Not to start trouble

Now who's racist......... who is going to believe that an attempt to drown the black part of New Orleans was a government plot?

Louis Farrakhan: Levees Were 'Blown Up'

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan is telling his followers that the levees in New Orleans may have been deliberately "blown up" to kill the city's black population.

The influential preacher was in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday, where he detailed his Hurricane Katrina conspiracy theory.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach," Farrakhan explained. "It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."

Farrakhan didn't say who he thought was behind the plot to blow up New Orleans' levees.

The Muslim minister also blasted both FEMA and the Red Cross, saying their response to Katrina victims after the levees were blown up was inadequate.
That is just one person's opinion. Should I quote Bill O'Reilly...I don't understand that point you are trying to make!

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127235819 -->

Cuffee, you tell me what I can do to help the victims above and beyond what I have already done...... Monetary donations already sent... We packed up clothes to send, what else would you like me to do? At some point the crisis is over and its time to go back and review. I am in a state closer the the victims and there is nothing else I can do to assist. So it is time for me to evaluate and make decisions on who I vote for and to build a foundation to determine who is to blame.... While some would sit by and just point fingers I will vote and attempt to convince others of my beliefs so they too will walk with me......

Your comment about the failure in Iraq is interesting though, who decides if it is a failure or not? It's a war, people die.... More citizens have died in the US to drunk drivers in the past 3 months than soldiers in the Iraq war... I dont see a lot of concerns about life in the US. The new Iraq government is beginning to stand on its own and as it does we will have the ability to begin withdrawing troops. Look at the big picture and then tell me what you would have done differently... Would you have just waited for us to be attacked again on our own soil?
rock.gif
??

CAP

Your comment about the failure in Iraq is interesting though, who decides if it is a failure or not? It's a war, people die.... More citizens have died in the US to drunk drivers in the past 3 months than soldiers in the Iraq war... I dont see a lot of concerns about life in the US. The new Iraq government is beginning to stand on its own and as it does we will have the ability to begin withdrawing troops. Look at the big picture and then tell me what you would have done differently... Would you have just waited for us to be attacked again on our own soil???
[/QUOTE]

We need to stop fuggn around with people (other countries)and being instigators and take care of our own !

Rythm do you think that in this time and place with communications and travel that you can just come back to the US and all will be Okay... Most of the Middle East hate the US and they preach killing and death of the US to their children. Do you think that you can close the borders? Do you think that if we brought every person back to the US that we would be safe... Are YOU willing to stop all trade with other countries, are you willing to drill in the gulf or Anwar for oil? What sacrifices are you willing to make to assure that our country men are not brutally attacked and killed on our own soil? Are you willing to give up some up your personal freedoms to allow law enforcement and military to find the terrorist that are mixed in our communities? I doubt you like most are not willing to give up those freedoms that have been offered to us as a right and privaledge. If there is going to be a war lets have it on our terms on their soil not ours.

CAP

Anyways instead of pointing your finger to blame someone...how about lifting a finger to help the victims of this terrible tragedy.
You have no idea if or how much people on this board have helped the victims of this tragedy.

Just because people express their opinions doesn't mean they aren't helping the victims in need.

This board has some of the most generous people I know...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127238337 -->

I doubt you like most are not willing to give up those freedoms that have been offered to us as a right and privaledge. If there is going to be a war lets have it on our terms on their soil not ours.[/QUOTE]

You dayum right, I'm not going let some ass hole Politician start some ####, while he steps back and let me get my ass kick'd or killed over some shid he instigated for personal gain.  

Wars are started over money, Playa, dont get that confused with the #### U'r told or brain washed to believed !

I did my time putting my life on the line serving my country and woke up to smell bullshid while doing so.  Don't give me a this gun hole speech, Capt.  A real soldier will try to avoid conflict, aleast the smart ones do.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127239221 -->

Cuffee, you tell me what I can do to help the victims above and beyond what I have already done...... Monetary donations already sent... We packed up clothes to send, what else would you like me to do? At some point the crisis is over and its time to go back and review. I am in a state closer the the victims and there is nothing else I can do to assist. So it is time for me to evaluate and make decisions on who I vote for and to build a foundation to determine who is to blame.... While some would sit by and just point fingers I will vote and attempt to convince others of my beliefs so they too will walk with me......

Your comment about the failure in Iraq is interesting though, who decides if it is a failure or not? It's a war, people die.... More citizens have died in the US to drunk drivers in the past 3 months than soldiers in the Iraq war... I dont see a lot of concerns about life in the US. The new Iraq government is beginning to stand on its own and as it does we will have the ability to begin withdrawing troops. Look at the big picture and then tell me what you would have done differently... Would you have just waited for us to be attacked again on our own soil?
rock.gif
??

CAP
Right on Cap! DITTO.
thumbs-up.gif

we do need to focus more attention on our homeland issues however Capt makes a point.... we have taken the fight to the bad guys, on *THEIR* land not ours.  The military is there to protect this country, my best friend spend almost 2yrs in Iraq and has told me HORROR stories about things he saw and had to do.... he also in the same breath told me that its absolutely the right thing to be doing.  Have you seen any attacks on US soil since the war started?  I dont agree with everything that is going on and wish our troops were home but folks need to support the country, troops and the victims of the hurricane without all the beotchin.    

Fingers will be pointed, I honestly agree with what I read in that article, the local goverment definately failed the residents....could they have prevented everything, hell no, but could they have minimized some of the hurt, pain and death, yes I think they could have.  And now with the recovery, well it started slow and is making progress.  I just hope this new hurricane stears clear of that area
sad.gif

rock.gif
??

CAP
Wasn't referring to you or any members that have "lifted a finger". I am referring to people (members or not) who are quick to blame and didn't do anything to help! Or are not doing anything to help with relief efforts.

I find it absurb that people are writing articles, discussing who to blame, etc., when survivors are homeless, families are broken up...I can go on and on.

Hopefully you understand my point.

Regarding Iraq....I would never invaded Iraq. We spent over 92 billion dollars to fund the war in Iraq and the operations in Afghanistan. 1904 of our soldiers have died in Iraq for what? Just read this latest article, http://www.usatoday.com/news...._x.htm, and you tell me was it worth it.

Cap, tell me what country will we invade next that doesn't share democratic views? China? North Korea? Iran?

<!--EDIT|Cuffee
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127240306 -->

Now who's racist......... who is going to believe that an attempt to drown the black part of New Orleans was a government plot?

Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan is telling his followers that the levees in New Orleans may have been deliberately "blown up" to kill the city's black population.

The influential preacher was in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Monday, where he detailed his Hurricane Katrina conspiracy theory.

"I heard from a very reliable source who saw a 25 foot deep crater under the levee breach," Farrakhan explained. "It may have been blown up to destroy the black part of town and keep the white part dry."

Farrakhan didn't say who he thought was behind the plot to blow up New Orleans' levees.

The Muslim minister also blasted both FEMA and the Red Cross, saying their response to Katrina victims after the levees were blown up was inadequate.
That is just one person's opinion. Should I quote Bill O'Reilly...I don't understand that point you are trying to make!
Apparently you do not work for the government so you are clueless and any comments in regards to the president "failing" is based solely on your lack of knowledge of the situation.

Let me put this in as simple terms as possible.

The entire world wanted a regime change, Saddam was a threat to everyone including his neighbors.

He was working he way around the so called food for oil program, which by the way people were making money off of.

We did what we had to do. We are pretty much the supreme power currently.

After the fact pretty much all countries have agreed it was the best choice.

Now the only option left is to we pull out now or stay to see the job through?

Iraq cannot currently defend themselves against the insurgency. We cannot pull out until Iraq can handle their own backyard.

Now, you tell me what would happen in Iraq if we pulled ALL of our troops out tomorrow?

If you have any clue at all you would realize the current Iraq government that the Irqai people want would crumble and you would have people worse than Saddam taking over.

So then what? I tell you what, every life that has been lost to this point would be meaningless.

Further more there are laws of war that ALL countries abide by. If you kick the crap out of a country you are obligated to help rebuild it until the country can once again defend itself.

You think we as the United States are catching grief now. I guarantee you if we pulled our troops out Iraq would fall into compete and utter chaos.

Bottom line, we are committed and there is no backing out.

And I can also tell you that since I have over 18 years working for the department of defense, I can assure you we did what had to be done. And unless you have the years of government service I have working for the department of defense and unless you posses the security clearances I posses, it is highly doubtful you possess the information I posses on this subject. Which puts me in a better position to make sound judgment calls as to what should have been done, what should not have been done.

Not saying I am always right. Just stating the fact I have more information to work with to base my decisions on than you and most others have

The only problem I currently have is I think the president could be doing a better job at us not getting raped at the pumps. I think the president and our current administration is screwing us and that there maybe possible corruption at upper levels driving the fuel prices.

So all I can say to that is no one is perfect, with everyone person you have to take the good with the bad. So I think the president is handling the Iraq situation better than anyone else could and I think he is totally failing the American people when it comes to the fuel issue.

However I don’t know hardly anything about the entire petroleum industry so I am basing my concerns on little knowledge.

Like I said, I don’t know everything.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127240348 -->

Apparently you do not work for the government so you are clueless and any comments in regards to the president "failing" is based solely on your lack of knowledge of the situation.

Let me put this in as simple terms as possible.

The entire world wanted a regime change, Saddam was a threat to everyone including his neighbors.

He was working he way around the so called food for oil program, which by the way people were making money off of.

We did what we had to do. We are pretty much the supreme power currently.

After the fact pretty much all countries have agreed it was the best choice.

Now the only option left is to we pull out now or stay to see the job through?

Iraq cannot currently defend themselves against the insurgency. We cannot pull out until Iraq can handle their own backyard.

Now, you tell me what would happen in Iraq if we pulled ALL of our troops out tomorrow?

If you have any clue at all you would realize the current Iraq government that the Irqai people want would crumble and you would have people worse than Saddam taking over.

So then what? I tell you what, every life that has been lost to this point would be meaningless.

Further more there are laws of war that ALL countries abide by. If you kick the crap out of a country you are obligated to help rebuild it until the country can once again defend itself.

You think we as the United States are catching grief now. I guarantee you if we pulled our troops out Iraq would fall into compete and utter chaos.

Bottom line, we are committed and there is no backing out.

And I can also tell you that since I have over 18 years working for the department of defense, I can assure you we did what had to be done. And unless you have the years of government service I have working for the department of defense and unless you posses the security clearances I posses, it is highly doubtful you possess the information I posses on this subject. Which puts me in a better position to make sound judgment calls as to what should have been done, what should not have been done.

Not saying I am always right. Just stating the fact I have more information to work with to base my decisions on than you and most others have

The only problem I currently have is I think the president could be doing a better job at us not getting raped at the pumps. I think the president and our current administration is screwing us and that there maybe possible corruption at upper levels driving the fuel prices.

So all I can say to that is no one is perfect, with everyone person you have to take the good with the bad. So I think the president is handling the Iraq situation better than anyone else could and I think he is totally failing the American people when it comes to the fuel issue.

However I don’t know hardly anything about the entire petroleum industry so I am basing my concerns on little knowledge.

Like I said, I don’t know everything.
Am I to assume that you are focusing your response to me? I will wait for your response before I respond.

Rythm what are you referring to when you say "Our Own" last time I checked our military was in the middle east protecting ALL of the Americans..... If you are going to tell me that we should give the money to the poor I am going to tell you your crazy... It is not our governments responsibility to pay poor people, its not our governments job to provide food and clothing to the poor. That is the job of the citizens of our country, of communities. There is a personal responsibility that has to be taken with every person, man, woman, child..... I am absolutely not wealthy by this worlds standards, I live comfortably, not because the government gave me money, not because I inherited it because I worked my ass off for it. I worked jobs that no one else would take just so I could prove myself to the boss. I sacrificed time away from my family so that I could make a better life for them...... It is not the governments responsibilty to pay for my childrens lunches at school, provide an education for them or even give them medical care... ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE MY RESPONSIBILITY...... I had to sacrifice in the past and not eat lunch so my kids could. The government is there to provide a safe environment for me to be free and take advantage of the opportunities this country provides..... Next time you see someone standing on the corner asking for money offer them a job to mow your yard at minnimum wage and see who takes you up........... People have their priorities all messed up, its not the governments job to raise your 7 kids, (not you specifically) its your job to stop producing them until you can care for them........... There are loads of jobs in the Oklahoma city area, the problem is that no one want to take them. People simply need to get their priorities straight....

CAp

cuffe, i would hope that you would agree that one of the most important ways of helping the ppl is to find the problem and make sure it dosnt happen again. because its too late now the ball was dropped.

cap so i take it you are a ferm believer that we are over there protecting our way of life, and its not a political move for bush. i think we have been fooled again and are being used as a exstension of his political pen, but thats my opinion

I see that the smoke is in your pretty heavy Capt, as we are not on the same page here, Playa. When I said ours I meant all of my American brother and sister rich class, middle class, poor class and every race, but with closed eyes you assumed I was ref to only minorities (black hispanic indian etc. and poor people, I wonder why.
sad.gif

Dude you need to quit over analying everything and keep it simple. War is nothing but an good excuse to make money and gain power.

I'll admit,I'm not the smartest person or even come close to it when it comes to anything , but I do have common sense mixed with quite a bit of experience living on both sides of the fence !

cap so i take it you are a ferm believer that we are over there protecting our way of life, and its not a political move for bush. i think we have been fooled again and are being used as  a exstension of his political pen, but thats my opinion [/QUOTE]

Exactly, theres no differnce between the american people who fall for this line. Getting all pump up, gun ho and ready to die, like those crazy azz  suicide bombers for what ? Because we have to get to them first, what a fuggn line to die for or any other.  
sad.gif

Hey capt who do think supplied them with most of their ammo they're packn over their or made ways for them to have access to getting their hands on them as well with nukes. I bet we had a hand in it ! Maybe thats why we had knowledge they had nukes in IRAQ, but since the shid (nukes) came from America and stamped made in the U.S OF A I guess that scratch that excuse for going to war , right ?  Any excuse will do, just like the oil companies have been doing it to us "(All AMERICAN PEOPLE)".

Back