Note to Self Do the Kickstand Mod

sroos

Registered
Well my bike fell of the kickstand at Eureka Springs while assisting a downed rider, forgot to stick the thing in gear before I took of running. Just as we lifted the bike off the down rider my Busa took a splash on the left side. No less than $1200 for all the left side plastic. Now the fun part. After pulling off all the plastic today today now I have a valid use for my snap together model skills I acquired as a youth. This Busa is one big snap together model! And now I know what the Japanese engineers did for a hobby growing up! Anyhow I have now reminded myself why it is important to due the $1200Kickstand Mod! Also I will be having a sale for all the left side plastic including the piece that holds the windshield and the turn signal on the left side. Plastic is only scratched with no cracks or brokens clips. PM me if inerested and I can haul to the fall bash. :beerchug:

For those that were at the fall bash in 08, this happened to me when I ran to Omar...

Omg dude.. get a stator cover.. I dropped mine on the cover.. only hit the cover and bar end..

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Just curious...were your bikes level and flat? I'm thinking the only reason why it would fall is if the bike was on a downward slope.

I bought a 2007 with 3,300 miles for $5000 because the prevous owner had the bike fall off the stand and scratched up the fiarings and stator cover. I had the bike fall off the stand and push me up against my gsxr 1000 and the gixxer got pushed up against my baja bug, No damage on that incident. After that I did some searching and found out about the side stand mod and removed the stand and did the mod, Works great now. I also want to add a center stand.

Just curious...were your bikes level and flat? I'm thinking the only reason why it would fall is if the bike was on a downward slope.

No the guy crashed on a down hill corner. I asked him to crash on level ground. Darn Yamaha guys just don't seem to listen:rofl:

Back