I have a job.

I work, they pay me.

I pay my taxes & the government
Distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to get that paycheck, in my case,
I am required to pass a random urine test
(with which I have no problem).

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes

To people who don't have to pass a urine test.

So, here is my question:
Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check
Because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work.

Can you imagine how much money each state would save
If people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"!:rulez:

Gurrera

I think you will find that most people agree with you but I don’t see this going into effect anytime soon. Each state is looking for ways to cut spending and although you and I see the end result as saving money, the state will look at this as the tests being an upfront additional cost to an already strapped system. I for one am for this. No one knows for sure if this will save the states money until it is implemented… yes it will save them money on the person who fails but who’s to say the cost of the tests for all of the people who pass a drug test doesn’t offset the savings from the druggies. If our government issues this as law they are saying that they believe that most low income families are druggies and they will save money. If they don’t they are saying they don’t care how you spend the free money that they gave out. It’s a catch 22. My mind is telling me to start the program even if it costs us more money. I don’t want to pay for some person to sit at home and get high while my taxes are being wasted on them. That’s said, I would be *****ing if my taxes went up because of the increase spending. Something does need to be done with our Welfare system so we might as well start with urinalysis to determine eligibility.

And how much will it cost to test everyone?

I agree with you but it ain't never gonna happen.

My mind is telling me to start the program even if it costs us more money. I don’t want to pay for some person to sit at home and get high while my taxes are being wasted on them. That’s said, I would be *****ing if my taxes went up because of the increase spending. Something does need to be done with our Welfare system so we might as well start with urinalysis to determine eligibility.

And how much will it cost to test everyone?

You are right, it'll never happen...but it is the principle of the whole idea I would be for. I'd be happy to see it go into affect even if the cost just evens out. Higher taxes would be a .... but it'd be nice to test the idea and get people who are willingly abusing the system while staying hooked to think a little about what THEY have to lose.

Agree completely. What we are doing right now ISN'T WORKING. So how about we try it as a test case and see the results. I volunteer MY STATE to be the test dummy.

Florida passes it where all welfare recipients must submit to urinalysis and it took effect in Feb of 2011 I believe. But then a Federal Judge temporarily blocked the law following a law suit because it possibly violated the 4th amendment. So as i read it if you want free tax payer money no drug test, but if you want to earn your money via a job you get drug tested. :banghead: Huffington Post has a article on it Florida Welfare Drug Testing Law Blocked By Federal Judge

I would surely guess that it will only cost the gov't money for the first year, then it will save them thousands... Just my guess...

It would be a boom for labs. Wonder how much cheating would go on and how long it would take for them to completely cheat the system? Anyway we're on a path to legalize dope , so at that point I wonder what will happen ?

After hearing about this I loved the idea.... But then after thinking about who will control it and where the end up I may not support it.... Here is why... Someone somewhere will fail the test... They will say I need help with my drug problem. The gov. Will say oh your right so here is more money to see someone to help you kick the bad habit. So while you get yourself cleaned up we will pay you both.... Bottom line ... The low life's always seem to find a way to get more money from the gov.

My 2c

Many of these people already know how to work the system and this is why they get what they get.
Finding clean pee is child's play for them.

1ibandit said:
After hearing about this I loved the idea.... But then after thinking about who will control it and where the end up I may not support it.... Here is why... Someone somewhere will fail the test... They will say I need help with my drug problem. The gov. Will say oh your right so here is more money to see someone to help you kick the bad habit. So while you get yourself cleaned up we will pay you both.... Bottom line ... The low life's always seem to find a way to get more money from the gov.

My 2c

Didn't even think of it that way. You are completely correct. :banghead:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It won't cost any more than it already does, You just deduct the fee from their free money and tell them it is for their best welfare.

You do it like any other "real" job. If you get caught you are fired from welfare.

If you come to us before we call you up and tell us you have a problem, we will work with you and monitor you, for real now, and make sure you stay clean or you are fired from welfare.

There should be no excuse for free money and to be on drugs. What's the saying..."Dont get high on your own supply".

I wonder how long it would be before they legalized weed if they started a program like this?

Bottom line is the bottom feeders do nothing all day except spend the tax payers money. They have all the free time in the world to find a way around it. What we need to do is put a time limit on welfair. Lets say a max of 4 years in your life time. If you cant pul your self together in 4 years then sorry for ya. Nothing makes me more angry then standing in line at the grocery store watching a cart full of name brand food get paid for with food stamps, and then to see the same person put a hand full of lottery tickets with cash. Mean while my family is having to pinch pennys and make cut backs so we can put food on the table and pay our bills.

The second thing I would LOVE to see is if you win money in the lottery ( talking like 500 or more) and are on or were on welfair, the tax payers get paid back for what was GIVEN to you before you get a dime. Actualy I would like to see the lottery removed all together, its nothing more then a tax on eople who can not do math.

Bottom line is the bottom feeders do nothing all day except spend the tax payers money. They have all the free time in the world to find a way around it. What we need to do is put a time limit on welfair. Lets say a max of 4 years in your life time. If you cant pul your self together in 4 years then sorry for ya. Nothing makes me more angry then standing in line at the grocery store watching a cart full of name brand food get paid for with food stamps, and then to see the same person put a hand full of lottery tickets with cash. Mean while my family is having to pinch pennys and make cut backs so we can put food on the table and pay our bills.

The second thing I would LOVE to see is if you win money in the lottery ( talking like 500 or more) and are on or were on welfair, the tax payers get paid back for what was GIVEN to you before you get a dime. Actualy I would like to see the lottery removed all together, its nothing more then a tax on eople who can not do math.

Speaking of the whole lottery thing and welfare. I ran across this news story a couple weeks ago. The News Vault - Outgoing Link - $1M Winner Kept Collecting Welfare: 'I Have Bills To Pay' In the jist of things this lady collecting $200 a month in food stamps wins the lotto for 1 million, keeps collecting the food stamps because the state kept sending it to her. And when asked why she says "I feel that it's okay because I mean, I have no income and I have bills to pay," Clayton told the station. "I have two houses... I'm struggling."

I have to take random test, so YES to the welfares to take the test. ABSOLUTLY "If I cant buy cronic then they should'nt as well"

Back