O-ren got "dyno tuned" at the bash...

(TheAtomicAss @ Sep. 27 2006,01:34) And, since we have the cheeseman's attention, I'd like to pose a question:

I was under the impression that 12:1 AF was desirable for turbo engines, and that NA engines were happier and more powerful closer to 14:1.
first those are not bad numbers
and turbos want closer to 11:1
14.7:1 is for MPG
the lower the ration the more power to a certain point

with this said at about 8-13% throttle you want 14.5:1 and 100% you want something lower

Awesome
beerchug.gif

(usn04limited @ Sep. 26 2006,17:36) If I am reading that right, you got about 156whp.  Here is my question, I thought that was the, more or less, norm on a stock bike.  Not disrespecting you at all Bill, just asking a question.  It makes me kinda afraid to dyno mine.  I don't want to find out that the money blood sweat and cussing that I have put into it give me stock #s.

Don
no offense taken at all Don...and a valid concern but...not to fret as...

Some aspects of dyno results (such as peak power #'s) are as subjective as the day is long and relatively useless unless a baseline (read: stock) dyno result was recorded t0o u8se as a "base reference" from which to compare, determine and evaluate tuning and mods...as dyno's can and do vary both dyno too dyno and day too day...however...some aspects of dyno'ing are indeeed very telling...aspects such as Air:Fuel ratios and the quality of the torque curve itself....as fuel metering dictates and renders the quality of said torque curve?...RWHP at any rev range is merely the mathmatical result of said torque curve..who'se quality in turn is the result of the fuel metering...a/f ratios.

so?...while i usta do baseline runs with my previous bikes prior to tuning and/or modding?...i've grown to just not care anymore about such intel gathering as the bottomline will always be a high quality torque curve which i've found over the years seems to suite my road racing riding style best...sans any peaky/dippy, bog/surge sorta throttle response..just smooth predicatable power and gobs of it....as in the crews i hang with?..peak numbers are just braggarts rights at the bench racing tables.
biggrin.gif

don't be afraid...just getcher baby tuned...for torque.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Back