No job = tax refund?

I could agree with this, except who has the right to tell you that except your own conscience? You can't legislate that. Apparently our government thinks $250,000/year is the "how much" tipping point...
I see that they think that, but do not agree.

this is the problem.....you cannot legislate conscience, or morality.
Of course you can legislate morality, sometimes it's the only way to make people do what is right. Ever heard of the Civil Rights Act?

its not your place to tell anyone what to do with thier money.
Saying this indicates to me your narrow frame of mind. The very fact that you consider money made off other people's labor to be "someone's money" shows where your head is. "I made it so I can keep it all even when others need it". The world has seen this mentality many times over. Every civilization that got greedy and stopped taking care of its own poor eventually failed.

guy A make $50k, and has 3 kids......pays $6k in taxes

guy B makes $250k, has 3 kids(in private school) and pays $67k

guy B makes 5x times what guy A does.....yet he pays over 8x times the taxes.
guy B pays $61k more in taxes.

how is this fair?
Your example has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about, but okay......

what is the difference between the guy getting welfare, and guy paying $6k in taxes but getting a refund ? both are getting more than what they put in.
If you can't see the difference between a welfare handout and a tax rebate, we need continue this conversation no further.
Enjoy your day sir, and let me know what color the sky is in your world tomorrow.

How many millionaires do you know that are just stashing their money under a mattress? Most millionaires are reinvesting and churning the economic engine. When these guys buy mansions and yachts, they're contributing to employment of others, who feed their families and pay taxes.
I know absolutely no millionaires personally, so I couldn't tell ya what's under their beds, however I have read many cases where they have hidden wealth offshore, pay no taxes on it, or write off incredible losses in order to pay less. And that's just the ones that got caught!
A lot of the "churning of the economic engine" comes from tax dollars being distributed for projects.

I know quite a few Millionaires, and one Billionaire, the ones I know ALL have one thing in common................................

They all live well below thier means,
I would politely suggest that it is not particularly difficult to live beneath one's means when ones worth is in the millions or billions......
Just sayin......:whistle:

I work with a guy that works at H&R Block part time. He said he filed a return the other night for a guy that paid $14 in federal tax for all of 2009. He got back over $1000, and was pissed off!! It is unreal. :cussing:

Of course you can legislate morality, sometimes it's the only way to make people do what is right. Ever heard of the Civil Rights Act?

no, it only makes discrimination illegal. it does not change a person views or ideals.

Saying this indicates to me your narrow frame of mind. The very fact that you consider money made off other people's labor to be "someone's money" shows where your head is. "I made it so I can keep it all even when others need it". The world has seen this mentality many times over. Every civilization that got greedy and stopped taking care of its own poor eventually failed.

whether you like it or not, you still don't have the right to tell me how to spend my money...no matter how much "extra" i happen to have. the fact is, those with more money actually give more than those with less money. my example shows this.

Your example has absolutely nothing to do with what I was talking about, but okay......

this illustrates quite clearly, and simply that those making more money, pay more into the system

If you can't see the difference between a welfare handout and a tax rebate, we need continue this conversation no further.
Enjoy your day sir, and let me know what color the sky is in your world tomorrow.

all in all the welfare recipient and the guy making $4ok with 3 kids just different shades of grey. both are taking way more than they put into the system, both are being subsidized by the gov. thru taxing of the upper classes.

this clearly shows that:

guy A make $50k, and has 3 kids......pays $6k in taxes

guy B makes $250k, has 3 kids(in private school) and pays $67k

guy B makes 5x times what guy A does.....yet he pays over 8x times the taxes.
guy B pays $61k more in taxes.

i am sorry that some are upset that poor people are taking advantage, but its hypocritical to complain....because most of the country is getting way than they are putting in.....

its just different shades of grey.

I think it's intent that has me and others upset. At least the guy making $40K is trying to support his family. While I still detest the idea that they're getting a bonus for kids, it doesn't irk me nearly as much as people that are living off that bonus.

And Dino knows everything you said to be true. I think he just gets bored when his supply of "medicine" runs low and likes to rant and stir the pot.
You know, may as well stir it if you can't smoke it right?:rofl:

Not sure what part you think I know is true but I do not think MOST people who recieve assistance use it for something other than what it is intended. I do think the 5 or 10% that do use it for something other than what it is inteded get 99% of the press. We just don't hear about the people who get assistance as use it to to pull themselves up and get off it so they can contribute. Why, because who wants to see good news "in the news".

As for the top 5% of income earners in this country, they own 95% of the wealth, and everything they do involves protecting that wealth so you do not get it, and they get more of it. So when you tell me they are investing it or creating more jobs that may be true but they are creating them overseas where the labor is cheaper but the return is higher.

So while it is easy to complain about the poor and attack the poor and judge the poor. The real problem is the very wealthy who control the wealth.

How do people that don't work (and have no inclination to work) get a tax refund? I'm not asking literally...but how can our government and we as a people justify just handing money to people because they have kids? I don't get it? I'm getting penalized because I decided not to have children. Meanwhile, every girl that can't seem to learn how to keep their legs closed seems to be getting $5000.

Where is my $5000 check Unlce Sam?

smells fishy
:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think more like 75% abuse the system and 25% will use it to help them get by while trying to better their quality of life.

Just from the people I know anyway. I'm the only one out of my old running buddies that isn't dead, welfare leach, or in prison. Out of just the 20 I'm the only one that's made it. Own a house. No assistance. 2 of them were my cousins and we lived together. They've had every single oppurtunity I've had.

That doesn't count the people that I know abuse the system and will never do anything else. One of my distant family members has probably never made more than 15k has three kids, one has a rare form of downs syndrome, married an illegal so he could become a citizen divorced once he was and is dating another. Lives in public housing. Gets native benefits as well as state. I could go on on about people I know like this. Some are worse others not so bad. Its the kinda people like I just mentioned that I know get these breaks that enrage me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think it's intent that has me and others upset. At least the guy making $40K is trying to support his family. While I still detest the idea that they're getting a bonus for kids, it doesn't irk me nearly as much as people that are living off that bonus.

i understand that......

i chose not to have kids, i choose not to be married and choose to bust my ass so that i may buy all the toys that i want....

but like i said its all shades of grey...

you, me and others are all paying for people "personal choices". whether it the te welfare mom or the middle class guy with 3 kids. they are all getting more than than they put in.

if somebody steals $100 from you to feed his kids.....is it right?
if somebody steals $500 from you to feed his kids.....is it worse?

reminds me of the thread where everybody was complaining about people not buying american.....while everybody on this site chose to "not buy american".

shades of grey.

I am just gonna quit my job, have a bunch of kids, and start selling drugs!! It seems that this is the only way to get ahead in life. I work and pay my taxes and don't commit any serious crimes and I can never get ahead in life!

As for the top 5% of income earners in this country, they own 95% of the wealth, and everything they do involves protecting that wealth so you do not get it, and they get more of it. .

You are kidding, right? The wealthy (at least those that earned it, not those that were born into it) don't sit around on the tails all day worrying about how to protect their wealth, they are too busy out trying to EARN it. Most are tickled to death if someone else manages to dig themselves out of poverty (as that's one less person they have to support).

Unless you mean that by "protecting" it, they try to keep the government's theiving hands out of it....Let's try it this way. You bought and paid for your Busa, right? You really don't want anyone else riding it....so, how would you feel if every punk squid poseur just decided that he had a right to come over and ride it anytime he wanted to...would't like it, would you?

Last edited:
So True skydvr...:thumbsup:

Whew Craigntx that vidclip is kinda borderline aint it ?:rulez:
Dont know why I cant stop watching it...

Last edited:
Back