PLEASE...DO THE KICKSTAND MOD

wizeguy

Registered
It happened to me today. My 05 black and silver hit the pavement today. Somehow while I was inside for lunch...it rolled off its kickstand. I heard it hit and when I went outside, my worst fear was confirmed.

I immediatley called the insurance company and they came out and appraised it. 1900 bucks worth of damage, all cosmetic. All this because I did not take 20 minutes to perform a simple modification.

Ill post pics of the damage when I get a chance. Now, excuse me while I go PUKE!

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. I did mine when I got all of my stuff chromed, mine is lowered 1.5"'s so that would for sure happen.

Did you have your front wheel turned and locked?

I have an 04 and I haven't done the kickstand mod...but I figure if I got that front wheel turned and locked (like I do everytime I get off it) then I have no worries. Should I be worried?

Ouch
cussing.gif

post-6-71142-kickmod.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
jay21112
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you have your front wheel turned and locked?

I have an 04 and I haven't done the kickstand mod...but I figure if I got that front wheel turned and locked (like I do everytime I get off it) then I have no worries. Should I be worried?

idea.gif
Good advice, Jay, but this will only work when the bike is off and in gear. Dont ask how I know
tounge.gif

YES YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED

EVERYONE HERE THAT HAS HAD TO PICK THAT BEAST UP THOUGHT THEY DIDNT NEED TO DO THE MOD. "WE" ALL FELT THAT TURNING THE WHEEL WAS ENUFF. "WE" ALL THOUGHT IT COULDNT HAPPEN TO US BECAUSE "I" DO THIS AND THIS AND THAT TO PREVENT IT...

THERE IS NO SOUND IN THE WORLD THAT CAUSES YOUR HEART TO ACHE IN DISBELIEF THAN THAT OF THE BUSA HITTING THE PAVEMENT!..

DO THE MOD. $1900.00 yours was cheap. What will that do for your insurance now?

Mine was parked front wheen into a corner. When mine fell it scrapped up one side as it fell down the other scootching backwards away from the corner because of the weight of the bike. BOTH SIDE PANELS, FRONT FENDER, LEFT MIRROR SCRAPED AND BROKE, RIGHT MIRROR BROKE, RIGHT MUFFLER, TAIL SECTION, DENT IN GAS TANK. Most people break off the lever too! 1/2 break an engine case cover. I had to have my frame polished due to a small chip in the verticle part of the frame that I didnt like.

SO PLEASE DO THE DAYUMMMMM MOD!

jd

Man that sucks Bro. I'm very sorry to hear that this happened to your Busa.

If you had a pair of $80 frame slider on you would have only recieved minor or no damage at all. So do yourself and the bike a favor and put a pair of frame slider on for additional cheap insurance to protect yourself from a future slow speed spill in the driveway or on the road.

uploaded_banner.jpg

I haven't done the mod to my 04 either. I guess I better take the time and do this cheap mod before it turns into being a very expensive mod.

Yes you need to worry. Too many of us have had this happen for others not to pay attention when we complain about it and advise them to get this mod done now. If you don't have a dremel go to friggin WallyWorld and get one for $24.99 to save a whole helluva lot more. Git-R-Dun!

acutally the dremel at wal mart is 34.99 with 5 accs. just bought one last weekend.
cool.gif

Say after me:

I must do the kickstand mod
I must fit frame sliders
I am not made of money
'Busa plastic is expensive

Now repeat this a hundred times.

What do you all think of replacing the kickstand with an adjustable one?

I can get and do the dremel mod when mine gets here. Just posing a question.... ?
thx.

I guess I'm missing something here? I'm on my third busa and have never had a problem with the kickstand. What exactly does the kickstand mod do? If you park it on a flat surface, how does it fall over sometime later? Are you sure it's not the result of a jealous girlfriend giving it a push?

Back