Only in Bridgeport....

GNBRETT

Registered
half the city has been out of power and the Mayor decides to go on TV and state how the utility companies have been neglecting the largest city in Connecticut by restoring power to the suburbs before city residents.

so the city residents decide to throw bottles and eggs at the workers who were simply trying to do their job and restore power. as a result they all left and said they were not coming back till the Police provide protection. so the city residents had to wait even longer to get their power restored.

its the poorest city in Connecticut and now the tax payers have to pay for cops to baby sit the utility workers so they can do their job. nice going Mayor.....:whistle: what a moron!

Utility workers pelted with eggs after Bridgeport, Conn. mayor blasts provider | Fox News

i always found that being nice to people that were trying to help me worked a lot better :laugh:

Treading lightly here......but......everyone up there had PLENTY of warning before the storm hit. I find it sad to see everyone complaining how there wasn't a FEMA truck in the driveway next day. Like they assume there to be one aid worker for every citizen. I've been thru several hurricanes and I guess it's just the normalcy of them that allows us to deal with it better. Granted there is a vast amount of serious destruction but many don't seem to want to or be able to take care of themselves. To see folks standing in lines waiting to fill gas cans tells me they didn't take this seriously and are now paying the price. A hurricane warning means just that! Get the F ready! We were without power for almost three weeks last time. I kinda got used to the hum of my generator. :)

The only thing that would really suck is these folks are now in the cold whereas we say around sweating.
I do feel sorry for all even the ill prepared ones.

This is why fema doesn't need to exist.

With todays advancements in weather prediction, I feel no pity for those ill prepared.

So, I live up in the NE and not in the hardest hit area but we were without power for 4 days. I loaded up the travel trailer, went to the koa and called it all good. I feel no sympathy for the people up here. They do not know how to manage a crisis...they want to keep doing everything they were doing through it all. You have to make sacrifices. With the dense population up here, power companies have to make a choice. Getting power back to financial district is more important than your house...sorry, it is. I think we should go back to the news clips a few days before and see all the people who said it was all hype and say...ok...you guys are last, good luck.

if i was not prepared....i only have me to blame. boy scouts taught me humility too!!

Treading lightly here......but......everyone up there had PLENTY of warning before the storm hit. I find it sad to see everyone complaining how there wasn't a FEMA truck in the driveway next day. Like they assume there to be one aid worker for every citizen. I've been thru several hurricanes and I guess it's just the normalcy of them that allows us to deal with it better. Granted there is a vast amount of serious destruction but many don't seem to want to or be able to take care of themselves. To see folks standing in lines waiting to fill gas cans tells me they didn't take this seriously and are now paying the price. A hurricane warning means just that! Get the F ready! We were without power for almost three weeks last time. I kinda got used to the hum of my generator. :)

The only thing that would really suck is these folks are now in the cold whereas we say around sweating.
I do feel sorry for all even the ill prepared ones.

I agree with your points about some folks being unprepared. I lived in Palm Beach County for ~25 years and we knew to be prepared with food, water, and gasoline. I personally never worried about a generator only because I didn't want to store it or gasoline. Plus the last few years you became a target since desperate people knew you had a generator. We always kept hurricane supplies and restocked every start of the season. I do have sympathy for folks that had no means to prepare themselves better, mostly children and elderly on fixed incomes. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for people to be prepared better. Did these people forget the Katrina disaster? That was an example of what to expect after a catastrophic disaster. The emergency response has to wait until the storm passes. You have to take care of yourself and not expect the government to supply your every need, regardless of what administration is in office.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

p4inIa154IQXtHdoqRvENU+Xah56wDzMsAVg=_640x360.jpg

How about the Alabama electrical crews that were turned away because they didn't belong to a union? If my power was out I wouldn't care if they belonged to the Micky mouse club...let em help and get the power back on.

The video isn't rolling for me, but if the Mayor feels the power folks are providing unfair service to his community based on their status rather than their need, using TV to motivate fair treatment isn't necessarily a bad thing. Now, if he was calling on citizens to engage in bad/stupid behavior, that's another story.

As anybody that's throwing anything at workers who are trying to help, those folks don't deserve assistance. Right or wrong, when you start trying to harm folks, especially innocent folks, you go to the back of the line at best and you get kicked out of the plan at worst.

Regardless of what the mayor did/didn't say or do, you can't get good people to throw stuff at workers. That's a troubled population to begin with and that's probably part of why they down on the priority list. Nothing gets ya less of what ya want than being a55holes to those that you're asking for help.

most of the ppl acting this way live in and around the housing projects. im not makn excuses for them by any means but its like Katrina. you can tell ppl the world is coming to an end and you have to get out but where are they hell are they gonna go? most em dont have cars and take public transportation to and from where everwhere they go (work, mall, grocery store, doctor, etc...)

inciting people that already have nothing is stupid cause when you have nothing you have nothing to lose. and as always its a few ppl that ruin it for the majority of others and being mayor he shud know that by now.

the mayor was trying to gain political support for what he did and it caused the majority of tax payers to suffer as a result and go even longer without power. those acting up benifit from no power cause the police are stretched thin as it is and crimes of opportunity take place during events like this.

I seen a sign outside so guys house saying "looters will be shot and hung and not necessarily in that order....:nervous::oh:"

and the funny thing about the ppl down in NJ and NY who have been waiting in line to fill up their gas cans or cars at gas stations for 15-20 hrs. is all they have to do is travel an hour or so north to Connecticut to get gas and go back home. there is no wait for gas anywhere around here and never was even right after the storm. some ppl just dont want to leave the little bubble they live in.

I seen on TV yesterday one guy was waiting to get gas for 20 staight hrs.:whistle: whatever.

Back