No job = tax refund?

its those rich people that pay for everything.

its the middle, and lower class that use everything.

rich people pay more into the system, and truly use less.

poor pay people pay little, and get lots......middle class gets a fair shake.
I DO HOPE You're Kidding. If not, Try being a former middle class now in the poverty income bracket.

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you must have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source and meet certain rules. In addition, you must either meet the additional rules for Workers without a Qualifying Child or have a child that meets all the Qualifying Child Rules for you.

EITC Home Page--It?s easier than ever to find out if you qualify for EITC

I thought that was understood. Its the huge credit you get in some case more than your liability, so you get all you paid and then some back. Doesn't seem right to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I thought that was understood. Its the huge credit you get in some case more than your liability, so you get all you paid and then some back. Doesn't seem right to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

The point is to offset child care costs while you are working so if you have a low paying job and a substancial portion of you income goes to child care how do you ever get ahead? Also it is far from huge, $5657.00 is the max with 3 or more qualifying children.

But the discussion was started based on the notion that if you had no income you still qualify and get a refund. That is not true.

Last edited:
Don't have so many kids you can't afford it?

5k isn't a large amount of money to you? Esp if you paid in 4k and you get back 5.6k + your child tax credits? Doesn't seem right at all to me. Give back all they paid what entitles them to get more back than they paid. If I pay sales tax and realize I can't or shouldn't have an item and return should I get back more than I paid. Its not right and why we are in the crapper now. Handouts on top of handouts on top of handouts across the board and outside of our countries boundaries.
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't have so many kids you can't afford it?

5k isn't a large amount of money to you? Esp if you paid in 4k and you get back 5.6k + your child tax credits? Doesn't seem right at all to me. Give back all they paid what entitles them to get more back than they paid. If I pay sales tax and realize I can't or shouldn't have an item and return should I get back more than I paid. Its not right and why we are in the crapper now. Handouts on top of handouts on top of handouts across the board and outside of our countries boundaries.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, 5K in terms of a tax credit for someone who makes less than 43K a year trying to raise 3 kids is not that big a deal to me.

We have members who have lost their jobs and are supporting their kids, are you telling them they should not have had their kids in the first place?

I haven't posted in a while, but saw this and couldn't resist sharing.

I have an employee. He has 6 kids. His wife does not work. He only worked for me for part of the year. He made approx $18K. He claims 13 deductions so his with-holdings are minimal. He did not work at all prior to starting for me. He get assistance in the form of foodstamps. He refused to accept teh compnay offered insurance since he gets free medical assitance as well.

He just received his $9K refund check in the mail.

Blows my mind. I pay taxes until my butt hurts, yet he gets back twice as much.

I haven't posted in a while, but saw this and couldn't resist sharing.

I have an employee. He has 6 kids. His wife does not work. He only worked for me for part of the year. He made approx $18K. He claims 13 deductions so his with-holdings are minimal. He did not work at all prior to starting for me. He get assistance in the form of foodstamps. He refused to accept teh compnay offered insurance since he gets free medical assitance as well.

He just received his $9K refund check in the mail.

Blows my mind. I pay taxes until my butt hurts, yet he gets back twice as much.

He made 18K and is trying to raise 6 kids, with is refund is yearly income was $27,000...

Are you really upset about this?

No, 5K in terms of a tax credit for someone who makes less than 43K a year trying to raise 3 kids is not that big a deal to me.

We have members who have lost their jobs and are supporting their kids, are you telling them they should not have had their kids in the first place?

That's almost 10 percent of their gross income. Lol. How is that not a substantial amount. So a pay cut of 10 percent wouldn't affect a persons bottom line. How much should they get 20 30 heck let's just give everyone the difference between their income and 100k. Or is that not enough either. Everyone cuts their own deal in life and having a bunch of kids is your burden not the countries, at least it should be, that's what I'm saying.

Makes me laugh with tears how people will demonize someone they think makes enough and justify the taxes they pay but if someones wants you to pay your share its all up in arms rioting, I don't make enough and etc. Sorry for your bad luck. But its not my problem you can't sustain your lifestyle. Own up to it and adapt instead of whining and holding your hand out like the banks and detroit did. That was just proposterous wasn't it. Askung for some gov help. lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

He made 18K and is trying to raise 6 kids, with is refund is yearly income was $27,000...

Are you really upset about this?

How is him having 6 kids anyone's problem but his? So by your philosophy we should all have a bunch of kids and milk the system.

I am sure my wife would like to stay home and do nothing but raise our kids. However, she works and contributes.

I'm upset that people get a refund check significantly larger than the taxes they actually paid (and don't tell me they don't, because they do).

I'm upset because these people also get the largest portion of the government's 'assistance' for which I don't qualify (and believe me, I'm not whining they can HAVE IT).

I'm upset because I only had one child, live within my means, pay my debts and taxes on time and in full, and I an NOT rewarded for it. In fact, as of late I'm actually penalized for it.

Dead on skydiver. Sucks if your in the bottom of a higher tax bracket. You'd actually be better of not to take that raise you worked so hard for.
Posted via Mobile Device

this is hilarious....

people complaining about others not paying into the system, yet getting tax returns.

yet somehow don't see that they are doing the same thing....

I'm upset that people get a refund check significantly larger than the taxes they actually paid (and don't tell me they don't, because they do).

I'm upset because these people also get the largest portion of the government's 'assistance' for which I don't qualify (and believe me, I'm not whining they can HAVE IT).

I'm upset because I only had one child, live within my means, pay my debts and taxes on time and in full, and I an NOT rewarded for it. In fact, as of late I'm actually penalized for it.

I agree 100%. That is my complaint as well. I have no problem paying taxes. I just have a problem with my taxes going to those that DON'T EVEN TRY to work as hard as I do.

How is him having 6 kids anyone's problem but his? So by your philosophy we should all have a bunch of kids and milk the system.

I am sure my wife would like to stay home and do nothing but raise our kids. However, she works and contributes.

Who's problem do you think those 6 kids will be if they don't get an education? Or if they get into trouble? The idea is that helping out the parents allows them to help themselves and make it possible for their kids to break the cycle. So we don't have to pay for them.

What are you talking about. People not paying into the system? You don't have a problem with that. I get credits but they are far less than what I make and about a fourth of what I paid in. I paid almost 23k in fed income tax. Doubt ill see half of it. I guess that's the same as paying in 3k and getting 8k in refund. Rrrriiiiggghhhtttt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Who's problem do you think those 6 kids will be if they don't get an education? Or if they get into trouble? The idea is that helping out the parents allows them to help themselves and make it possible for their kids to break the cycle. So we don't have to pay for them.

You're delusional. I made a conscious decision not to have kids until I could afford them. I wanted them when I was in my 20's but knew I could not afford them and that it would be wrong to have them and expect others to foot the bill. I did not have my first kid until I was 35 and my second at 39. I have never asked for a handout or freebie. I have worked long hard hours to make sure that I, not someone else or the government, is supporting my kids.

Following your logic everyone should have as many kids as they can't afford since they are not held responsible for supporting them.

Yea that's awesome. Only problem is free will. You can throw all the money you want and give kids all the oppurtunity but unless they want to change they won't. And seeing their parents get everything handed to them and being irresponsible makes them either go the complete opposite or follow suit. Sadly to say I think more often than not they follow suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're delusional. I made a conscious decision not to have kids until I could afford them. I wanted them when I was in my 20's but knew I could not afford them and that it would be wrong to have them and expect others to foot the bill. I did not have my first kid until I was 35 and my second at 39. I have never asked for a handout or freebie. I have worked long hard hours to make sure that I, not someone else or the government, is supporting my kids.

Following your logic everyone should have as many kids as they can't afford since they are not held responsible for supporting them.

First off personal attacks are not welcome.

Secondly what you did has very little impact on the problem. If we could go back in time maybe that family would not have chosen to have kids, but we can't do that so you have to address the problem at hand. How do you provide for the general welfare of these kids so that they can become productive citizens. Or else they don't become productive and continue to cycle of gov assistance or go to prison, either way it will cost us.

Lastly who says they are not responsible for providing for them?

Yea that's awesome. Only problem is free will. You can throw all the money you want and give kids all the oppurtunity but unless they want to change they won't. And seeing their parents get everything handed to them and being irresponsible makes them either go the complete opposite or follow suit. Sadly to say I think more often than not they follow suit.
Posted via Mobile Device

How wonderful a life they must have on $27,000 a year? I can see why there would be no incentive to do better.

Back