not impressed by the zx-14

sportcustoms71

Registered
not trying to ditch on the zx-14, but saw it today close up for the first time and i really was not impressed. the wife said the front looks like spider eyes haha. the biggest turn off about the bike beside the weird fins on the side was that the bike did not have a rear seat. one of the biggest joys of having the busa is being to enjoy the long 6 hour plus rides with the one i love. I'll take my busa any day over that thing, but each to their own and not trying to start an argument with anyone that owns one. An opinion is like an arse hole, everyone has one.

Dunno what bike you where looking at but both my buddies ZX14's have passenger seats and pegs. ??? Musta been someone's custom seat....

14 does have a rear seat its just needs to be switched out like the Busa does its hump

But she is right about the front, FUGLY

===================================================================

C14_Seat_001a.jpg

tn_ZX14_FULL-2.jpg

^^^only a matter of opinion, I don't like the @$$ feel of my buddies bikes at all and their power band b!0#$ too :moon:

I wouldn't mind having one, love the customs. I wish mine shifted like everyone that has a 14 says theirs does ?

14 does have a rear seat its just needs to be switched out like the Busa does its hump

But she is right about the front, FUGLY

===================================================================

ok, got yeah on the hump, must have been custom....but yeah that thing was ugly...

what makes a more comfortable ride?

i love the look of the 14. i finally got to see the orange/black in person yesterday and it looks real sharp. i'd love to add that one next to my girl. :beerchug: i agree on the mono seat look. it's ugly.

I'm sure the folks on the 14 forums say the same things about us.:laugh:
I don't find the 14 to be particularly offensive in any way. Probably won't buy one, but don't mind them.

They make a cover to replace the stupid fins. When you trick it out, I think it looks pretty good. But who wants to have to buy a bike that needs alteration before it looks decent?

zx14.jpg

I'm sure the folks on the 14 forums say the same things about us.:laugh:

So do the R6 forums :rofl:

They say the 14 is less aerodynamic than the Busa. The Busa runs into a brick wall of air about 250mph but I believe the 14 hits it around 230 or so...makes it a lot harder to go faster than that.

I'd like to just be able to see 230~!~ :bowdown:

I traded bikes with my bud once for a day of ridin and the 14 is silky smooth with lots of power. Stock pipes were very quiet. I liked it a lot but like my 06 bus better.

The busa does look better... :thumbsup:

Yeah imo the busa is better rounded than the 14. Its not going to be comfortable for everything because the ergonomics are based on average height so it needs to be adjusted to each individual. Im very comfortable on the busa and im 5'10" I could use a little lower pegs or height on the seat and it would be perfect

I'm a motorcycle tramp, I'll take one and ride the daylights out of it..!! :laugh:
Not that I'd give up the Big Girl for it, but I still like the 14 and wouldn't mind having one in the stable..!!

Back