O-ren ishii's azz just got a...

looks good. are the blinkers in the tail light?
yes....they are.
biggrin.gif

it was pretty easy...just start out by lopping off about 3"s of 1 1/2" 6061 T-6 Alum. angle...

CAI1.jpg

flair out the 90 deg.'s a tad

CAI2.jpg

then blow on some rubberized coating...

CAI3.jpg

use a 1/8th" pop rivet to hold things in place to line drill two bolt holes....

CAI4.jpg

then?...mount'er up...

CAI5.jpg

annnd...wire'er up...

CAI6.jpg

CAI7.jpg

CAI8.jpg

I chose to use the stock directional quick disconnectors and soldered them onto my led board directional leads...this way it makes tail section removal far less involved.

Oh and btw?....even with the smoke lens the CA unit seems "almost" as bright (if not "just as bright") as the stock tail-light....also?...the directionals are extremely "VIVID" with a blink rate that's down right franatic as i chose to not use the ceramic resistors...and since they are so close together and right on the tail?...if someone were riding right on your righthand quarter?...unlike the stockers?..they can still see when you're blinking for a left hander.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Bill,
I did almost that same thing for a tag bracket. Instead of using the stock bracket too, I just used the aluminum and mounted the tag to that, after I painted it black. Keeps the tag up there nice and tight. I put it in a vice to flatten it out to about 105 degrees that makes the plate angle almost match the exhaust cans.
Looks good bro.

Don

Bill,
 I did almost that same thing for a tag bracket.  Instead of using the stock bracket too, I just used the aluminum and mounted the tag to that, after I painted it black.  Keeps the tag up there nice and tight.  I put it in a vice to flatten it out to about 105 degrees that makes the plate angle almost match the exhaust cans.
Looks good bro.

Don
yep....that's a better idea don...one i realized after whipping this one up just to "get things roll'in" (so to speak)...i gotta few goodies thought out and lined up but they are designs that require machining...such as...

1. High mount tag bracket.

2. Single side exhaust pipehanger with removable passenger pegs: (that'll easily fit in the tail storage section without eat'in up to much room) and are in keeping with my cyclecat rearsets.

annnnnd...

3. A "rear brake stay": machined of billet alum to match the pipehanger and rearsets.

and i'll machine'em up.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Looks great! That is on my list. How far down the money list I don't know yet!! I never would have believed this bike could become a money pit. I loved it stock but...$$$$
smile.gif
That tail mod is free... you just cut.

You'll need to get integrated tail lights for signals, but until then you can get away with using the stocker lights.

I have the same set up but here in MA they  would not let you ride without turn signals at either end of the tag. So I purchased some stubbies from Lockhart Philips and installed them. It then passed inspection. Now I have a set of two turn signals on each side.
Anyways, I parked my bike under the very bright sun of today and had the wife apply the brake for me to gage the intensity of the brake lamp. I was completely disappointed. I bet I could only see it because I knew it was there.
I am looking for information on the UFO tail lamp integrator. I have seen that one and looks way brighter than this one.
Not sure what you are talking about.  Shibumi and I installed ours the same day.  We had heard that the brake is not very bright direct sunlight, but we tested it a week ago and it is very very bright all the time.

Don
+1

thought mine looked pretty bright as well.
It is a great set, and when I installed it last year I was very happy. It was just the other day that I decided to test it in the bright sun and I noticed that on direct sunlight it is very very faint. There is no question when used in an overcast day or at dusk it is visible at a safe distance. In my opinion, it does not call for the attention of the drivers behind you.

I don't want to go back to stock therefore I would like to try that UFO set which I saw around here somewhere and those really looked bright.

jd

Bill, how do you like the RS Cold Heat Soldering Iron? I thought about getting one since I hate having to be unwinding the damn cords all the time. Also, where is the tail light integrator & clean lens from? I like the look, and keeps the trunk storage too
smile.gif
Win win.

Charlie

Back