Nfl Fans/ National Anthem Fans....

In re: "Where I grew up, that attitude gets you shot on the back before you can take the first 10 steps. You want to play mr. Tough guy and get loud and disrespectful, guess what.?........ You'll be most likely missing teeth by the time you make it to the police station."

Simply resisting arrest does not warrant shooting anyone nor should it merit a "missing teeth" beat down. Cops should meet force with enough force to overcome what's coming at them, no more. (They) shouldn't be the aggressors and they should not be escalating the situation.
You are correct. I'm not saying the cop's behavior I just described is the right way, but Like I said, it just amazes me what people do and get away with. I always say props to people that choose the law enforcement carrier, I know I couldn't do that job. I don't have the patience.

#7 he's a piece of crap...you know what "NFL" stands for? Not For Long...

There will always be some form of hate in the world. Racism is alive and well in America. It's not about what color
your skin is, or what God you believe in, or where your from...it's about respect, or the lack of respect.

I'm an old, white, Navy vet, and I have nothing to fear from the police.

But if you don't think that every young black guy in this country doesn't have a legit reason to fear the police, then you haven't been paying attention. Pretending that there is no race problem in this country doesn't change the fact that there still is.

I don't think this particular guy is necessarily the best or the smartest person to start that conversation, but he has every right to try.

Oh, I think there is one, but I don't think burning your neighborhood down, blocking the interstate, insulting/taunting/assaulting/ambushing the police, and making a total douchebag of yourself is the answer. The black community reallllly needs to take a good hard look at itself, because the external greavances they have pale in comparison to the internal ones (ahem, Chicago). Really ought to take a hard look at the policies of the party they vote for that does nothing more than keep them where they are now...

All he's done is draw attention to himself. He didn't help his cause, he HURT it - and himself in the process.

BLM's entire motus operandi hasn't helped their cause, it's hurt it...

Oh, I think there is one, but I don't think burning your neighborhood down, blocking the interstate, insulting/taunting/assaulting/ambushing the police, and making a total douchebag of yourself is the answer. The black community reallllly needs to take a good hard look at itself, because the external greavances they have pale in comparison to the internal ones (ahem, Chicago). Really ought to take a hard look at the policies of the party they vote for that does nothing more than keep them where they are now...
and vote for the party that's always trying to deny them the vote? kind of doubt we'll see that happen

neither party is worth a bucket of warm spit in my opinion

It's not hard to stand in line to get a ID. Unfortunately, the low income people the Democratic Party is trying to "protect" are the same people that it systematically made poor generation after generation. When you give people things for free with little effort, they will come to expect that and it changes society. For example, now blm expects reparations and changes to the justice system which jails black males at a high rate...because they are one small group that is responsible for a majority of the violent crime. 13% responsible for over half of the nations murders.
The blm movement has resulted in an ignorant few expecting to burn down their local businesses and get reparations etc....very intelligent! The Watts riots caused several major employers(Goodyear being one I think) to relocate. This caused the local economy to suffer for decades after.
You show me where institutional racism exists and I'll show you it doesn't. Opportunities are there if people are willing to work for it like the rest of us. Our local inner city offers high school grads free college yet the graduation rate is barely above 50% and most of them don't attend college at all. Our city police force practically begs for minorities to apply and take the test. Then the department will, without blinking an eye, hire a minority with a score of 70 over a white male that scored 90+ AND has a four year degree. Police is not somewhere I think it is practical to take a lesser candidate regardless of race.
I think people should read more Frederick Douglass and get educated, then look up Thomas Sowell to put your institutional racism fears to rest with facts.

Actually, I was thinking about gerrymandering when I made my comment. That denies far more people the impact of their vote without actually appearing to deny them the vote. And both parties try to do it when they can, each for their own purposes. Institutional racism? Take a look at how our drug laws target certain drugs differently- than ask why that is. The results can be seen in our prison population.

But really at the bottom of it, if you think that either party has or is interested in finding any real answers- well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. We can agree that we love motorcycles, and that they are more fun and rewarding than politics.

Reactions: kml
Guy converts to Islam, self radicalizes at a rapid pace and is now engaged to a black lives matter hate monger. None of this should be surprising and why hasn't the NFL fined/suspended him? I don't follow sports but I do recall stories where a little unauthorized decal in the wrong spot that nobody noticed, or not speaking at a press conference got you fined, so where is his or is this more protected class BS? Guarantee you the guy said something negative about Islam or gays and he'd be nuked from orbit so fast you'd have to question whether he ever existed at all.

Guys a worthless clown and a symptom of larger problems, mainly a movement that was built on a lie and continues to perpetuate more of them. These types can't line up people for victim status fast enough...

The whole BLM movement is BS. Deviants wanting crap for free. Think they are owed something by their oppressors....Problem is they aren't and haven't been oppressed for a long time...and they have never been .... I saw a funny the other day...it said

I never owned slaves and you never picked cotton...so get over yourself.

Look I dont support or like the movement either but your tone along with the rest of your comment is b.s. I dont take sides but I'm aware and my eyes are open to both sides. So who isn't owed something? BLM or blacks? Haven't been oppressed for a long time? "I never owned slaves and you never picked cotton...so get over yourself". Where is the humor in that?

So if one group isnt owed anything then none should be. Indians, Jews, Chinese were given some form of reparations...wrong?

Havent been in a oppressed a long time? Slavery lasted over 400 years until 1863 and was followed by 100 years of segregation ending on paper in 1964.

Now I never picked cotton but my great grandfather had. My mother, father, aunts, uncles and myself experienced some form of segregation. Neither is a laughing matter or a joke. Joking about it leads to anger which often leads to violence.

Again I'm not taking sides but Im aware. Whats the difference between a Nazi flag and a Confederate flag? Please dont anyone give me any bs answer about patriotism etc. Im a disabled combat vet. The people who flew both of those flags had a mindset of superiority and practiced oppression, genocide.

Millions upon millions of Indians were killed. Millions upon millions of Jews were killed. Millions upon millions of Blacks were killed. No difference in lives. All came from ONE GOD so why the bias in how these events are looked at and treated?

The same people who tell blacks to "get over it" or say as you say "you haven't been oppressed for a long time" would NEVER part their lips and say that to a Jew or an Indian. Crazy thing is that the Holocaust didn't even happen here, it wasnt Americas "sin" yet the treatment and bias in sympathy between black and jew is clear.

Myself, I am not looking for a handout or a back rub but I hate when people try and downplay, make light of, excuse or have obvious racial hatred about the subject. I also hate ignorance and violence coming from blacks just as much.

Theres a real underlying issues that have never been addressed and probably never will be. Like I also said I don't support the BLM movement but I'd bet anything there are some sincere, genuine good people who do support them. Its not because they are deviants. Thats not fair to say that about all because of a few. I'm a black guy voting for Trump...imagine what I hear from both sides. Smh

I try and stay off these type of threads because I'd rather guys see me as a man who loves a busa but sometimes I have to say something.

I want the government who waves the red, white and blue flag which I fought for to take down the confederate flag. How about we stand for that for starters.

Why dont we talk about goverment removing prayer from schools.

Men being allowed to piss in the same public restroom with our wives and daughters.

Firemen not being allowed to fly American flags on their firetrucks.

Tv shows including childrens television shows pushing and promoting a gay agenda.

Hey I feel some of you who feel this guy should stand up for the anthem but like I said this same goverment has taken prayer, God out of schools along with the Pledge of Allegiance. If my kid doesn't have to say or can't say the Pledge of Allegiance in the morning standing for the flag....well he shouldn't have to stand for the anthem to play football...a game, entertainment.

Once again we don't address the deeper underlying issues. Don't worry you guys still get to watch your football.

Havent been in a oppressed a long time? Slavery lasted over 400 years until 1863 and was followed by 100 years of segregation ending on paper in 1964.

Not that slavery wasn't bad but this was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Slavery has existed for thousands of years. Our country was in its infancy during this period and still is. Go to a soccer game in Europe, every time a black player touches the ball there is a mob of people yelling N$&&@r! You won't see that in our country.
I was a history major and think if you study what already happened, you can have a better understanding of why and what will happen next. We should be more focused on how far we have come, other countries still have forms of slavery after all.
Believe it or not, if we don't change our trajectory with our education, economics and American culture then we will soon be overtaken. Our sense of nationalism in the early twentieth century will never be seen again. Everyone came to this country wanting a better life and were willing to work and fight for that. Now more and more we are taking people with their hand out. With our current citizens, our handouts have gone up across the board, doubled in some cases. Common sense tells you that we can only sustain at this rate for so long, especially with 19 trillion in debt.

Not that slavery wasn't bad but this was nothing in the grand scheme of things. Slavery has existed for thousands of years. Our country was in its infancy during this period and still is. Go to a soccer game in Europe, every time a black player touches the ball there is a mob of people yelling N$&&@r! You won't see that in our country.
I was a history major and think if you study what already happened, you can have a better understanding of why and what will happen next. We should be more focused on how far we have come, other countries still have forms of slavery after all.
Believe it or not, if we don't change our trajectory with our education, economics and American culture then we will soon be overtaken. Our sense of nationalism in the early twentieth century will never be seen again. Everyone came to this country wanting a better life and were willing to work and fight for that. Now more and more we are taking people with their hand out. With our current citizens, our handouts have gone up across the board, doubled in some cases. Common sense tells you that we can only sustain at this rate for so long, especially with 19 trillion in debt.

Im not debating what you said. I hope nothing I said was taken that way. I understand exactly what you are saying which is why my views are what they are. I believe most of society is uninformed and does little to change that. I believe nothing I hear without searching it out and drawing my own conclusion.

And I also wanted to say no hard or ill feelings viper. Iron sharpens iron.

Who brought up trump?
Scooby, I didn't take anything in a bad way. Everyone has their perspective and opinions as a result. My opinions are from my experiences and you/yours. Debates are good as long as we keep our heads in check...hell, we might even learn something.
Although, I can't really wrap my head around this transgender bathroom agenda. :banghead:
Too much government

They pin us against one another, to keep our focus off them. Don't buy into it. Ya we got issues...always will. Unite, and conquer! Love your neighbors! Hate wrong doings.

None taken at all :) I think typing is easy to misunderstand. I guess my point wasn't blm and black folk haven't had it rough. My point i guess was its over move on and make something of yourselves. The NAACP has been around for ages helping folks. There are many other groups etc as well. I full heartedly believe its a choice. The problem is few seem to make the right choice. They lean towards hand me out and think they are owed something. Its a hard stance but, no one and i do mean no one is owed anything and i don't think anyone deserves handouts. Hard work and dedication is awarded. Though at times it seems more slowly than it should be. The problem or difference now days is social media and the smart phone. The current happening with police have been going on for ages. There are bad apples here and there. We just see more of it now as big brother has eyes everywhere now. Not to mention we have a "leader" who likes to stir the pot and create racial tension. So in closing before i have folks misunderstand me, BLM WLM JLM ILM etc etc etc etc etc...none more than any other.

How in the world do you expect to benefit from a Trump presidency?

I'm your huckleberry:
- up to 3 SCOTUS appointments...
- that PoS lying criminal scum Killary in a jail cell, because Trey Gowdy will be AG...
- Watching liberal heads explode (the best reason I can think of)...

Every American has the right to make bad choices. I've gone back and forth on how I feel about those that choose to not honor what so many have fought and died for, because at the end of the day we live in a free country. I liken it to watching someone burn the American flag. I find the act incredibly stupid, but people do it in protest, and it's not illegal, just offensive to most for the same reasons this very subject is even being discussed. I have heard some mention in media that perhaps Kaepernick could have helped the cause in other ways, but he's certainly done one thing - got us talking about HIM. There's a part of me that wonders if he also wanted to get his name back out there because let's be honest NFL fans, where did he go anyway? Seriously, Colin, you're not the first football QB to rise and fall so quickly, and damn, everyone's saying your name today, aren't they? We all suddenly remember Colin because bad publicity is better than none.

There are always better ways to make a point, but it's his right to "protest" in the ways he sees fit.

As the daughter of a Vietnam Veteran, and proud American, it's my right to say he's pathetic.

With that, I'll leave this video.

Virginia Tech Coach Teaches Players Respect for the National Anthem

Back