PLEASE...DO THE KICKSTAND MOD

Tufbusa
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.82

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I'm missing something here? I'm on my third busa and have never had a problem with the kickstand. What exactly does the kickstand mod do? If you park it on a flat surface, how does it fall over sometime later? Are you sure it's not the result of a jealous girlfriend giving it a push?[/QUOTE]  

Must not have read Murphy's Law on gravity.
tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107325499 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

Yeah... someone please tell me about this too. I have the same qurey as tufbusa, only thing is I have not owned 3 busas
tounge.gif

Tufbusa
Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess I'm missing something here? I'm on my third busa and have never had a problem with the kickstand. What exactly does the kickstand mod do? If you park it on a flat surface, how does it fall over sometime later? Are you sure it's not the result of a jealous girlfriend giving it a push?

tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, you don't know either?

umnik.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

What do you all think of replacing the kickstand with an adjustable one?

I can get and do the dremel mod when mine gets here. Just posing a question.... ?
thx.
I got the 169 billet kickstand from Schnitz racing. It is adjustable and it allows the bike to lean pretty good. Also if you lower and or extend the swingarm it would be in your best interest to spend the extra $$$.

Tufbusa Posted on Feb. 02 2005,06:38
Quote (Rhythm @ Feb. 01 2005,22:22)
Tufbusa
Rookie

I guess I'm missing something here? I'm on my third busa and have never had a problem with the kickstand. What exactly does the kickstand mod do? If you park it on a flat surface, how does it fall over sometime later? Are you sure it's not the result of a jealous girlfriend giving it a push?

www.XeonKing.com contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

[/QUOTE]
Yep ! I'm a pretty stupid individual when it comes to most shiat but I do know what goes up must come down.

laugh.gif

Murphy Law's

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107328875 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

so its what, 1/8 off the stand where the yellow dots are? I havent done it either but I will when I get some time before she gets back on the road
cool.gif

That really sucks! I did the kick stand mod this weekend, because I had my Busa at the dealers and the wind changed direction and almost blew it over (and yes I had it park so the wind would push it toward the kick stand). It made my eyes almost pop out of my head. I went home and did the mod in 10 min. with a dremel grinder. Now it leans a bit more, and it takes more to tip it over.

Hey Zuke, this photo was taken by ICEMANN I believe, but all that you need to do is remove material away from the kickstand where it hits the stop plate. Its basically a personal judgement call but it should be around what you just quoted. When doing mine I just took my time removing as little metal as possible each time while in between with the bike on its side . Just dont remove too much.

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107330978 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

That really sucks!  I did the kick stand mod this weekend, because I had my Busa at the dealers and the wind changed direction and almost blew it over (and yes I had it park so the wind would push it toward the kick stand).  It made my eyes almost pop out of my head.  I went home and did the mod in 10 min. with a dremel grinder.  Now it leans a bit more, and it takes more to tip it over[/QUOTE].

Exactly !

I can almost bet ya it was parked on a level surface when it happened.

uploaded_banner.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107330490 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me 2 days after the new paint!!! The frame sliders paid for themselves that day. Not even one scratch.I'm the dumb ass, parked in a decline in nuetral!LOL Wasnt thinking!
mad.gif

NJ, saw a complete set of fairings that a paint job similar to yours on eBay the other day and got a little afraid. I am still trying to get back over to see you before I head back to the States. Tell the wife hello for me!

It doesn't get to windy in Denver most of the time, but one day it was pretty windy and I had parked my 03 R6 on the street downtown, level surface, in gear, wheel locked and the wind still blew it over, and it leans quite a bit more on the stock kickstand than the Busa.

PARK THE BIKE IN GEAR, RELEASE THE CLUTCH AND PUSH IT THAT LITTLE EXTRA TO MAKE SURE IT WON'T MOVE FORWARD WHEN YOU WALK AWAY, THEN SET IT ON THE KICK STAND!
wink.gif

I always thought this was common bike knowledge!?!?!
rock.gif

Also folks, leave your bike in gear, and roll it forward until you have taken out all of the slack. Then your bike cannot roll forward any more and your good to go!

I modded my kickstand, took 10 minutes, just adds a little cushion. But really roll it forward and pay attention...
thumbs-up.gif

Cause yeah... It's fuggin expensive if it falls...

Tufbusa Posted on Feb. 02 2005,06:38
Quote (Rhythm @ Feb. 01 2005,22:22)
Tufbusa
Rookie

www.XeonKing.com contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits.

Yep ! I'm a pretty stupid individual

laugh.gif

Murphy Law's

uploaded_banner.jpg

[/b]</span>[/url]contact Rhythm or KS-WaterBug for password to recieve group discount price on HID kits
smile.gif
[/QUOTE]
Well,,,,,,, at least you are honest!
Maybe not to bright, but honest!
I like honest!
tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

I wish Suzuki would copy Harley for a change. Since 1999 their kickstands have a locking pin so the bike can't roll forward and fall down. I push mine around the garage all the time with it leaning on the stand with no worries. If I can figure out a cheap way to accomplish this with the Busa I'll share. In the meantime I'm gonna get the grinder out and get to notching!

Go ahead, yell at me...I still haven't done that mod and my Busa's been lowered 2 inches in the front and rear...

I'm always tugging at it after I park it and put the stand down. It's always parked in gear, but I still tug and pull before walking away to make sure it's stable...

I know, I know...do the mod...
blush.gif

Go ahead, yell at me...I still haven't done that mod and my Busa's been lowered 2 inches in the front and rear...

I'm always tugging at it after I park it and put the stand down.  It's always parked in gear, but I still tug and pull before walking away to make sure it's stable...

I know, I know...do the mod...  [/QUOTE]With Caesar being so low to the ground he'll just roll over and wait for ya to scratch his tummy and pick'm back up 
tounge.gif

uploaded_banner.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107469587 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

Back