NFL's Vick pleads guilty in dog-fighting case

I think Vic's punishment should be exactly what he did to those poor dogs!!! Tie him down, put him in a ring with some starved, scared and abused dogs for 5 minutes and lets see how long he lasts. I bet he would be begging for mercy within the first 10 seconds. Then if he survives lets see if he can still play football. Might be hard with no hands or feet. I think thats a fair way to repay his debt to society. Such a degenerate!!!!!!

My .02

CB

Vick is a very sad example of a stupid person. To have it all and to throw it away because of poor decisions made by "him", not anyone else is stupid. All the money in the world won't make you smarter he is a prime example of that. Another dumb azz doing what people expect anyways.
firedevil.gif

It would be an overstatement to say he's got way mo money than sense!

Lock him up, make him pay, but no more play.
firedevil.gif

Let's see him do a funky end zone dance now!

(GoldenChild @ Aug. 20 2007,16:48) You'll wanna keep it real,Let's ban human fighting......what's the difference?none....human chooses not to fight,their career is over/a dog chooses not to fight his career is over...Who's smarter the dog or the human?Which is more right?
So we should hang or Drown washed up fighters?

Thats what he was doing to the dogs!

I can't believe they (the Sports Commentators) are talking  
argue.gif
about him returning to a team (NOT ATLANTA) in 2010  
wow.gif
. I can't believe that in 3 years (that's 3 years out of the NFL) anyone could compete with the crop now and those coming into the NFL in the next 3 years. Vick WAS good for the type of Offence Atlanta had, but not that good  
beerchug.gif

the concept of dog fighting, rooster fighting, horse raceing, dog racing, they all "abuse" in one form or another and the "sports" have been around for centurys and will not stop just because our overbearing goverment dont get any money from it....it is not something i would participate in or wager in...it is against the law...but i do belive there are considerably more dangerous criminals and crime that are being ignored

piece of sh**. they should do to him what he did to the dogs. maybe he'll run into a true dog lover in jail

(Smoke_Dog @ Aug. 20 2007,17:46) I'm not sticking up for Vick, but let's make the playing field equal! We had Paris, and all sorts of other freaks that no one talks about. Also no Black man has ever been given anything, he has always had to excel!!! and when he did someone else took the credit!  I didn't want to go there, but I had to, to keep it real!  I'm sorry and I hope you guys don't hate me!
I know for certain that I hate all of the celebrity figures that just get away with doing illegal things over and over again, then if they do get time, it's in a posh setting apart from the general population so their nails won't get messed up  
laugh.gif

It's nothing racial at all...it's a guy with money and let's see what he gets for what he did...if this were Joe Blow that lived just off of Main St USA, I assure you the outcome would be different, just like it is for every other rich and famous person that's caught being bad...and remember, this isn't just about dogfighting, he's got charges of racketeering, federal charges that neither you or I could ever get a deal on...

Sorry, but it really is an unwritten rule that if you're famous and in the limelight, you do set examples whether you like that fact or not...some live by those rules and lately, it seems far too many do not...line 'em all up and treat them like the rest of the population...

This really pisses me off... Remember how I posted the video about underground dog fighting?
I think it's totally F'd up because the dogs are FORCED to fight. You can't compare fighting dogs to fighting humans because we can choose to fight or not to fight as a career. It would be like someone getting a girl pregnant and then abusing the kid and "training" him to fight since the day he's born... and to top it off, to kill the kid if he looses a fight... and to top THAT off, to kill him by drowning, hanging, or other slow methods of death. I know it's wrong, but come on, have some f'ing mercy! I understand their point of view (and I know it is wrong!) that they want to breed the "ultimate" dog, so the weak ones shouldnt be reproduced but with all the money thats in it they could at least euthanize the dogs. What they are doing is just brutal and not "human" at ALL! How can people stand there and watch a living thing die before their very eyes...
guns.gif

Guys the issue he is facing is NOT DOG FIGHTING !!! The Feds have him on interstate gambling, TAX issues and are going after the RECO act. Which would take EVERYTHING he has away.  The Dog deal is a minor and the lest of his problems. The Gambling and transporting people across state lines to an illegal Gambling operation is the Biggie here, as it is the MAIN issue with the NFL. Along with his lying to the NFL Commissioner . NOW THAT WAS DUMB  
all_coholic.gif

(Lucky34 @ Aug. 21 2007,15:54) This really pisses me off... Remember how I posted the video about underground dog fighting?
I think it's totally F'd up because the dogs are FORCED to fight. You can't compare fighting dogs to fighting humans because we can choose to fight or not to fight as a career. It would be like someone getting a girl pregnant and then abusing the kid and "training" him to fight since the day he's born... and to top it off, to kill the kid if he looses a fight... and to top THAT off, to kill him by drowning, hanging, or other slow methods of death. I know it's wrong, but come on, have some f'ing mercy! I understand their point of view (and I know it is wrong!) that they want to breed the "ultimate" dog, so the weak ones shouldnt be reproduced but with all the money thats in it they could at least euthanize the dogs. What they are doing is just brutal and not "human" at ALL! How can people stand there and watch a living thing die before their very eyes...  
guns.gif
+1
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

From Yahoo News

"Vick may still face charges in Virginia.

Three Vick associates have pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge and said Vick provided virtually all the gambling and operating funds for the "Bad Newz Kennels" dogfighting enterprise. Two of them also said Vick participated in executing at least eight underperforming dogs, raising the possibility of the animal cruelty charges.

Convictions on eight animal cruelty counts could result in up to 40 years in prison if five-year terms for each count was imposed to run consecutively, but that's seldom done. Each dogfighting count could run the sentence even higher."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 years in jail would be a good start. Unfortunately, money and celebrity status means he's one of the privileged ones who wont have to serve a sentence like a common man would.
rant.gif

guns.gif

I've heard that the dog fighting charges aren't gonna get him in near as much trouble as the racketeering indictment.

That will likely be the case...either way, he's toast and tossed a great career down the tubes...

The thing that makes me the most angry is the fact that becuase of people like him, Pits have a bad name.  In Denver they aproved a ban on Pits and all the nice people that actually registered their dogs, had their dogs taken and euthanized (over 600 helpless dogs that were not fighters).  The people that are actually hurting these animals by training them to be mean are still unpunished.  The city I used to live in, banned them, and when they did, my wife and I moved.

Here are two of the greatest dogs I have ever met.

The black one is Charlie, she was abused for two years by children and has the scars to prove it (she was beaten with a metal pipe).  Now she is the most loving dog in the world and is great with kids. I have had her for 3+ years and she never leaves my side.

The other is Hollywood.  I have pictures of her covered in scabs and unable to stand before I fostered her.  She was to young to remember the bad and she is a great girl also....  

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Both pits. Neither of them fighters</span>.

502414033_60005d4f7c_o.jpg

Sad part is these dogs have a stereotype and unfortunately have cases to prove it.  Nice to know you’re a responsible pet owner.  I'd still run like hell if I saw one coming after me though...

1.jpg

Back