D@mn! Another kickstand failure! @^#$*!

in the kick stand mod thread, I didn't see an answer for the people that asked about the GenII's.
Did Suzuki fix this in the new model?
I've got an 08 and a Dremel...
Not going to do it if I don't need it.
What say ye?

So I rode the bike into work today. Went out to lunch and came back to a near disaster. Fortunately nothing worse than a little scuffed plastic. But it makes me mad as h3ll because I can't say I wasn't warned. No, I did not do the kickstand mod to this bike, but I sure will now!

Yeah, I scuffed up the plastic when I grabbed the front brakes at a stop with the wheel turned. Now, I have frame sliders. Still haven't spent $500 for that piece of plastic.

in the kick stand mod thread, I didn't see an answer for the people that asked about the GenII's.
Did Suzuki fix this in the new model?
I've got an 08 and a Dremel...
Not going to do it if I don't need it.
What say ye?

Bueller?....... Bueller?.......Bueller?

I find that if you put a toothpick in front of the rear wheel that will keep it from rolling!:laugh:

On the really small scale models the kickstand isn't to scale at all and would translate to about the size of a baseball bat if at 100%. The biggest danger with these monster kickstands is the bike flopping over onto the RIGHT side not the left. I also have a display with a 916 facing the Xerox Corser bike and the 916 falls over weekly as we are relying on a pencil sharpener to hold it up as the sidestand disappeared years ago.:whistle:

Ya got me. It even took me a second after viewing the picture. :rofl: Dee De Deee

Back