainly more aggrivated at the points I hear people bring up every day about Death panels and illegals getting healthcare. I will link up some things later when i get a chance of the things i have found...

Same BS when Bush was in office...had to hear all sorts of junk about Bush .....

I had researched some of the things on there.so what makes you think i didn't...what was wrong in some of the big ones??...Yea... i could have passed it off as my own..but i gave credit. His responses could have been better in some of them...I didn't have the time right now to link everything... I am mainly more aggrivated at the points I hear people bring up every day about Death panels and illegals getting healthcare. I will link up some things later when i get a chance of the things i have found...

Same BS when Bush was in office...had to hear all sorts of junk about Bush .....

Then my mistake.. was just having a heck of a day at work and saw this and thought WOW!!!..

I have an off the wall thought on the illegals thing. While I don't recall anything stating that illegals get healthcare, maybe people are thinking they get in this current system there is nothing stopping from them getting it in the "new" system. again this is personal "opinion/thought process".

Then my mistake.. was just having a heck of a day at work and saw this and thought WOW!!!..

I have an off the wall thought on the illegals thing. While I don't recall anything stating that illegals get healthcare, maybe people are thinking they get in this current system there is nothing stopping from them getting it in the "new" system. again this is personal "opinion/thought process".

No problems...I understand! I have a splitting headache right now so i could have worded my response better (Sorry) .....

I am, on average, center..... I don't want illegals getting something they haven't chipped in on...etc etc on other topics.... I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others like most people. I just get tired of all the BS that gets spewed on both sides. It makes it so hard to find the truth or discuss something when people believe things that are easy to find with google.. (credible sources i mean) I don't mean just one side either!

Here is factcheck that covers my two biggest gripes about false info..death panels and illegal alliens that include the lines from the healthcare bill that specifically debunk those.

Seven Falsehoods About Health Care | FactCheck.org

Here is my promise!! I will NEVER again get on a Political discussion unless it is on a political site! :laugh: When will i learn??

FYI... When the locomotive was invented there was a propoganda campaign initiated saying that humans were not meant to travel faster than 10mph. If they did they would likely suffer serious conditions and die! This was put out b/c lobbyist and business that would most likely go out of business to the competition the railroad brought!

* Obama now assures us that health insurance premiums will not go up if ObamaCare becomes law, insisting indignantly that people who say this have not read the bill; but the legislation forces insurers to cover preexisting conditions, which will compel them to raise premiums substantially.

>>>>>>>>> Or the additional 30 MILLION+ people required to get insurance the majority of whom aren't in poor health will reduce costs .

I'm not going waste time responding to all of these...but, man, the replies
are really "head in the sand" type stuff.

It would seem to me that a large portion of the 30MILLION+ that don't currently
have insurance that are going to be REQUIRED to get it...don't have it for a REASON...
like no job or pre-existing condition...can we say subsidy or entlitlement program.
I really don't see 30 million healthy, wealthy, people with no insurance
waiting for the govt' to force them before they acutally buy it :rofl:

The "not allowing illegals to be eligible for health insurance"...they are talking
amnesty. It's the only way for the Dems to recoup the votes before Nov.
When that happens, they'll no longer be "illegals" and will be eligible for ObamaKare
Do you think the "illegals" are all well off and ready to pay for their own insurance
or more likely the 30+Million of subsidized komrads will be inflated to 45-50million.
Wow, this IS A GOOD PLAN...

Real head in the sand stuff...

No problems...I understand! I have a splitting headache right now so i could have worded my response better (Sorry) .....

I am, on average, center..... I don't want illegals getting something they haven't chipped in on...etc etc on other topics.... I'm liberal on some things and conservative on others like most people. I just get tired of all the BS that gets spewed on both sides. It makes it so hard to find the truth or discuss something when people believe things that are easy to find with google.. (credible sources i mean) I don't mean just one side either!

Here is factcheck that covers my two biggest gripes about false info..death panels and illegal alliens that include the lines from the healthcare bill that specifically debunk those.

Seven Falsehoods About Health Care | FactCheck.org

Here is my promise!! I will NEVER again get on a Political discussion unless it is on a political site! :laugh: When will i learn??

FYI... When the locomotive was invented there was a propoganda campaign initiated saying that humans were not meant to travel faster than 10mph. If they did they would likely suffer serious conditions and die! This was put out b/c lobbyist and business that would most likely go out of business to the competition the railroad brought!

Yeah well here's your sources for your "factcheck"
The article was written in August 14, 2009 :rofl:
Somehow I think the site is possibly biased and DATED and probably
not applicable with the current bill as passed, not to mention it
references the House bill, to bad they passed the Senate bill (case in point)???
(the AARP as a source :rofl::rofl:)
(and you criticise the danger of copy, paste, and the internet in regards to Rep.
and something about a brain)

Sources
Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Rep. Charles B. Rangel. 17 Jul 2009.

Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Sen. Edward M. Kennedy. 2 Jul 2009.

U.S. House. "H.R. 3200." (as introduced 14 Jul 2009.)

Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. "Advance Care Planning: Preferences for Care at the End of Life." Mar 2003.

"AARP Responds to Health Reform Scare Tactics." Press release. AARP 24 Jul 2009.

Keyserling, Jon. Interview with FactCheck.org 29 Jul 2009.

Patient Self-Determination Act. 42 USC 1395cc.

Collins, Sara. Interview with FactCheck.org. 21 Jul 2009.

"It’s Not an Option." Editorial. Investor’s Business Daily. 15 Jul 2009.

Orszag, Peter. Letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Office of Management and Budget. 17 Jul 2009.

Congressional Budget Office. Letter to Rep. Steny Hoyer. 25 Jul 2009.

Last edited:
@Silent Shogun

Yeah, I do agree the replies could of been much better, but its not to bad. I only made it through the first few questions before I though "email spam". Just to add to his number #1 caust Im not waisting my time debunking all this, as anyone could search around and do so.

*****During his campaign for the presidency and since, Obama repeatedly assured us that he would protect Medicare against cuts; but he now presses for passage of bills that include savage cuts in Medicare.*****

>>>it’s a $500 billion reduction in the growth of future spending over 10 years, not a slashing of the current Medicare budget or benefits. It’s true that those who get their coverage through Medicare Advantage’s private plans (about 22 percent of Medicare enrollees) would see fewer add-on benefits; the bill aims to reduce the heftier payments made by the government to Medicare Advantage plans, compared with regular fee-for-service Medicare. The Democrats’ bill also boosts certain benefits: It makes preventive care free and closes the "doughnut hole," a current gap in prescription drug coverage for seniors. A Final Weekend of Whoppers? | FactCheck.org

What cracks me up is how the republicans try to act like its a bad thing that medicare would be cut, but the sad part about it is history isn't on their side on this one.

Ronald Reagan: “f you don’t [stop Medicare] and I don’t do it, one of these days you and I are going to spend our sunset years telling our children and our children’s children what it once was like in America when men were free.†[1961]

Barry Goldwater: “Having given our pensioners their medical care in kind, why not food baskets, why not public housing accommodations, why not vacation resorts, why not a ration of cigarettes for those who smoke and of beer for those who drink.â€

Bob Dole: In 1996, while running for the Presidency, Dole openly bragged that he was one of 12 House members who voted against creating Medicare in 1965. “I was there, fighting the fight, voting against Medicare . . . because we knew it wouldn’t work in 1965.†[1965]

Over the years, Republicans proposed numerous schemes to slash funding or privatize Medicare. Most notably, in 1995, under the leadership of then House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA), Republicans proposed cutting 14% from projected Medicare spending over seven years and forcing millions of elderly recipients into managed health care programs or HMOs. The cuts were to ensure that Medicare is “going to wither on the vine,†Gingrich explained. Similarly, during the 2008 Presidential campaign, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) proposed cutting $1.3 trillion from Medicare and Medicaid.

Somehow I think the site is possibly biased and DATED and probably
not applicable with the current bill as passed, .

All you have to do is click the "about us" button and you'll have your info. I guess that was a bit to hard?

Here you go....

About | FactCheck.org

Also, your boy chainey referred to checking out factcheck.org plenty of times when running for his second term.

Last edited:
Back