Fuel pump not coming on

nobbylon

Registered
help please from Gen 1 owners. Bike stood for 14 years, only 2800 miles. Diagnosed fuel pump not working, external pump 2000 model. Fitted a new pump and it spins up when connected direct to a 12 v source. Connect multimeter to connector plug from loom and with ignition on and right hand switch pressed the circuit goes open loop for a few secs and then back to 0v. Ecu clicks with right hand switch but no click from relay at front left of fairing. Fuel fuse (no2 rhs) is good. Should the pump relay at front of bike click?
Also bypassed alarm datatool and bridged 1 and 2 and 5 and 6 on the 6 pin. Any advice greatly apreciated, john

I’ve actually junked the alarm now. It was plugged in between 2 looms at the front and a loom went between the injectors and pump. With everything removed it’s back to standard wiring and still no power to the pump. Tip switch tomorrow and then I’ll trace wires back from colour codes. Anything else I should look at? As above, does the relay normally click at the front left of bike?

An update that may help others. With the alarm now removed I checked relays, fuses etc and finally found the problem. It was the kickstand switch. Traced the wire up the left side of the frame, bridged the connector and away the bike went.

An update that may help others. With the alarm now removed I checked relays, fuses etc and finally found the problem. It was the kickstand switch. Traced the wire up the left side of the frame, bridged the connector and away the bike went.

the 10 000nd time - the sidestand switch - it is an cursed piece and causes again and agin lots of issues

very 1st - a non-buzzing pump when ignition is switched on

Back