No power to fuel pump

Joshmc628

Registered
05 Hayabusa. Was out for a ride when my bike started bogging down. After a few minutes the engine shut off. When I turned the key I could not hear the pump priming so I got a tow home. I pulled out my multimeter and tested everywhere dealing with the pump. I’m not getting power at the pump harness or the fuel pump relay. I’ve tried new fuses and and new pump relay. I also tried my buddy’s 2007 ecu, ignition switch, tip over sensor as well as bypassing the kickstand sensor. At this point I’ve exhausted all my knowledge so any insight is appreciated!

This seems to be an extension of these initial problem that you reported, yes? What has transpired between the last post of the above thread and this recent ride? The kill switch is in the ON position?
Well my bike was fine for months after that post but now I’m having a new issue since yesterday. Kill switch is on and flicking it doesn’t make relay click or anything

Battery fully charged? Load tested? (Although retail store employee load testing provides a gamble of a result, but it is free and easy.)

Bike has to be either in neutral or have the clutch pulled in for the pump to prime when the key and kill switch are in the on position.

Given that you had this issue before, (or a very similar one at least) I'd check there first.

Bike has to be either in neutral or have the clutch pulled in for the pump to prime when the key and kill switch are in the on position.

Given that you had this issue before, (or a very similar one at least) I'd check there first.

I'm having deja vu...:crazy:

Rubb.

Tried it with the kickstand up and clutch pulled in but still no prime. tried it while in neutral and in 1st gear but no luck.

Okay. Have you put power directly to the pump?
Good question. Yesterday I put power directly to the pump and it still didn’t turn on.i swapped out the fuel pump and it now gets power direct at pump which means my old pump must of went bad. Only problem is there’s no power going through the harness clip. Wondering if something else got damaged when my fuel pump went out.

27173ED2-1142-498A-81A8-98F76071F1C0.jpeg

Only way I get voltage to the fuel pump clip is by bridging the fuel pump relay clip like this. It’s a constant 12v not the 3 second prime, I have lots of spare relays but none of them seem to be clicking/working.

Last edited:
Check if there's a fuel pump fuse as well as relay. I can't remember off the top of my head.
Yup changed out both the fuse and relay no luck. At this point I’ve tried everything I can think of: borrowed friend’s ecu, ignition, killswitch, tip over sensor, and fuel pump relay as well as bypassing the kickstand sensor. I’m starting to think it’s something in the harness so I may just start tracing wires down. Now I just gotta find a wiring diagram

Yup changed out both the fuse and relay no luck. At this point I’ve tried everything I can think of: borrowed friend’s ecu, ignition, killswitch, tip over sensor, and fuel pump relay as well as bypassing the kickstand sensor. I’m starting to think it’s something in the harness so I may just start tracing wires down. Now I just gotta find a wiring diagram
Dead man tether on the bike?

Back