NFL's Vick pleads guilty in dog-fighting case

+1...I'm not a fan of pits because the ONLY dog that ever came after me completely unprovoked and bit me was a pit bull...

But, it's your right to own and take care of the dog of your choice...I do think banning them is pretty strict and may be over the top, but I would imagine in a smaller area of the US, with escalated attacks being reported, I can see where lawmakers may jump the gun and just ban the breed...there are two sides to the controversy.  I respect those that defend the breed, and I also have to take in to account those that have owned that breed and did experience pits turning on them.  It does happen for whatever reason and I just hope when it happens, it's not happening to a child.

If I had any neighbors with pit bulls, I'd be scared if they roamed the neighborhood and I'd be first to report my concerns to authorities.  I don't feel that way about any other breed and that fear is based soley on my own personal experiences...

With the Vick case, I see it more as another reminder that dog fighting goes on and that animals do suffer for it...I don't know that pits are coming out of this looking even worse.  I think humans are, but I may be viewing it differently than others...

I don't care if he actually pulled a rope or held a dog under water. If he was there, he's just as much a killer as the others.

The morality of professional sports is sickening. A lot of companies do backgorund checks of new hires for just this reason. But pro sports motto is "Send us your degenerates, your murders, your abusers. We have a home for them. A home with lots of money!"
If they are good, not great, but good. We NEED them to sell tickets. Sooner or later this will bite them in the butt, no reference intended. It might start with Vick, but I doubt it.

I think his career is ruined...even if the NFL lets him play again, it's never going to produce the Michael Vick that could have been...just so stupid; I want to hit him over the head...

Well, he'll never have endorsement contracts. But he'll still get paid more than I will ever make after he gets out of jail.

Only in America....well maybe not only here.

Everybody should be nervous of any dog roaming the street.  Just because it is a pit is no different than a lab if they were raised to fight.  Most of my friends are married with kids, and it is tough when I invite them over to the house.  I always get the look, like "you have a pit" and when I do, I invite them over for a slobbering from the girls.....  Once people meet them it is cool.

I was attacked by a lab when I was 8 years old and they had to reattach a couple muscles in my left arm.  Fact of the matter is it wasn't the dogs fault, it was the owners.

Every time someone gets attacked they say pit bull because no one wants to hear about the Golden retriever attack.  There are statistics I could throw out and I could go on and on, I just wish people would go after the owners, not the dogs.

By the way, mine stay in my house, in my car, or in the shop with me.  They never roam without a leash.

I think that VIK should have the same fate as his dogs.  There should be more strict laws dealing with this.  

Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Punish the deed, not the breed.

Back